Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 07:50:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Variable hashrate, dependant on pool (Middlecoin)  (Read 967 times)
Nmonic (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:04:30 PM

With most pools I point my miners at, I am able to get a normal average of 5.8 Mh/s in total.

When I am mining middlecoin, my instantaneous and average hashrate is reduced, across all miners, all cards, as I type this my total average hashrate on middlecoin is 5.4 Mh/s.

Is there anything that I can change in my setup, or is this completely in the hands of middlecoin?
I like mining on middlecoin, it reduces the labor involved in mining altcoins to trade for BTC, but if I'm losing 400kh/s on top of the pool fee I should probably switch to another pool.
Kalroth

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:51:55 PM

Right now middlecoin is having some disconnect issues on the US stratum server, and the EU stratum server is mining dogecoin only.
The current best setup, in my opinion, is to use load balancing on both stratum servers.

Something like this:

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://middlecoin.com:3333",
"user" : "<yourbitcoinaddresshere>",
"pass" : "x"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://eu.middlecoin.com:3333",
"user" : "<yourbitcoinaddresshere>",
"pass" : "x"
}
],

"scrypt" : true,
"load-balance" : true,
}
Nmonic (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:06:52 PM

I had another pool set up as failover from the US Middlecoin server, and have now added the EU server as first failover, before switching away to another pool if Middlecoin is down entirely...  Let's see if this changes anything.   My miners are still on the US server, and seeing the stratum disconnections.

Also - the Middlecoin graph page shows that I am only hashing at 4.09Mh/s, with .15Mh/s rejected.  Is it this far off from the CGminer stats for everyone else?
Kalroth

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:11:58 PM

Also - the Middlecoin graph page shows that I am only hashing at 4.09Mh/s, with .15Mh/s rejected.  Is it this far off from the CGminer stats for everyone else?
That is much too low for a 5.8Mh/s hash rate on the client side, but the graph page isn't always exact. Try running with load balancing for an hour and see if it doesn't change things.
Nmonic (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:43:19 AM

Load balancing between the US and EU servers did the trick.  The graph page now shows very close to my client side hashrate.

Thank you!
edutBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:10:31 PM

Good question because this is completely in the hands of middlecoin !

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: