Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Chances we'll see another Bitcoin crash ( buying opportunity ) 1st quarter 2014?
1 - 19% chance - 54 (36.2%)
20 - 39% chance - 37 (24.8%)
40 - 59% chance - 23 (15.4%)
60 - 79% chance - 15 (10.1%)
80 - 100% chance - 20 (13.4%)
Total Voters: 149

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chances we'll see another Bitcoin crash ( buying opportunity ) 1st quarter 2014?  (Read 3077 times)
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:11:12 PM

Let me get this right... OP wants other people to loose part of their wealth because and then have bitcoin rise again just because he doesn't have balls to buy at current price?

Wouldn't OP be better off if he would just buy in now and want only the price to rise?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
pietje

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:23:49 PM

We will probably see a crash in q1 or q2, but i think we will rise to new ath's first.
drop wont go very low though, way to much adoption happening according to the news atm. But ofcourse everything can change.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:54:47 AM

Chances of me having a 3some with Emma Watson and Natalie Portman? Zero

Hope that answers your question

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:59:59 AM

When you are flexible with the definition of the word "crash" then I would say 100% Smiley

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:02:42 AM

Let me get this right... OP wants other people to loose part of their wealth because and then have bitcoin rise again just because he doesn't have balls to buy at current price?

Wouldn't OP be better off if he would just buy in now and want only the price to rise?

Wtf business is it to you what the op wants?
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:27:08 AM

I've had my own experience with exchanges, I've read others' experiences and I've seen the exchanges posting notices apologising for delays etc. I believe they are still clearing and processing new accounts and backlogs while taking on the burden of additional KYC responsibilities, all the while with more interest growing daily

Clearly you are not up to date on the extent of the issues at Gox. Withdrawing fiat has been nearly impossible for most people since before summer. You can transfer in BTC but you can't get it out until you get verified and that process appears to be deliberately VERY slow and difficult. I registered at Gox in April during the last boom when they were also overrun with new signups and verification was painless with support tickets being answered within 24h. Now support does not reply to tickets anymore (indefinitely) if they don't like what you are asking (like withdrawals or the verification process)

Does it really make sense to you that newcomers would transfer mountains of fresh currency to the exchange that has prices way above any other? If they would, at least Gox would be able to pay out withdrawals. Evidently that is not the case, either that or Gox is outright scamming. Yet this exchange where it makes no sense to start your BTC investing is the one leading the charge upwards. If you think that's normal, well I feel confident my differing opinion will be validated at some point in the future.

Other big exchanges are doing all right. Stamp is excellent, BTC-e pretty good even if their support is lacking. But prices for whatever reason (habit, perhaps) still follow Gox which is a hole you can't get out of. Any other site would have been considered a scam by now if they did what Gox have been doing for months.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:50:35 AM

All Bitcoin! All crash! All the time!

In other words yes. 

PS it's not a crash until it hits 50% of the previous ATH.
imamanandyou

Activity: 147

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:58:49 AM

I guess no big crashes in 1st quarter of 2014, only corrections  Smiley

BigRidg7

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:18:04 AM

C'mon, this is still manic depressive China + BTC we are talking about. There will be another nice crash, probably in the next couple weeks. To say the next crash will be from $2k to $1200 is as ridiculous as saying it will crash to $10 this year.

Yeah.

We have two waves of crashes on seperate China news incidents, but despite this 31st January deadline, the Chinese are still very much in the Bitcoin game and CNY-BTC trades still account for more than half of total Bitcoin exchange volume.

As much as I would like to view the nice steady rise in recent days as sign that it will be all consolidating growth from here until the next parabolic phase, since I have real money involved here that I done real work to acquire, I will have no confidence in Bitcoin until after the China deadline and any consequential fallout that may occur.

I continue to trade Bitcoin, but with bated breath and my finger never far from the SELL button, in anticipation of a 3rd and perhaps final Chinese sell-off wave.

Could you explain the January 31st deadline a bit more? I've heard the date floating around a couple times but haven't been able to find much coverage on it :/ Thanks!

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: