Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 05:54:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can i mine with one device 4 pool's in the same time?  (Read 746 times)
mikestro (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:00:39 AM

i have the bfl 25g and is it possible to limit the speed and use it to mine lets say 4 pool to together to give each 6.5g or to give on 7 the other 2 etc?
their are many other alt coins that use sha 256 i want to redirect and mine 4 alt types of coins in the same time
is it possible with one device?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:27:16 AM

Yes. CGMiner's --balance or --load-balance functions are designed for this. Read the CGMiner README and you can see the difference between the two, and how you can tweak your hashrate to split it up exactly how you want. Works pretty well, actually.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:44:49 AM

i have the bfl 25g and is it possible to limit the speed and use it to mine lets say 4 pool to together to give each 6.5g or to give on 7 the other 2 etc?
their are many other alt coins that use sha 256 i want to redirect and mine 4 alt types of coins in the same time

Some real experts involved in the mining game these days. Amazing how peoples desire for an easy buck gets them in completely over their head.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:56:07 PM

Some real experts involved in the mining game these days. Amazing how peoples desire for an easy buck gets them in completely over their head.
Hey now. We were all noobs once. I don't want to think of all the noobish questions I used to ask...

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:57:29 PM

I just re-read this. You can't mine multiple types of coins on the same hardware. That is also right in the CGMiner README. You can split the hashrate up between several Bitcoin pools, but you can't mine Bitcoin and Terracoin at the same time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: