Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:59:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We must abandon money to attain world peace  (Read 2302 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:50:50 AM

Greed encapsulates the world and constrains humanity from thriving and surviving.  Greed is unsustainable, we live on a finite planet, greed demands for infinite growth.  Greed will surely destroy our planet if we do not change the course of our actions.

Bitcoin has helped us change the world, but nothing really changes when a select few individuals own massive proportions of wealth over society.  Bitcoin cannot bring peace, only we can by escaping the fear that divides us as individuals.

To become free, we must work together, as one.  We must abandon all concepts of greed and work together, as neighbors, as a family.

A call to action:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=398067.0

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 04:58:09 AM

Some people might consider a scammer/douche who asks for free money to be the greedy one.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:04:20 AM

wild personality swings.. must be on drugs. that or he is bi-polar?
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:15:19 AM

Money is based on trust. To abandon money we must abandon trust? The world as we know it shall rest in piece either way.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:28:14 AM

Money is based on trust. To abandon money we must abandon trust? The world as we know it shall rest in piece either way.
Is money based on trust, or is it based on greed?  Possession?

Once we abandon money we will truly find trust through the compassion and sharing of our neighbors, our community and our planet.  We will be there for each other in trust others will be there for you.

Some people might consider a scammer/douche who asks for free money to be the greedy one.
When exactly have I asked for free money?  Is there a better reason this thread was moved, as it is completely relevant to bitcoin, other than to dissipate truth?

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:28:29 AM

I like Dank threads.

I will answer seriously though, there is no such thing as a world without money, it wouldn't bring world peace, it would bring starvation and depression. If we completely removed currency, we would end up back at a trade and barter system. If you want to get technical, trade and barter is still "money" as people would start amassing desireable goods that they could more easily trade for things they wanted, and that is in itself, money.

If we cut out the trade and barter system, you are back to using whatever you can make yourself. I'm not sure about you, but I feel that I'm a rather handy person, and with a bit of research I could make a lot of my own basic needs. However, I don't think I'm good enough to build my own microprocessors and other electronics that I want, so until we evolve into a civilization where every single person is able to make anything immaginable themselves, a world without money is impossible.

If you mean we have to get rid of fiat money, that wont really help either. If we have learned anything from Bitcoin, is that whether we don't trust fiat and stick to cryptos, metals, or shells, the same underlying "greed" is impossible to get rid of. Money for the poor to middle class is a method to buy goods and necessities. For the rich, money is power. Rather than cutting out money which is a neutral medium of exchange, what we really need to do is cut out power. However that leads to issues again, while some people may be complete anarchists, most are not. I'm all for freedom to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe on others. However, I don't have enough faith that my neighbor wont just walk into my house and stab me for shits and giggles, so I would not like to take place in an anarchist system.

So really, even in an ideal world where we get rid of money and power, there definately will not be peace unless you devise a system that forces everyone to think in a similar matter of morals, but by doing that, thats not really having a lack of power as someone is doing the brainwashing.
beetcoin

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:29:51 AM

a world without money is basically a utopian ideal. is money really evil or is it the people who hold it?
Meizirkki

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:42:44 AM

Once we abandon money we will truly find trust through the compassion and sharing of our neighbors, our community and our planet.  We will be there for each other in trust others will be there for you.
Moneyless societies are very well proven to work, but not in the modern world or any community of this population density. Removing money from the world right now would bring horrible consequences and war.. as we may see in the coming decades when US/EU economies continue to decline. To have no money we'd have to start over with different approact to life, for example my personal utopia: a world where humans live in small and primitive hunter-gatherer communities.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:07:24 AM

I like Dank threads.

I will answer seriously though, there is no such thing as a world without money, it wouldn't bring world peace, it would bring starvation and depression. If we completely removed currency, we would end up back at a trade and barter system. If you want to get technical, trade and barter is still "money" as people would start amassing desireable goods that they could more easily trade for things they wanted, and that is in itself, money.

If we cut out the trade and barter system, you are back to using whatever you can make yourself. I'm not sure about you, but I feel that I'm a rather handy person, and with a bit of research I could make a lot of my own basic needs. However, I don't think I'm good enough to build my own microprocessors and other electronics that I want, so until we evolve into a civilization where every single person is able to make anything immaginable themselves, a world without money is impossible.

If you mean we have to get rid of fiat money, that wont really help either. If we have learned anything from Bitcoin, is that whether we don't trust fiat and stick to cryptos, metals, or shells, the same underlying "greed" is impossible to get rid of. Money for the poor to middle class is a method to buy goods and necessities. For the rich, money is power. Rather than cutting out money which is a neutral medium of exchange, what we really need to do is cut out power. However that leads to issues again, while some people may be complete anarchists, most are not. I'm all for freedom to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe on others. However, I don't have enough faith that my neighbor wont just walk into my house and stab me for shits and giggles, so I would not like to take place in an anarchist system.

So really, even in an ideal world where we get rid of money and power, there definately will not be peace unless you devise a system that forces everyone to think in a similar matter of morals, but by doing that, thats not really having a lack of power as someone is doing the brainwashing.
So before the concept of money was ever coined (pun intended) there was no world?  There certainly was a world and they did not commit genocide on an astronomical scale for monetary gain and certainly did not arm themselves with enough nuclear warheads to destroy the earth 40 times.

Money makes the underlying greed impossible to remove from the equation, for money is a possession which is a direct result of greed.  To seek a financial system is to seek inequality.  A world with money is the cause of the depletion of resources and the hunger and starvation of nations.

It's time to take what we learned from technology and return to our roots of sharing the world rather than hoarding it.

Moneyless societies are very well proven to work, but not in the modern world or any community of this population density. Removing money from the world right now would bring horrible consequences and war.. as we may see in the coming decades when US/EU economies continue to decline. To have no money we'd have to start over with different approact to life, for example my personal utopia: a world where humans live in small and primitive hunter-gatherer communities.
If our current society can support the biological life present on earth then there's absolutely no reason a freer society could not maintain this just as well, so long as fear does not continue to rule the minds of man kind.  Imagine if anyone could grow food for the community without being pursued by government agencies, the supply would be much more sufficient as well as diversified.

a world without money is basically a utopian ideal. is money really evil or is it the people who hold it?
Money is a tool of greed.  It is used by some to control populations and there is no reason this would stop as long as there is those that gain monetarily or in power by doing so.

You should not be taxed to survive.

beetcoin

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:25:52 AM

saying that we should remove money is a simple solution, but it ignores too many human complexities. the problem is not the money itself; it is the people who are morally/ethically depraved.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:37:34 AM

Without a state enforced monopoly of violence, karma would play itself out on a natural level.  If a peaceful society deams some people's existence a threat to the society they live in, they can deal with it accordingly.

Violence should not be used in obtaining a world of peace nor should it be used thereafter, but I cannot help as you said it, human complexities.  Those that have sold the blood of their neighbors and family for illusions of material gain for a lifetime will get their karma, whether it's through emotional distress, or death (caused naturally or by fellow man).

kamakazibear

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:46:37 AM

The concept of possession and the attribution of value onto mediums has existed well before money was invented. You honestly think the world is rainbows and unicorns before money was created?
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:04:41 AM

Sadly I agree, I made a thread about this a while ago. Bitcoin only patched the problem a bit, didn't resolve it entirely.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Meizirkki

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:07:18 AM

Without a state enforced monopoly of violence, karma would play itself out on a natural level.  If a peaceful society deams some people's existence a threat to the society they live in, they can deal with it accordingly.

Violence should not be used in obtaining a world of peace nor should it be used thereafter, but I cannot help as you said it, human complexities.  Those that have sold the blood of their neighbors and family for illusions of material gain for a lifetime will get their karma, whether it's through emotional distress, or death (caused naturally or by fellow man).
Why do you think Karma will be had by those who do exactly what the nature itself has taught to them? Evolution and laws of nature have led to our current situation, unless we believe that an alien invasion has led humanity astray. Roll Eyes
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:41:03 AM

When exactly have I asked for free money? 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389718.0

Is there a better reason this thread was moved, as it is completely relevant to bitcoin, other than to dissipate truth?

It's not very relevant to bitcoin, only other place it would go is pol/society but you already made a thread there, so it was either trash or off topic.
Also my illuminati handler has told me you're dangerous and your truths must be hidden.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:18:59 PM

Is there a better reason this thread was moved, as it is completely relevant to bitcoin, other than to dissipate truth?

It's not very relevant to bitcoin, only other place it would go is pol/society but you already made a thread there, so it was either trash or off topic.
Also my illuminati handler has told me you're dangerous and your truths must be hidden.

Good job reading:

I will pay back the value of the food within four months from my mining op if the dollar does not collapse.

I believe it is very relevant to bitcoin if my death will trigger the collapse of the world economies, collapse of society, and ultimately the collapse of bitcoin.  Definitely something people should be informed of if their bitcoins are about to be useless, don't you think?

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 04:39:18 PM

Good job reading:

I will pay back the value of the food within four months from my mining op if the dollar does not collapse.

No you won't.

I believe it is very relevant to bitcoin if my death will trigger the collapse of the world economies, collapse of society, and ultimately the collapse of bitcoin.  Definitely something people should be informed of if their bitcoins are about to be useless, don't you think?

Why did you do something so long term like buying a mining rig then?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:03:52 PM

Good job reading:

No you won't.

Why did you do something so long term like buying a mining rig then?
I really thought they'd let me stick around through the years but it's once again becoming clear to me they won't let that happen.  Things changed quite rapidly when they put a sign reading LUMP HEAD outside of my house.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:11:54 PM

This would be akin to abandoning a high temperature to cure the flu; ditching money without solving the issue of violent greed has been tried before, it doesn't work out well.  Rather, if money is truly a symptom of a violent society, then it will naturally go away once the cause is taken care of: since money is still around, and violent societies still occur without money, it is hard to say that abandoning money will actually be of any benefit, or if it's either a cause or symptom relating to holding back world peace.  This is a question that can only be answered after the fact, as I do not know what happens in a society based upon voluntary cooperation (excepting the spanish anarchists of course, who were communist.)

Waramp22

Activity: 321

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:23:04 PM

To attain world peace we must abandon money and religion.

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: