Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:51:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob Question: Antminer and Block Erupter?  (Read 2730 times)
captplanet (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:43:33 PM

Hello all,

I'm a noob to bitcoin mining and I ended up buying 3 Block erupters, and then I found out about the antminers, and bought two of those. My question is: Am I able to use all 5 miners on the same hub? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!!
colinfx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:02:18 AM

Yes, they are all using USB and so you can have them all on the same hub.

The AntMiners get hot (and i'm overclocking them to 2.0Gh/s each), i've put some distance between them with extension cables and stuck them near a draughty cold window. Now I can touch them without melting off my fingerprints Cheesy
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:04:16 AM

The AntMiners get hot (and i'm overclocking them to 2.0Gh/s each), i've put some distance between them with extension cables and stuck them near a draughty cold window. Now I can touch them without melting off my fingerprints Cheesy

Get a USB fan to cool them down.
BrianM49er

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:24:37 AM

I thought about it, I looked at Harbor Freight. I'm going to order one of these. then I can check the USB sticks temps and not even have to touch them Cheesy  and its on sale for $19.99

This laser thermometer accurately measures temperatures of hard-to-reach areas and hazardous materials (like car engines and other machinery) from a safe distance! The infrared thermometer accurately measures up to 1/10th of a degree in Celsius or Fahrenheit on its LCD display! Features include an ergonomic trigger to give you total control, making this a great laser thermometer for mechanics and machinists to safely check the heat before getting back to work.
40-hour battery life
Temperature range: -27 to 482 degrees F (-33 to 250 degrees C)
Accuracy: greater of +/- 4 degrees F (2 degrees C) or 2% of reading
Distance-to-spot ratio: 6:1
Exclusive ergonomic trigger control
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:38:52 PM

make sure the USB hub has enough power. the miners use about 550ma each (50ma is extra to add a bit of room)
so hub need to provide atleast 2.5amps

yorxs

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:52:59 PM

I've been running a Raspberry Pi with 4 BEs uing cgminer 3.8.5.  I compiled cgminer with the --enable-icarus switch for my BEs, but my new antminer only runs at .5gh/s.  I've read that I need to recompile with the --enable-bmsc switch.  But how can I compile using both switches so I can use my BEs and antmier at the same time?
shaashgaz

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:18:56 PM

I got help running them together here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399054.0;all
chadgroover

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:01:47 PM

+1 to that!
Mine were too hot too touch without a fan (way too many "hot potato" moments), but with an arctic cooling breeze fan pointed at them, they're practically cold to the touch now! (each one at 2GH/s and VERY close together on the hub)
ithd

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:50:20 PM

+1 to that!
Mine were too hot too touch without a fan (way too many "hot potato" moments), but with an arctic cooling breeze fan pointed at them, they're practically cold to the touch now! (each one at 2GH/s and VERY close together on the hub)

! I have one of those fans on my USB hub with 9 antminers. Also clocked at 2GHs, but they're pretty hot when I touch them Sad
captplanet (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 10:39:06 PM

+1 to that!

! I have one of those fans on my USB hub with 9 antminers. Also clocked at 2GHs, but they're pretty hot when I touch them Sad

I have mine near a window with an Arctic Breeze USB Fan on them and they're cool to the touch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: