Poll
Question: What are  gonig to do?
Keepp mining and hope for prices to go back up
Mine something else and wait for price to go up
Dump. now.
Buy in bulk

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happening with DOGE?  (Read 11238 times)
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:15:21 AM

Will doge ever hit all time highs again?  Huh

That I think nobady knows!

Think this could be the end of doge to be honest and any one who sells now is probably going to be better off doing it sooner rather than later.
i dont think it is the end of doge. it already went down once and then back up be patient doge has many advantages

Be patient! That is the key at altcoins.

Well, sort of. Patience doesn't work when the coin is so far failed beyond hope. I don't think dogecoin is there yet though. It's still trucking along. Smiley
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:19:12 AM

Will doge ever hit all time highs again?  Huh

Think this could be the end of doge to be honest and any one who sells now is probably going to be better off doing it sooner rather than later.

Opinions, opinions, opinions. Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Do you have any evidence to show the opposite?

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:04:29 AM

an other factor is that the billion coins will be better distributed along the line. because the coin is immune to pump and dumps. and they will not get stuck to die at such a high price. We can see this behavior with dogecoin.

What are you babbling on about son?

It is not immune to pump and dump, but at least it has a community built-up for other reasons than speculating, this is something that few other coins have in commun. Which should make the pump and dumps have less impact; the community will buy and spend their dogecoins with relatively few regards to the price.

I think that's what Bitwho meant.

no, i dunno what i was thinking to use such a strong word. i guess i meant to say having billions of coin is hard for whales to fake pump it that much. since once the news break out that the price rose it will be met with massive sells orders before they can pump too much.

we all saw how wolong pump got crushed by sell orders when he tried to pump it back then. or so the rumors was going around that it was him.
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:10:05 AM

Will doge ever hit all time highs again?  Huh

Opinions, opinions, opinions. Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Do you have any evidence to show the opposite?

i like to look at numbers .. http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-btc-ltc-doge.html

price might be dipping or as i say re correcting. Dogecoin is doing well pushing mainstream. also they have healthy transaction movements. looking at their top 100 wallets you can see huge numbers of coin distribution to massive numbers. almost as big as litecoin's

so while they are stalling now, one good news and you will see a lot of people running to invest. even if not. all those numbers show that there will be a lot of buying pressure from their community and this coin wont loose value easy.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 12:51:51 PM

good to buy in bulk now, doge is not dead, but needs a Resurrection plan ahead, asap.

There is a long-term plan of implementing PoS in case the current system ends up being insecure.
Imho, a resurrection plan is not needed as there are plans in place so it won't die.

Is implementing PoS definitely going to happen, or s it just being discussed as an idea at the moment?

It's only discussed for now, but if PoW does get insecure, developpers seem quite willing to make the change.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:25:01 PM

good to buy in bulk now, doge is not dead, but needs a Resurrection plan ahead, asap.

There is a long-term plan of implementing PoS in case the current system ends up being insecure.
Imho, a resurrection plan is not needed as there are plans in place so it won't die.

Is implementing PoS definitely going to happen, or s it just being discussed as an idea at the moment?

It's only discussed for now, but if PoW does get insecure, developpers seem quite willing to make the change.

While PoW has it's downside I really don't think switching to PoS is the solution.In less than a year will have a new algo better that this so better wait till then next big change.

doge is a scam man. everyone is paid fiverr poster

Take your pills before posting please , not afterwards.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
fishy91

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:36:03 PM

Was there discussion about lowering the inflation rate? Has anything been decided about it yet?
lynn_402

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:38:15 PM

Was there discussion about lowering the inflation rate? Has anything been decided about it yet?

I believe that PoS would solve the inflation problem. If the inflation is equal to the interest that every user would get, then I don't think there's any good reason to lower it.
fishy91

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:42:13 PM

Is it currently 5% a year? That would mean an extra 5 billion DOGE's a year once its reached 100 billion.
lynn_402

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:45:33 PM

Is it currently 5% a year? That would mean an extra 5 billion DOGE's a year once its reached 100 billion.

Yes it is. It will still be lower than Bitcoin and Litecoin's inflation for the next few years though.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:57:18 PM

5% inflation rate was a stupid mistake, the time they decided not to fix the mistake was the time when Doge's long decline started.
fishy91

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:52:18 PM

I thought I heard a rumor somewhere that the devs were reconsidering the 5%.
lynn_402

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:55:13 PM

Yeah some are reconsidering, but it doesn't seem to be the majority of them.

You can follow discussions by the developpers here: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoindev
fishy91

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:15:06 PM

Yeah some are reconsidering, but it doesn't seem to be the majority of them.

You can follow discussions by the developpers here: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoindev

Thanks for the information, I've not been keeping up to date on this.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:06:25 AM

A free support group thread has been setup here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708729.0

Good luck. Hope it helps you find the strength to carry on.

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:49:34 AM

A free support group thread has been setup here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708729.0

Good luck. Hope it helps you find the strength to carry on.

Hmm an altcoiners semi-anonymous
That's got to be a world first somewhere wonder what the future has in store Smiley

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 09:06:42 PM

5% inflation rate was a stupid mistake, the time they decided not to fix the mistake was the time when Doge's long decline started.

Yep.

Someone just needs to fork this bitch to have a strong cap @ 100 bil & merged mine with LTC (could even dual algo merge mine like HUC does with SHA-256 and Scrypt...)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
thrax

Activity: 253
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 10:00:18 PM

Yep.

Someone just needs to fork this bitch to have a strong cap @ 100 bil & merged mine with LTC (could even dual algo merge mine like HUC does with SHA-256 and Scrypt...)

I had some hope for DOGE when they were discussing lowering the 5% inflation rate, but I despaired when they decided to leave it at 5%.
meganite

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:30:49 AM

Yep.

Yup yup, though having at least some inflation might be beneficial than simply a hard cap/PoS at 100 billion.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 05:39:02 AM

You two are both ass backwards...

It needs to be 0.

Honestly the damage is done.

This coin is shit out of luck I fear Cry

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: