Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:49:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Bitcoin (?) Purchased at Walmart (STE)  (Read 4692 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 02:29:54 AM

First Bitcoin cake purchased at Walmart (Safe to Eat).

At today's exchange rate, it almost cost me 1 BTC (but paid with a double sawbuck).

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:40:21 AM

The cake is a lie!

Code:
Walmart Supercenter
6800 W Us Highway 34
Plano, IL 60545
http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_details_short.do?rx_dest=%2Findex.gsp&rx_title=com.wm.www.apps.storelocator.page.serviceLink.title.default&sfsearch_city=plainfield&edit_object_id=1003&sfsearch_state=IL

Ah...what information a "cake" can bring.
I wonder if I can re-order the same "cake"?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 02:48:33 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2011, 04:01:30 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

The cake is a lie!

Code:
Walmart Supercenter
6800 W Us Highway 34
Plano, IL 60545
http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_details_short.do?rx_dest=%2Findex.gsp&rx_title=com.wm.www.apps.storelocator.page.serviceLink.title.default&sfsearch_city=plainfield&edit_object_id=1003&sfsearch_state=IL

I knew that was coming. It is an 8" (edit--only 7"--about the size of a very large donut) cake purchased in the Donut section of Walmart. You could order the same cake. Also, I wasn't afraid to to show the receipt with that relative information on it, for I've already stated on this board that I'm located in Sandwich, Illinois, and can easily be found--just ask the Major (or the police, for they know me, too--in a good way [except for that ticket I got from them yesterday while going to Walmart to order this Bitcoin cake--my first ticket in 35 years]).
NothinG

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 02:54:00 AM

The cake is a lie!

Code:
Walmart Supercenter
6800 W Us Highway 34
Plano, IL 60545

I knew that was coming. It is an 8" cake purchased in the Donut section of Walmart. You could order the same cake. Also, I wasn't afraid to to show the receipt with that relative information on it, for I've already stated on this board that I'm located in Sandwich, Illinois, and can easily be found--just ask the Major (or the police, for they know me, too--in a good way [except for that ticket I got from them yesterday while going to Walmart to order this Bitcoin cake--my first ticket in 35 years]).
It all broils down when you try to take on the roll of GlaDOS.

Anyways, awesome cake! Smiley

NothinG

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:03:40 AM

How to mimic current events:

1) Go home and label your toilet "MyBitcoin.com".
2) Eat the Bitcoin.
3) "Deposit" the Bitcoin.
4) Enjoy the lulz.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Ewe, you forgot to flush!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 03:11:53 AM

The cake is a lie!

Code:
Walmart Supercenter
6800 W Us Highway 34
Plano, IL 60545

I knew that was coming. It is an 8" cake purchased in the Donut section of Walmart. You could order the same cake. Also, I wasn't afraid to to show the receipt with that relative information on it, for I've already stated on this board that I'm located in Sandwich, Illinois, and can easily be found--just ask the Major (or the police, for they know me, too--in a good way [except for that ticket I got from them yesterday while going to Walmart to order this Bitcoin cake--my first ticket in 35 years]).

Had to Google GlaDOS, NothinG. The following is edited from Wikipedia: GLaDOS has been well-received by critics and gamers, some of whom called her a narcissist, passive-aggressive, sinister, and witty. In no way, shape or form am I a narcissist or sinister. I do see, though, how you can easily come to that conclusion by the amount of posts I make, and maybe by their contents. But believe, you, me, I do love Bitcoin and would not do anything to diss her (Bitcoin is a her, correct?).

I enjoyed the post, NothinG. Later, bud.

Bruno (6'3" tall; 250 lbs; single; very handsome; etc.--in search of a Bitcoin Mama)

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 03:14:38 AM

2) Eat the Bitcoin.
4) Enjoy the lulz.

2) Eat the Bitcoin.
4) Enjoy the lulz.

Ewe, you forgot to flush!

You both forgot to add a captioned image:

Is this Walmart? Good! About that cake I picked up earlier today...

NothinG

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:27:01 AM

The cake is a lie!

Code:
Walmart Supercenter
6800 W Us Highway 34
Plano, IL 60545

Had to Google GlaDOS, NothinG. The following is edited from Wikipedia: GLaDOS has been well-received by critics and gamers, some of whom called her a narcissist, passive-aggressive, sinister, and witty. In no way, shape or form am I a narcissist or sinister. I do see, though, how you can easily come to that conclusion by the amount of posts I make, and maybe by their contents. But believe, you, me, I do love Bitcoin and would not do anything to diss her (Bitcoin is a her, correct?).

Bruno (6'3" tall; 250 lbs; single; very handsome; etc.--in search of a Bitcoin Mama)

I was going of of...
GlaDOS (from Portal) tries to make the User believe the cake is real.
Which of course any sane person KNOWS the cake is a lie!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 03:49:52 AM

The cake is a lie!

Code:
Walmart Supercenter
6800 W Us Highway 34
Plano, IL 60545

I was going of of...
GlaDOS (from Portal) tries to make the User believe the cake is real.
Which of course any sane person KNOWS the cake is a lie!

I have an honest question for you, NothinG. Do you believe the cake is not real? Please be honest. Thanks, bud.

NothinG

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:53:26 AM

I have an honest question for you, NothinG. Do you believe the cake is not real? Please be honest. Thanks, bud.

If the cake has to prove it's not a lie, it's a lie.
http://cubecake.ytmnd.com/

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 03:59:17 AM

BRB! I have to take another picture of a stupid cake. LOL!

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Going to Walmart to Buy a Cake & Take Pictures of it to Prove it's Real

NothinG

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 04:01:07 AM

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Going to Walmart to Buy a Cake & Take Pictures of it to Prove it's Real

I take it you've never played Portal.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 04:27:14 AM

Nope. The last game I ever played had the phrase, "Is Bargle with you?" in it.

I've never played Portal either but I was under the impression that phrase was widely used.

The only other phrase I'm somewhat familiar with is, "All Your Base Are Belong To Us."

More cake photos coming in a sec or two.

Bitcoin: Have Your Cake & Eat it Too

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 04:50:18 AM

THE CAKE IS A LIE

I think I understand the phrase now. But just in case people think the cake is a lie:

Gerken

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 04:54:39 AM

So how do you feel about buying from a company that uses it's ties with the government to get tax breaks, zone exclusions, and other things not available to smaller companies or family owned businesses?

NothinG

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 05:06:42 AM

So how do you feel about buying from a company that uses it's ties with the government to get tax breaks, zone exclusions, and other things not available to smaller companies or family owned businesses?

Shut up and enjoy your donuts!

@OP: This cake is apparently NOT a lie.
Wait...WHAT'S THIS?
Time Traveling Cake?

You cut the "cake" and it grows back.

WHY OP, WHY!!!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 05:22:46 AM

http://www.nctimes.com/business/article_311e9ad6-ddb7-55de-8b98-f3fd01c784bd.html

Where some see evil, others see determination.

Looks like an excellent opportunity for Bitcoin. Walmart could now easily say, "Fuck you, banks! We have Bitcoin."

NothinG

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 05:24:41 AM

http://www.nctimes.com/business/article_311e9ad6-ddb7-55de-8b98-f3fd01c784bd.html

Where some see evil, others see determination.

Looks like an excellent opportunity for Bitcoin. Walmart could now easily say, "Fuck you, banks! We have Bitcoin."

Walmart is worth more than all the bitcoins so far,
USD wins; for now.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 05:35:53 AM

That's why we are pitching them "WalmartCoin®"! (Patent Pending, Copyright, trademark and our mom's permission)

You weren't kidding, Matt!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2011, 06:36:18 AM

Calling it a night, all. Enjoy the cake.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: