Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash Card escam explained  (Read 346 times)
SmokeJoe (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:15:40 AM

you may have noticed recently advertisement of HASH CARD scam project
they spent  quite decent amount of money for advertisements and are having quite big bounty programme
and one has to admit - it is one of the smartest scams in crypto to date, so no wonder why so many people fell into this trap
how does hash card scam works? here is everything explained with a proofs

What does Hash Card promise?
Working crypto debit card + being listed on top exchanges

Many people lured by those promised donated money to this ICO (yes, it is a donation, check the terms of the ICO, you are basically giving them money and they can do whatever they want with it and you are not allowed to complain).

The card part of the scam explained

Hash Card promised to send working card during ICO to make them more credible. And yes indeed, I believe they will send those cards, but those are not regular cards, those are so called prepaid cards. They might be working after ICO but they might be easily terminated by the bank, but Hash Card team does not care, because what they need is working card during ICO, to be able to extract even more money (imagine how many people more will beleive in this project after the cards are delivered during ICO). After ICO ends bank can simply terminate those carde and if  you read terms of the ICO there is nothing you can do about it. Note that Hash Card DOES NOT have partnership with Mastercard (they are not even claiming it, because that would be illegal, notice there are no mastercard logos on theier site, because otherwise ICO would be taken down immediately).

So yes, you will get a working card.
But it can stop working at any moment after ICO.

They even call those cards tempory in their e-mails to make things legaly OK.

The exchanges part of the scam explained

But no, if you are donating (!) money to them hoping that Hash Card tokens will have any value, you are wrong.
Hash Card token itself will have no value.
Best way to determine it is to look for whales investing in the project. THey usually do best dilligence of the project. Notice there are no whales here. Perhaps Hash Card devs will notice them and send some more money buy themselves to make it look better (they will get it back after ICO anyway).

Many people donated to this ICO to get some Hash Card tokens. They were lured by promises of the exchanges. Hash Card devs went even that far that they placed logos of various REAL exchanges on their website promising it will be listed there (Bancor, KuCoin, HitBTC, Binance). To make the SCAM more realistic they even made agreement with Bancor (which is the cheapest of those excahnges to get listed). They even released PR statement with Bancor about Bancor listing Hash Card (both Bancor and Hash Card posted it on the Twitter and additionally Bancor posted it on the blog). It was smart move, because spending some money during ICO for Bancor would give them additional  credibility to get even more money in the scam ICO. After Bancor's inner investigation Bancor removed all the Twitter and blog posts about Hash Card because people notified the project that it is a scam. Hash Card team then lied about supposed agreement with Binance. Of course as you know Binance never announces their listing in advance. This is the point where even the biggest noobs realised that Hash Card is a scam. They demanded their money back. Biggest bahholders (people who invested too much money in this) started to defend the project on thhe Telegram and admins started kickign people out and deleting their post (pasting this text there and you will be kicked out immediately). Hash Card even sent e-mail to ICO participants in which they lied about their partnership with Binance, which made Binance angry enough that Binance admins posted warnings about hash card scam on their telegram and their twitter, you can check binance twitter and telegram here:
https://t.me/binanceexchange/1693994 - Binance executive explaining on Telegram that haschcard is a scam
https://twitter.com/Teddy_Lin/status/997410681128300546 - here Head of International Markets @ Binance is calling hash card a scam and informs it will never be listed on binance and that it is a lie and scam project - head of binance calling them scam!

Many peopl already lost money on this.
Help others not to fall into this trap.

Copy text below and paste it on their telegram to warn people:

"Hash Card explained. There was never Binance partnership and there will not be. Bancor partnership was terminated when they discovered it was a scam. You will get working cards but those are  not real cards only prepaid cards that will stop working after 2-3 weeks. Visit this thread for more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3978540.new#new"

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 08:30:55 AM

Some of the informations from here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3365068.100 are just rephrased, everyone who discussing within this topic knows and assumed that cases will happen, it's very obvious. Good for the effort explaining one by one but you should atleast reply it there to have one topic only about "hashcard is a scam". Thanks
hardalisas

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:06:07 AM

I was following this project as well.
What a shame it turned to be a scam.
I feel sorry for those people who invested lots of money into it.
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:20:59 PM

Thanks for your informative topic. You really explained everything clearly. I read another topıc about Has Card scam. He was telling that Hash Card is a scam but he couldt explain and show the proofs like you did. Everybody should pay attention.
ryancpk

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:48:37 AM

Well written message with credible info to warn people about this scam ICO. Thanks! 
aboe_banjarmasin

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:05:56 PM

too bad,i was joined on their bounty campaign.
but i just deleted my work on hash card
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:14:07 AM

Personally, I'm looking  forward to HashCard redux dubbed HCX where I can continue where I left off with HC - packing their ass with my stiff Mr. Johnson.
kirolos

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:16:18 AM

Thank you for the information- Well written topic.
Is there is any law suite against these scammers- I hope there is.
And I want to be part of this to make these scammers get their punishment.
It's a lesson well learned- It will make it very difficult for anyone to participate in any ICO again.
mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:39:32 PM

Thanks for the overview. Posting to be updated on this matter Smiley
Was so close to put some amount on the ico..
i can only imagine how big this scam could have been..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: