Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: R600 Bitcoin Miner (Warning: Exceedingly impractical)  (Read 17009 times)
rTech

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 01:07:13 PM

Where i've been hostile against you? Im not native english speaker so i have to use small sentences. My offer for 2 btc is now out of case cause you being incredibly hostile against me. My results were based on that binary 64 version and i runned several times to see what it can produce. This is same case like in other miner topics, everyone posted max result they got with that version what they had. So my max results were those what i informed. Im not coder so i cant use source. It also seems that coder of this product isnt very active here so this miner thread is pretty mutch forget and move on.

I'l hope you re happy when you haven't even run that app to check what it offers for you and post your results. I atleast runned it several times and show'd my results for all who may check this topic.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FalconFour

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 03:41:58 PM

It was yours + PLaci1982's replies that had this whole sense of "this is pointless, what are you noobs bothering for" about it, and at the time I hadn't realized there was even anything to test to begin with. Dead serious, I was 100% under the impression nothing had been posted yet and we were paying to have the program written.

Since neither of us had paid for the program to be written yet, obviously I was a bit ruffled that there were people in this thread (and with a huge screenshot) acting like something already "exists and sucks"... so yeah. Sorry 'bout that. Take your 2 BTC away if you like, but I don't even know if Decade is going to be back anyway :/

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
PLaci1982

Activity: 168

Live long and prosper. \\//,

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 04:00:32 PM

It was yours + PLaci1982's replies that had this whole sense of "this is pointless, what are you noobs bothering for" about it, and at the time I hadn't realized there was even anything to test to begin with. Dead serious, I was 100% under the impression nothing had been posted yet and we were paying to have the program written.

Since neither of us had paid for the program to be written yet, obviously I was a bit ruffled that there were people in this thread (and with a huge screenshot) acting like something already "exists and sucks"... so yeah. Sorry 'bout that. Take your 2 BTC away if you like, but I don't even know if Decade is going to be back anyway :/

OMG m8 don't be like a 8yo n00b.... MH/s will be different for different cards... HD 2400, HD 3100-3400, HD 4200 GPUs have ~1/3 of compute power compared to a HD 2600, HD 3600, ~1/6 compared to a HD 2900 GT and ~1/8 compared to a HD 2900 Pro/XT, HD 3800...

Hardware Expert / WinXP, Win7 Expert

1J5oPkyGVdb4mv44KGZQYsHS2ch6e1t4rc
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 07:42:56 PM

OMG m8 don't be like a 8yo n00b....

Anywho, I gave the current build a whirl on the 3600 computer. No love at all. It gives me a brief message stating "brook_cal DLL Not Found!", followed by two messages of "Failed to initialize CAL. Falling back to CPU". I'm running from the command line in the extracted ("dist") folder, with Catalyst 11.6 on Win7 x64.

Think I'll go try smacking it with Process Monitor, but I really do hate that thing... useful, but a pain in the ass to use :/

edit: also, I get a kick out of your sig explicitly calling yourself an "expert". I'm not saying you're not - that line in your sig did it for me. Honestly, I don't have to go around waving such self-proclaimed labels in my posts because it's the post itself (specifically, attention to detail in spelling and grammar, goes a LONG way to establishing credibility, like it or not) that shows I know what I'm talking about. Just friendly advice here, and this is completely unrelated to the topic/discussion/argument at hand, but: you really do seem like a bit of a douche putting that in your sig, IMO.  Tongue

feed the bird: 187CXEVzakbzcANsyhpAAoF2k6KJsc55P1 (BTC) / LiRzzXnwamFCHoNnWqEkZk9HknRmjNT7nU (LTC)
rTech

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 08:06:10 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2011, 08:20:05 PM by rTech

My sole intention of posting that pic was just proof that i got it work and in what rate. Your own imaginaion ruined everything else. I have not been smartass anywhere in my posts. You just imagine and blame me for things your own brains farted. Still my test is currently only non author result here. So maybe you need to take break and think before you act. BTW it was you asking about cpu usage so i added it too for my pic with gpu info also. Anyway you re pretty hostile dude. Also re-read my posts to figure out i had compiled testing version what i used. You just blamed me things i didnt do (as i had tool and results). My post said "its fun to test new things" and after my own results i said its not good thing to use R620 for mining.

For your words "neither we have this tool"
I did said i used 64 version (you didnt bother check first topic by topic starter, where usually every software is by their author.. always 1st post in topic!). I think all others who read these post realises that Smiley But you re too horry to act before you even understand what others said. I assume you re Yankee... as you act like big moron one...
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 08:19:28 PM

Shit, I'm hostile? Read your own post, dude, you're going on a world-burning rampage spewing all kinds of hate! I just hadn't realized the OP had already posted a preliminary version (and it would be very helpful if Decade would actually come back and give us some insight here...), so I was wondering why the heck you got a copy of it first! That's all.

And you all keep blindly overlooking the part where the guy said a theoretical speed on a mediocre card would be 20MH/s, which is hell and away from the 1MH/s you were reporting. Seeing as though I didn't know any software had been posted at the time, I had no idea what software you were even using. And at 1MH/s, it seemed more like a mis-configured Phoenix miner than anything (set to run AMD APP emulation on CPU, which happens with a bad DEVICE= entry).

It was a miscommunication, misunderstanding, mis-something.
Nobody's dying.
Nobody's throwing accusations around (except, well, you and the whole "you're pretty hostile dude" and "think before you act" thing, Mom... and PLaci1982 with the "lol m8 8yo n00b" thing).
We're on the same page now. Hopefully. At least in the same chapter. Which is good.
Now, can we MOVE ON?

rTech

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 08:23:59 PM

I rely on my own results until there is another version (i didnt oversee anything here, i just posted my results). GPU usage is shown in my pic and CPU usage also. You just said that you didnt read before you acted Smiley so you didnt know about first post tool being posted and started to act hostile against me. Anyway case closed in my situation until next version comes out for testing.
FalconFour

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2011, 08:32:18 PM

Yep, I completely admit I screwed up not reading that there was already a version posted here. We both acted kinda douche. All sorted now. No hard feelings I hope.

Also keeping my fingers crossed for an update. I'm sure there's LOTS of tweaks that can be done to improve performance on these cards... I'm still convinced (knowing the technical details/limitations of how CUDA processing works versus AMD's solution being faster) that nVidia miners can be much more optimized as well... I think someone with the motivation and knowledge needs to dig into it. I might even take a crack at it... the only CUDA miner I know of out there is way old (rpcminer-cuda)! The architecture of the hash processing functions just needs to be adapted to match the architecture of those GPUs Smiley

rTech

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
September 29, 2011, 09:55:58 PM

Yeah no hard feelings Smiley Im really hoping that developer of this tool tryis to improve it bit Smiley As its always pleasure to test new things.
Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
February 01, 2012, 07:06:15 AM

Makes me wish my 3850 was on a 64 bit capable system. As is my dual P3 board leaves me with no other option. Hope the developer comes back.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
alberthrocks

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:57:37 PM

Really old post, but...

I've succeeded in building the R600 Bitcoin Miner on a 32-bit machine. It was kinda painful, as OP has said, but not too bad. Smiley

I'm willing to sell the 32-bit build of this app on a bounty for 3 BTC, 2 BTC less than OP's price (barring BTC value increases).

Please note that this miner doesn't have great performance on crappy GPUs, end of story.
(However, if you have a better old AMD ATI GPU, it might be useful...)

If anyone submits an improved Brook+ source file for mining, I'll deduct 0.5 BTC from the cost (up to 1.5 BTC).

I've also created a build system for the miner. I'll release it on GitHub for a bounty of 5 BTC, since it took me a while to get everything working.
Included is a list of all the programs needed, with direct or close-to-direct links to download the programs.

So in summary: 3 BTC for the 32-bit build (-0.5 BTC for every optimization), 5 BTC for the build source!

http://imageshack.us/a/img685/8015/screenshotminer.png

(And yes, that's Windows 8... the Classic Shell and the Windows To Go feature are the only things keeping me here. Tongue Note that the build should also work on older OSes, like Windows XP/Vista/7.)

Build system screenshot:
http://imageshack.us/a/img40/7412/screenshotminerbuilder.png

Built with Visual Studio 2010 Pro, Python 2.7.3, Cg 2.0, Boost C++ 1.51, Numpy 1.7.0, and Brook+ 1.4.1 beta on Windows 8 x86
lbr

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:34:04 PM

Wow..

I have it compiled for Windows XP x86/x64, Windows Server 2003 x86/x64, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7 x64

If anyone need it I'll supply it for FREE!

Just pm me ; )

p.s.

I've also found a way to enable OpenCL on 38x00 series, if a1 interested - PM

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 09:11:45 PM

Wow..

I have it compiled for Windows XP x86/x64, Windows Server 2003 x86/x64, Windows Vista x64, Windows 7 x64

If anyone need it I'll supply it for FREE!

Just pm me ; )

p.s.

I've also found a way to enable OpenCL on 38x00 series, if a1 interested - PM

The community would appreciate if you share your knowledge. Especially when it comes to OpenCL on HD3000 series.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: