Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:41:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Bitcoin Questions  (Read 532 times)
minerva (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:27:28 PM

" approximates the rate at which commodities like gold " are mined. I keep seeing this, and this is in the Bitcoin wiki. But we always mine 1% to 5% of the total gold supply per year?

How does double hashing protect against birthday attacks? Never been able to see this explained on the internet no matter how I google search.

Tip-Jar: 15NN2YwMGAntKopJgAsFBJvfuCARkV62xo
edutBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:48:52 PM

i can explain to you about birthday attacks BTC

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:28:35 PM

" approximates the rate at which commodities like gold " are mined. I keep seeing this, and this is in the Bitcoin wiki. But we always mine 1% to 5% of the total gold supply per year?

It's a poor analogy.  A really poor analogy.  When people say that, the idea they are trying to get across is that there is a limited total supply available to acquire and that initially access to that supply is eaiser.  As time goes on, the easy to access supply is all acquired, and the remaining supply becomes progressively more and more difficult to get.

How does double hashing protect against birthday attacks? Never been able to see this explained on the internet no matter how I google search.

As far as I know, double hashing does not protect against birthday attacks. Where did you hear that?

The protection against birthday attacks is the incredibly large number number of possibilities in the address set, and a (hopefully) even distribution of addresses across all 160 bit values.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: