Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:25:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paypal > Coins  (Read 3019 times)
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:17:30 AM

Haha ya right the only people who accept coins are in this forum. Nobody else uses coins.

Yeah, but they're on this forum because they use coins, they're not using coins because they're on this forum.

Anyway why not ask whoever is paying you, to sign up to this forum? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NINJA-- (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 12:10:38 PM

I only accept paypal for ebay sales. Ebay buyers dont want anything to do with coins. They want to pay with paypal.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:41:21 PM

I suspected it was something like that. eBay does not require PayPal, but you are required to use one of their approved payment methods. See eBay's acceped payments policy for details.

On potential problem with Bitcoin is that it is irreversible. The buyer must trust the seller to ship what was promised. Most the other allowed payment methods can be reversed in the event of a dispute. In their choosing payment methods page, eBay emphasises that every payment method is traceable. Bitcoin is traceable to a point: those that put effort into it may be difficult to associate with their annonymised addresses.

You may want to consider selling your goods in auction sites or forums that allow the use of bitcoin as a payment. Because of the irrevesibility of payment, you may want to consider a forum that allows you to build reputation. Since I don't have any Bitcoin myseft yet, I have not tried any of the sites listed here: trade: Material / Physical Products.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
NINJA-- (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:50:21 PM

Ya I know. I sell most of my stuff locally on CL but I plan to make a name for myself here too.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 05:53:25 PM

I wonder why BTCrow, or another escrow service for Bitcoin, can't approach eBay and offer their services to them. It seems that if the main obstacle is the fact that a Bitcoin transaction isn't reversible, a good, established escrow service could solve that pretty quickly. And because of the transaction fees, those on eBay who bid in bitcoins would have an advantage over those with PayPal or credit cards.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 06:19:41 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2011, 06:31:46 AM by phillipsjk

Ebay only endorses one Escrow service, Escrow.com. You can read eBay's Escrow Policy here. They only recommend an escrow service for vehicle pruchases, but it is allowed for any purchase. There are escrow fees, so you won't be able to under-cut credit card and paypal users (Fee Schedule $25 minimum).

Ecrow.com does not seem to be adverse to an irreversible payment method like bitcoin. Maybe somebody should ask them if they are willing to make bitcoin an official payment method. That should save on bank fees, but may be a regulatory headache. Edit: I decided to use the site feedback/suggestion form.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:37:46 AM

You can trade Paypal to Second Life Lindens and SLL then to Bitcoin using Virwox ( www.virwox.com )

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: