Poll
Question: What are  gonig to do?
Keepp mining and hope for prices to go back up
Mine something else and wait for price to go up
Dump. now.
Buy in bulk

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happening with DOGE?  (Read 11237 times)
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:02:59 PM

All altcoins seem to be slowly dying... Doge is no exception.

From my point of view Doge has no chance for longterm survival. It's a funny idea that will loose its originality with time. There is too much competition from bitcoin and other altcoins. To survive, an altcoin has to both innovate technologically and to have a large, highly committed community... and even then it's not sure that it will last. Doge only has a quite large community that is mostly in for the fun. That's not enough.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:29:20 PM

Finally, the most famous shitcoin is dead. And it should be - as it offers NOTHING.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:51:42 PM

I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble with FACTS, but:

Dogecoin STILL has the most unique addresses sending coins than any other altcoin. EVEN Litecoin.
http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/sentbyaddress-ltc-doge.html

AND

It STILL has the most number of transactions per day than all other altcoins, possibly COMBINED as well.
http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-ltc-drk-doge.html

There are still tons of users and the potential is there.

Any other altcoin seems dead in comparison in terms of users.

This does not even include any transactions that happen off the blockchain, LIKE TIPPING.

The price could be a pump and dump, but the userbase has stayed above all other altcoins since day 4 of Dogecoin's creation, regardless of price.

It's the #2 coin here for a reason: http://www.coingecko.com/

Thanks for coingecko.com link. It looks extremely useful for long term investments help.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Phrenico

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:47:50 PM

It's true that most people who bought Dogecoin care about the price; nobody would want to lose value on their investment.

However, the main difference between it and Auroracoin and most other coin is that the price is not the only thing which is important. Even if the value would drop further, hanging on /r/dogecoin would still continue to be fun, and tipping would go on too.

That's a fair prediction, but I disagree. I think that without the potential of making money, the vast majority of the 87,000 subscribers to the subreddit will leave. The true believer, or others who find the joke funny will remain, but if all people are doing is goofing around and tipping, there will be no exchange rate, and very few miners.

Without money, the joke will get old and people will move to the next fad.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:19:04 PM

1 doge = 1 doge

Doge was never intended to be an investment vehicle. It's true value is in it's community.

By the devs, maybe. But every single reddit thread contains people assuring each other that they think it will turn into a good investment. Like 99% of altcoins, the price is supported by people who think it will be the next bitcoin.

The defining feature of the dogecoin community is that there is a collective delusion that nobody cares about the price. Once that's gone, the coin is no different from Auroracoin.

But DODGE had much NASCAR.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:35:19 PM

1 doge = 1 doge

Doge was never intended to be an investment vehicle. It's true value is in it's community.

By the devs, maybe. But every single reddit thread contains people assuring each other that they think it will turn into a good investment. Like 99% of altcoins, the price is supported by people who think it will be the next bitcoin.

The defining feature of the dogecoin community is that there is a collective delusion that nobody cares about the price. Once that's gone, the coin is no different from Auroracoin.

Aricoin_Mike

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:38:22 AM

1 doge = 1 doge

And bobsled team. Wink
Trillium

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:28:17 AM

Doge is an altcoin to bitcoin, so its price is expressed against bitcoin as price pair, like all altcoins are: DOGE/BTC or BTC/DOGE. If bitcoin price goes up, dogecoin price should go down. It's simple maths. The overal value of "a doge" remains the same at that instantaneous point in time, excluding other influences on prices.

In my oppinion this coin will continue to plummet for some time, but eventually, it will reach a new price and stay there. Doge has always suffered from oversupply and a lack of real uses for the coin. Example: Most people exchange fiat to BTC and then BTC to doge. Alternatively, most people mine doge and convert it straight to BTC, and cash out to pay their power bills or to buy more/new hardware. Another example: How many shops and websites accept doge compared to bitcoin? Given the recent price drop of DOGE, if you ran a website, would you prefer to be paid in DOGE or BTC? Remember that for most businesses making money is the goal, community issues are irrelevant; all that matters is profits at the end of the day for 99% of companies.

The community is "strong" but also comprises a larger % than usual of users who (no offence) don't really know - and often don't really care - about what they are doing. This is brings a lot of good and bad attributes to this coin, which could be discussed for hours. A more important point is that the dev team is relatively large and active, and have been for some time. For most altcoins you can't say the same, even litecoin is coming under criticism in this regard.

Another thing to keep in mind with dogecoin, is there are now 86 billion dogecoins in circulation. We are at block 290793, there is another halvening at 300000. Unlike some other alts and bitcoin, dogecoin production will slow to about 5.2 billion coins produced per year (going on forever) which is about 14 million per day. Currently miners are producing about 180 million coins per day. So, within the next two years, the number of doge entering circulation will drop by more than an order of magnitude.

All of these things contribute to the price now or in the future. With the issues and developments with bitcoin over the last 12 months I think dogecoin will be even more of a wild ride. With very large scrypt ASIC coming into sight on the horizon soon, who can say for sure how all these factors will influence the price going forward...

BTC:1AaaAAAAaAAE2L1PXM1x9VDNqvcrfa9He6
qbd1313

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:28:21 AM

Bye Bye Doge!!
Aricoin_Mike

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:23:22 PM

Bye Bye Doge!!

I am not so sure about that.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:34:49 PM

1 doge = 1 doge

And bobsled team. Wink

And some positive news about litteraly sending Dogecoin to the moon for the lunar rover races! Cheesy

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2a0o2l/to_the_moon_milestones_2_and_more_tsg_lunar/
feina24h

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:42:53 PM

Doge is nothing but just a clone,every clone die someday.

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:43:35 PM

Just a slow down for dogecoin, Im sure if there is some project going on with doge and it will be alive again.
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 01:51:42 PM

How is it a clone?

No other coin has the same fast mining distribution, and it was one of the first coin with a 1 minute block time, and it's the only one which has it's 5 Billion coins perputual inflation.

Built on the Litecoin code, yes, but it's not a clone.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:23:53 PM

How is it a clone?

No other coin has the same fast mining distribution, and it was one of the first coin with a 1 minute block time, and it's the only one which has it's 5 Billion coins perputual inflation.

Built on the Litecoin code, yes, but it's not a clone.

OK then, a 99.9% clone. Splitting hairs a little aren't we?

In fact it's a fourth generation clone:

bitcoin -> tenebrix -> fairbrix -> litecoin -> dogecoin

Kergekoin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:57:01 PM

Hey naysayers!

Here is my DOGE address: DQXNxJnkZEcmxXwa9uZnsEpvBPrirNLuqT
Feel free to send your dead DOGEs to me. I will wake them up and sell them back to you at 100.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:00:54 PM

Hey naysayers!

Here is my DOGE address: DQXNxJnkZEcmxXwa9uZnsEpvBPrirNLuqT
Feel free to send your dead DOGEs to me. I will wake them up and sell them back to you at 100.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would a naysayers hold any DOGE in the first place. Surely they aren't that daft. Cheesy

Kergekoin

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:21:42 PM

Doh. It was worth a try...

Lets speculate the price. I say DOGE will hit a minimum of 50 sat before DOGEmas and a 100 sat in next summer.
I sell half at 50-60 to cover my investment and half will be kept on free ride to 100.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:38:55 PM

Doh. It was worth a try...

Lets speculate the price. I say DOGE will hit a minimum of 50 sat before DOGEmas and a 100 sat in next summer.
I sell half at 50-60 to cover my investment and half will be kept on free ride to 100.

Well, you have to do what you think is best. Nobody knows really.

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 04:38:54 PM

I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble with FACTS, but:

Dogecoin STILL has the most unique addresses sending coins than any other altcoin. EVEN Litecoin.
http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/sentbyaddress-ltc-doge.html

AND

It STILL has the most number of transactions per day than all other altcoins, possibly COMBINED as well.
http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-ltc-drk-doge.html

There are still tons of users and the potential is there.

Any other altcoin seems dead in comparison in terms of users.

This does not even include any transactions that happen off the blockchain, LIKE TIPPING.

The price could be a pump and dump, but the userbase has stayed above all other altcoins since day 4 of Dogecoin's creation, regardless of price.

It's the #2 coin here for a reason: http://www.coingecko.com/

i love facts. Those graphs are sexy. i love doge.

hope Karma start getting those numbers too.

most of you all have seen me post. I find it silly when people use the clone word to degrade an altcoin. yeah, like there is only one type of music. one type of fiat, one type of drink. one type of shoe wear. one type of clothes. one type of pizza. one type of electronics.

dogecoin and litecoin numbers are huge, thats a fact. No one comes close except bitcoin. Saying they are dead is because the price is falling is ridiculous and pure FUD.

i get it. you all think that by keep making post _____coin is dead you all hope that their community will start abandoning the coin and move over to other coin and there is more chance that some will join your coin. We all get it. its obvious. its obnoxious even. But it doesnt work like that. it only makes you all sounds like tools

I think you all should do the opposite. Embrace a coin that has a huge community. because they are much closer to break mainstream. Instead of wasting time spreading fud, go look at the charts. When bitcoin rose to $1000s , the news was good for all markets. Look at all the charts. all the coins spiked to a new high. line up all the altcoin and they all spiked crazy at the same time. Doesn't think make more sense. Help one community make the news and all communities profit.

Stop being negative and start working together!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: