Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:11:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why many banks hate cryptocurrency ?  (Read 1922 times)
tidus_13

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:12:28 PM

Back in 2014, for the first time, they said that blockchain technology could destroy the banking system. This technology eliminates the need for an intermediary between the payer and the recipient of funds, that is, banks. And if banks do not take measures and do not integrate into the modern economy, they may not be necessary
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:20:39 PM

I have seen many news about banks banning bitcoin from using. But I think bitcoin is a great technology and future assets, and its a great opportunity for banks also to use bitcoin as a contribution. My question is why does they ban it rather than use bitcoin ?
Actually, banks wants to ban using bitcoin because they can see it as a competitor not a contributor. As time goes by bitcoin is slowly becoming popular worldwide because of its purpose, benefits and advantages that's why it attracts more users. And banks was threatened bybthis because they think if people starts to embrace this they wil slowly be forgotten by anyone and replace them.
yes, I agree with your opinion, the possibility of banks want to ban the use of bitcoin because it can threaten their existence, see how bitcoin grows and is adopted by many people, so they are afraid people will switch to bitcoin and they will be abandoned by the users, so the more people go on the bitcoin, so the profits they will get will decrease further
Ascredo

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:22:30 PM

Some banks are afraid of losing customers and lower their high profits. However, there are already banks that have noticed that the crypto market is promising and instead of fighting against it, they are starting a movement to negotiate cryptos
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:23:17 PM

I have seen many news about banks banning bitcoin from using. But I think bitcoin is a great technology and future assets, and its a great opportunity for banks also to use bitcoin as a contribution. My question is why does they ban it rather than use bitcoin ?

They knew that the price of bitcoins will grow even more in the future and they also sense that people prefer to invest on cryptocurrency more than placing their money on the banks and because of that banks are afraid of cryptocurrency.
online73

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

Ecowatt.io

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:40:10 PM

Hello everybody. I would not say here about hatred. Crypto currency has become, in recent years, a serious competition to banks. There was an outflow of investments from the banking sector. I think that this outflow will only increase. Even without deep understanding in the crypto currency, many understand that the percentage of the profitability of the crypto-currency market is phenomenal. If you follow certain actions, the security of investing in a digital coin is not inferior to banking services. The banking sector will have to rebuild - the crypto currency market is a very serious competitor.
valentinen39

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:48:32 PM

They do not really hate cryptocurrency but there are a lot of investors in the market who prefer cryptocurrency more than fiat because people know that the profit is much better if they will place their money on bitcoins rather than on banks.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:51:34 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency developed few year ago and more valuable than several fiat that has been in existed for several decade,Banks can not comprhend where the value of  BTC comes from,therefore they see it as an illegal currency, since it has not been officially approved by most government globally.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 09:53:55 PM

they hate cryptocurrencies, the way apex predetors hate other apex predator,

cryptocurrencies take money earning cattle or power away from them.

but many cryptocurrencies dont understand the pandora box they are opening, weakening the banking cartels will lead also to a much more criminal violent world. and people will support others losing their wealth, because they dont trust where he got that from.

Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:10:33 PM

That's exactly what must happen because the Bank will never compete with the development of Bitcoin until whenever.
molenracing

Activity: 199
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:15:11 PM

Cryptocurrency is decentralized and does not require a third party to make transactions, of course this will be very contrary to the function of the Bank. if Cryptoxurrency is growing and growing, and if many people are using Cryptocurrency of course this will reduce the Bank's Customers, and bank customers will be reduced. automatic bank income will decrease as well. and this will hurt the bank, this may be the reason why banks hate Cryptocurrency.
cetald

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:26:40 PM

Banks do not like cryptocurrency only temporarily. So long as they do not understand them and have not prepared the infrastructure for working with the crypto.

Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:32:07 PM

Bitcoin is certainly the most serious competitor for the banks, if it continues to be left then one day bitcoin transactions are more dominant than banks and this is certainly threatening the banks and can make banks disappear.
Considered

Activity: 504