Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:31:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Morning Bitcoin!  (Read 891 times)
T.Stuart (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:56:02 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 10:13:30 AM by T.Stuart

My goodness! What a glorious Saturday morning this is!

Just look at all that Hodling this weekend! Amazing! So far so good!  Smiley

Looking back over last night and checking the Gox charts all the way from 1 minute through 1 hour, I am seeing some interesting stuff.

It looks like, dare I say it, someone may have decided to dump some coins at a particular moment when there was no good reason for them to do so (well apart from all that fiendish “low volume” *yawn, stretch*). No, really, there were plenty of smallish buys going on and the price moving up. So what does this say? The plot thickens.

Further analysis shows that the dump was timed exactly at the point when the price could have reached a new high (+$888) for this uptrend or... shock horror!... look like what some people might call a small “double top”. Wooooooo !  Shocked

So over a period of 15 minutes coins dropped at regular intervals creating pretty red candles.

Could this have been an attempt by a fiat heavy bear with some coins to start a cascade?

I don't know. But what I do know is this. There are a lot people sitting on a lot of money hoping that they will have one last chance to buy in low before the price keeps moving up and they maybe never get another chance to buy a Bitcoin at under $1,000.

But I don't think that they have factored in the growing interest in Bitcoin, the historical “bubbles” moving closer together, spreading adoption, etc. and.... Hodlers!  Cheesy

My oh my have we been Hodling so very nicely over these last couple of weeks. If the attempted panic-inducing scenario I have painted above is true, then Hodlers... you can congratulate yourselves for having shaken yet another pure speculator* from the tree.  Wink

And this is what is happening with almost every single one of these several hundred to several thousand coin dumps we have seen over the past couple of weeks. If any of those sellers was hoping to buy back in cheaper straight away: They failed; Hodling prevailed.

You don't need me to go over the myriad good reasons for sticking to your guns right now at this crucial point, Hodlers. There is indisputable evidence that a lot more investment is heading Bitcoins's way right now and in the near future. This is not like last summer at all. Thousands of managers from the worlds of finance, investment, e-commerce, etc. are looking seriously at Bitcoin now. Make no mistake: 2014 is going to be big.

And everyone can see that the price boosts, otherwise known as "bubbles", have been getting closer and closer together as Bitcoin grows. Bulls and bears alike agree on this – anyone can see it. Well following this logic any large future price rise is likely due in the first quarter of 2014. This could correlate with what some are calling an S-curve.

I believe that the time is ripe for the hundreds of thousands (soon to become tens of millions and more) of smaller Bitcoin owners – those who have invested anything between a few dollars to a few thousand dollars – to come out on top of the waves. Too long has Bitcoin been manipulated by traders with their "play money" of hundreds of thousands of dollars. But do you know what? These guys are now getting scared that they can't move the markets as much as they could in the past. And they are scared of eachother.

So let's keep Holding firm. It's a heart-warming sight! Of course I cannot make promises but I can say I believe people Hodling now will see very rewarding growth in the weeks and months to come, because Bitcoin is going to begin going mainstream in 2014.  This is what I think, and I have put my own money in with this reasoning.

Good luck to you all!  Smiley

*Pure speculation = Trying to make money from the price movements first and foremost. Hodling is not pure speculation: Hodlers belive Bitcoin will succeed. Do you know what the funny thing is? Even the bears on this forum believe Bitcoin will succeed. They are all waiting to buy coins because they think Bitcoin will win!  Grin

Disclaimer: This is what I really think. Sorry if it is annoying for some!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:20:27 PM

My goodness! What a glorious Saturday morning this is!

Just look at all that Hodling this weekend! Amazing! So far so good!  Smiley

Looking back over last night and checking the Gox charts all the way from 1 minute through 1 hour, I am seeing some interesting stuff.

It looks like, dare I say it, someone may have decided to dump some coins at a particular moment when there was no good reason for them to do so (well apart from all that fiendish “low volume” *yawn, stretch*). No, really, there were plenty of smallish buys going on and the price moving up. So what does this say? The plot thickens.

Further analysis shows that the dump was timed exactly at the point when the price could have reached a new high (+$888) for this uptrend or... shock horror!... look like what some people might call a small “double top”. Wooooooo !  Shocked

So over a period of 15 minutes coins dropped at regular intervals creating pretty red candles.

Could this have been an attempt by a fiat heavy bear with some coins to start a cascade?

I don't know. But what I do know is this. There are a lot people sitting on a lot of money hoping that they will have one last chance to buy in low before the price keeps moving up and they maybe never get another chance to buy a Bitcoin at under $1,000.

But I don't think that they have factored in the growing interest in Bitcoin, the historical “bubbles” moving closer together, spreading adoption, etc. and.... Hodlers!  Cheesy

My oh my have we been Hodling so very nicely over these last couple of weeks. If the attempted panic-inducing scenario I have painted above is true, then Hodlers... you can congratulate yourselves for having shaken yet another pure speculator* from the tree.  Wink

And this is what is happening with almost every single one of these several hundred to several thousand coin dumps we have seen over the past couple of weeks. If any of those sellers was hoping to buy back in cheaper straight away: They failed; Hodling prevailed.

You don't need me to go over the myriad good reasons for sticking to your guns right now at this crucial point, Hodlers. There is indisputable evidence that a lot more investment is heading Bitcoins's way right now and in the near future. This is not like last summer at all. Thousands of managers from the worlds of finance, investment, e-commerce, etc. are looking seriously at Bitcoin now. Make no mistake: 2014 is going to be big.

And everyone can see that the price boosts, otherwise known as "bubbles", have been getting closer and closer together as Bitcoin grows. Bulls and bears alike agree on this – anyone can see it. Well following this logic any large future price rise is likely due in the first quarter of 2014. This could correlate with what some are calling an S-curve.

I believe that the time is ripe for the hundreds of thousands (soon to become tens of millions and more) of smaller Bitcoin owners – those who have invested anything between a few dollars to a few thousand dollars – to come out on top of the waves. Too long has Bitcoin been manipulated by traders with their "play money" of hundreds of thousands of dollars. But do you know what? These guys are now getting scared that they can't move the markets as much as they could in the past. And they are scared of eachother.

So let's keep Holding firm. It's a heart-warming sight! Of course I cannot make promises but I can say I believe people Hodling now will see very rewarding growth in the weeks and months to come, because Bitcoin is going to begin going mainstream in 2014.  This is what I think, and I have put my own money in with this reasoning.

Good luck to you all!  Smiley

*Pure speculation = Trying to make money from the price movements first and foremost. Hodling is not pure speculation: Hodlers belive Bitcoin will succeed. Do you know what the funny thing is? Even the bears on this forum believe Bitcoin will succeed. They are all waiting to buy coins because they think Bitcoin will win!  Grin

Disclaimer: This is what I really think. Sorry if it is annoying for some!

Bought my first tranche in April in the run up to the bubble after reading the bitcoin paper. Held as it popped and further slowly accumulated through summer and October. I was hoping for longer before blast off but timing is not my strongpoint! I bought again last week and I will buy again at some point this month. I tend to buy a few btc every few days which calms my urge to go all in and not get over excited.

If we get continued increased user adoption rates of the last two months then bitcoin prices have to rise, and rise fast. I expect 2014 to be a bumpy road though. Last years performance is unthinkable. Government and central banks will become more aggressive as adoption increases and the mainstream threatens to become a possibility.

Frankly I still see bitcoin as a binary bet. Sure I could cash out now and still be up several hundreds of percent but I am taking the long view that this is a disruptive technology, a game changer which can change the face of global banking. It reminds me of that quote from Ernest Hemmingway, "how did you go bankrupt? Gradually, then suddenly!". I view bitcoin in the same way. I am the only person I know who actually owns bitcoin so we are still far off anything other than mainstream identification with the word itself.

Here is hoping for some gradual growth back towards the all time high and beyond so we all have a buffer before the usual roller coaster volatility starts to punch the stuffing out of new entrants. I think this volatility will increase massively as parties with unlimited funds start to try to sow chaos in the price and well timed media stories and regulatory bodies try to ban or limit its use. Take a look at the gold chart since 2011 and more specifically since QE to infinity was announced. These guys know what they are doing!

Currently we are in a bull market, bitcoin has a tiny market cap and can probably go up another 500% in the next year fairly easily. Here's hoping!
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:42:15 PM

Cool story, but what is a "hodler" and what are they hodling?

Oh, nvm.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:43:55 PM

You should add a TL;DR at the end at least, this is too much bullcrap even for a megabull like me. Tongue

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:46:32 PM

TL,DR: Hodle your bitcoins in 2014!
T.Stuart (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:08:17 PM

Just realised that it is morning time in the US. Good morning Americans! Smiley

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Bono

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:49:16 PM

Just realised that it is morning time in the US. Good morning Americans! Smiley

Good morning foreigner!

Where's my breakfast?

I need it to celebrate BTC's new rally.

EDIT: What a way to start my day!

Bitcoin sex toys from T.Stuart!

http://www.cryptosextoys.com/
T.Stuart (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:11:46 PM

EDIT: What a way to start my day!

Bitcoin sex toys from T.Stuart!

http://www.cryptosextoys.com/

You know you like 'em !  Wink

▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: