Poll
Question: What are  gonig to do?
Keepp mining and hope for prices to go back up
Mine something else and wait for price to go up
Dump. now.
Buy in bulk

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happening with DOGE?  (Read 11238 times)
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:41:35 PM

Doh. It was worth a try...

Lets speculate the price. I say DOGE will hit a minimum of 50 sat before DOGEmas and a 100 sat in next summer.
I sell half at 50-60 to cover my investment and half will be kept on free ride to 100.

This depends on BTC's price.
Imho, since Dogecoin attracts different kind of investors than Bitcoin, I have the impression that its value is more tied to fiat (especially CNY on bter).

If it is so, Dogecoin would profit considerably relative to BTC if a bitcoin is still overvalued (which I have the impression it is, considering that the rate of inflation is still so high).

I'd bet a few Ð on Dogecoin getting to 200 satoshi by winter and Bitcoin falling between 400 and 500$
stan26

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 06:57:03 PM

Unfortunately coins with many BILLIONS of coins in supply are never going to be worth that much. Maybe if you wait several years...

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:00:06 PM

i get it. you all think that by keep making post _____coin is dead you all hope that their community will start abandoning the coin and move over to other coin and there is more chance that some will join your coin. We all get it. its obvious. its obnoxious even. But it doesnt work like that. it only makes you all sounds like tools

I can assure you it works exactly like that. With the uninnovitive coins (dogecoin) it has always worked like that and always will. They are design for one purpose and one purpose only. To part you from your bitcoins.

Everyone is always going to blow the trumpet about their own coin holding, and try to steer people away from others. Here, let me show you an example:

Chin up and buy them cheep coins. whole markets are lacking buyers. i am guessing everyone is holding to their btcs thinking bitcoin will go up. Silly buyers.

Oh, wait.... That's you. Cheesy

As feathercoin taught us, a community is vital yes, but it takes much much more than that.

lynn_402

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:04:53 PM

i get it. you all think that by keep making post _____coin is dead you all hope that their community will start abandoning the coin and move over to other coin and there is more chance that some will join your coin. We all get it. its obvious. its obnoxious even. But it doesnt work like that. it only makes you all sounds like tools

I can assure you it works exactly like that. With the uninnovitive coins (dogecoin) it has always worked like that and always will. They are design for one purpose and one purpose only. To part you from your bitcoins.

Everyone is always going to blow the trumpet about their own coin holding, and try to steer people away from others. Here let me show you an example:

Chin up and buy them cheep coins. whole markets are lacking buyers. i am guessing everyone is holding to their btcs thinking bitcoin will go up. Silly buyers.

As feathercoin taught us, a community is vital yes, but it takes much much more than that.

Feathercoin has 639 members on Reddit, Dogecoin has almost 88000. These numbers are incomparable.

Unfortunately coins with many BILLIONS of coins in supply are never going to be worth that much. Maybe if you wait several years...

This doesn't make sense. Of course each coin will never be worth 1$, but that doesn't mean their value can't double.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:15:37 PM

Imho, since Dogecoin attracts different kind of investors than Bitcoin, I have the impression that its value is more tied to fiat (especially CNY on bter).

um.... Bitcoin investors are the ones who invested in DOGE.

DOGE will NEVER be primarily tied to fiat. If you think this you are = to or > retarded as Jackson or you are Jackson.

DOGE only got off the ground because it hit the heart of early Bitcoin investors.... not so much any more.

Avoid DOGE like the plague at this point. It is "returning to mean meme" as we speak and honestly I believe this was the developers plans. In other words... I think Jackson fucked it up on purpose to match a picture that was released early on (www.DogecoinCharts.com)

Jackson continuously bashes bitcoin holders and encourages people not to hold crypto... Not sure why it would be any different for "his" coin.

Feathercoin has 639 members on Reddit, Dogecoin has almost 88000. These numbers are incomparable.

And for the record... Fuck Reddit. No one cares how many sock puppets can sign up.

Quality or quantity any day of the week!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
lynn_402

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:20:25 PM

um.... Bitcoin investors are the ones who invested in DOGE.

DOGE will NEVER be tied to fiat. If you think this you are = to or > retarded as Jackson or you are Jackson.

DOGE only got off the ground because it hit the heart of early Bitcoin investors.... not so much any more.

Avoid DOGE like the plague at this point. It is "returning to a meme" as we speak and honestly I believe this was the developers plans. In other words... I think Jackson fucked it up on purpose to match a picture that was released early on (www.DogecoinCharts.com)

Cryptocurrencies are decentralized. Jackson doesn't matter more than any other Dogecoin user; even if he had fucked it up on purpose, there's no way the community will let it die.

And yes, dogecoin does attract different investor than Bitcoins: Those who are fed up about how Bitcoin is filled with speculating leeches, those who don't care about the libertan ideals of big btc holders, those who want to partake in a more fun and lighthearted community, and those who want to be early holders of a coin in order to live the experience of contributing to an awesome project and profiting from it.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:47:42 PM

^^ /agree.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
lynn_402

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:51:50 PM

And for the record... Fuck Reddit. No one cares how many sock puppets can sign up.

Quality or quantity any day of the week!

/r/Dogecoin has both quantity (about 10 new posts per hour) and quality (if you have a sense of humour Tongue but there also has been a few quite interesting serious posts lately)

^^ /agree.

Cheers.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 08:02:04 PM

Cryptocurrencies are decentralized. Jackson doesn't matter more than any other Dogecoin user; even if he had fucked it up on purpose, there's no way the community will let it die.

And yes, dogecoin does attract different investor than Bitcoins: Those who are fed up about how Bitcoin is filled with speculating leeches, those who don't care about the libertan ideals of big btc holders, those who want to partake in a more fun and lighthearted community, and those who want to be early holders of a coin in order to live the experience of contributing to an awesome project and profiting from it.

I guess I saw the other side of DOGE.

DDoS, Hacking and all types of fucked up shit.... glad you guys see it as a lighthearted community, but that isn't what made DOGE a success on the back side of the board.

I'm here for guns, drugs and rock n roll anyways.

GL with yalls stuff as always Lynn.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
lynn_402

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:11:58 PM

I guess I saw the other side of DOGE.

DDoS, Hacking and all types of fucked up shit.... glad you guys see it as a lighthearted community, but that isn't what made DOGE a success on the back side of the board.

I'm here for guns, drugs and rock n roll anyways.

GL with yalls stuff as always Lynn.

All of the legit communities are built-up with many different kind of characters.
Good luck to you too!
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:31:23 PM

You sound absurd. It was always known that dogecoin was started for fun. as a joke. since the beginning. This made this coin fun and cheap and because of their good marketing it started growing. it was when it went into the hands of whales that it got pumped too much for the coin to sustain itself.

Just give it one more month while they all shibes stop being sour that this coin is not in 500 Satoshi range as they were promised and start getting used to the current corrected price and you will see how the community matters. once it turns into a fun coin again it will continue to grow in numbers.

just like litecoin, when this coin start making news again it sill spike great because of the amazing numbers and their coin distribution.

stop saying a 80 billion coin is dead because its trading in 30-40 satoshi. its pointless and make you all look desperate and overly jealous.

Everyone is always going to blow the trumpet about their own coin holding, and try to steer people away from others. Here, let me show you an example:

This is a dogecoin related topic. i blew that horn. how is that something you call me off for? we're talking about dogecoin and i praise dogecoin?

i do not hoard dogecoin nor litecoin but i constantly praise their community and their effort. ( i do own a million doge. but anyone can now with few $$. you can take a look at my profile to see which coin i root for mostly

calm your titties and shibe on
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 10:46:41 PM

bingo. this is the main reason. its too much to sustain. billion coins have it much harder to sustain in buy volumes as the rare coin. However with time and as the coin go more mainstream they will overcome the other rare coins. all these coins need to do is keep having a health block chain. And we can see that dogecoin is no where near loosing their blockchain security.

look at infinitycoin. When new wave of people joined the crypto world when bitcoin spiked. you saw this coin spike up? why? because in coinmarketcap this coin was very low and new people felt they missed the train and there it was this coin that you can buy in thousands for a $

they all heard how bitcoiner regret buying the coin to cheap before to only see it worth so much now. So the see a coin like infinitycoin and rush to buy it. back then this was the lowest price coin. and with in two week the coin spiked right up.

an other factor is that the billion coins will be better distributed along the line. because the coin is immune to pump and dumps. and they will not get stuck to die at such a high price. We can see this behavior with dogecoin. Even at the top 3 coins with higher community its still was not able to keep up the wolong pump and crawled right back to the price it was trading before.

as the time passes the community is growing and the support for this coin is growing. together with billion of coin it will guarantee what such coins will slowly and healthy progress.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:16:16 AM

an other factor is that the billion coins will be better distributed along the line. because the coin is immune to pump and dumps. and they will not get stuck to die at such a high price. We can see this behavior with dogecoin.

What are you babbling on about son?

lynn_402

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:09:42 PM

an other factor is that the billion coins will be better distributed along the line. because the coin is immune to pump and dumps. and they will not get stuck to die at such a high price. We can see this behavior with dogecoin.

It is not immune to pump and dump, but at least it has a community built-up for other reasons than speculating, this is something that few other coins have in commun. Which should make the pump and dumps have less impact; the community will buy and spend their dogecoins with relatively few regards to the price.

I think that's what Bitwho meant.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:41:17 PM

It is not immune to pump and dump, but at least it has a community built-up for other reasons than speculating, this is something that few other coins have in commun. Which should make the pump and dumps have less impact; the community will buy and spend their dogecoins with relatively few regards to the price.

That makes more sense.

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

Doge has nice community , that's good but how long will it survive  with just community , that's the big question.
lynn_402

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:51:42 PM

Doge has nice community , that's good but how long will it survive  with just community , that's the big question.

Isn't the community the only thing that matters in currencies?

Who would care about the USD if there wasn't a nation of users behind it? The government and the technology behind it are not what is giving it value.
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:53:49 PM

This is not about Pump and Dump.
but this happens because the Doge arguably the Total of the coin is unlimited.
I quite like the current Doge.
What I do is, I can exchange my BTC to DOGE, if I want to move my BTC to another exchanger.
Currently, exchangers take a fee is quite expensive.
Isn't it better to lose 0.01 DOGE than 0.0001 - 0.0005 BTC?
yeah although it will be exposed to trading of BTC - DOGE, but still it would be a loss if we request withdraw form of BTC.
DOGE price is quite stable and not much different in each exchanger.
It's another thing when you withdraw Altcoin besides Doge.
You tell me.  Cool
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:57:59 PM

Doge has nice community, that's good but how long will it survive with just community, that's the big question.

I quite agree. I also add that I believe people underestimate just how fickle these crypto communities are. They arrived quickley, something better/funnier pops up, they can disappear just as quickly as they arrived. The ones late catching on get left holding the baby.

lynn_402

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:00:24 PM

Doge has nice community, that's good but how long will it survive with just community, that's the big question.

I quite agree. I also add that I believe people underestimate just how fickle these crypto communities are. They arrived quickley, something better/funnier pops up, they can disappear just as quickly as they arrived. The ones late catching on get left holding the baby.

I think that the community is well established enough so a similar coin could not steal many users from it.

It has a good first-mover advantage for communities centered on fun and light-heartness.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: