Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for PHP/HTML/CSS/Any Database developer.  (Read 894 times)
Khanduras (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:35:40 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 07:59:05 PM by Khanduras

I'm looking to have a rather simple Bitcoin-related website thrown together. The website needs to do/have the following:

• CLEAN written code is a must.
  • Interface with bitcoind in order to send/receive bitcoins to/from multiple addresses and detect deposits.
  • An anonymous login system, as long as certain details can be stored through the current sessions.
  • Header/footer style simple layout for the website that's easy on the eyes. Think BitPay, only slightly more complex.
  • Must be secure from all possible forms of attack, be it XSS or database injection, etc, etc...

And no, even though I mentioned BitPay, this has nothing to do with payment processing.

Simple enough, no? I'll leave some time for people to place some bids. I will favor people who provide working samples of work they've done in the past.

I plan to pay in BTC. Would also be willing to do revenue sharing for anyone interested in long-term benefits rather than a one-time payout.

Bitcoin Address: 1N1sex4rktWdxBJcFTczYZF5Xa75C47j4c                 |
Mining Income Address: 15wgpV7fDN8fVYn1q9QaPb9XSLjGRhry5L    |
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:34:21 PM

I'm looking to have a rather simple Bitcoin-related website thrown together. The website needs to do/have the following:

• CLEAN written code is a must.
  • Interface with bitcoind in order to send/receive bitcoins to/from multiple addresses and detect deposits.
  • An anonymous login system, as long as certain details can be stored through the current sessions.
  • Header/footer style simple layout for the website that's easy on the eyes. Think BitPay, only slightly more complex.
  • Must be secure from most forms of attack, be it XSS or database injection, etc, etc...

And no, even though I mentioned BitPay, this has nothing to do with payment processing.

Simple enough, no? I'll leave some time for people to place some bids. I will favor people who provide working samples of work they've done in the past.

I plan to pay in BTC. Would also be willing to do revenue sharing for anyone interested in long-term benefits rather than a one-time payout.

If the site involves sending / receiving bitcoins, personally I would specify "must be secure from attack" rather than "Must be secure from most forms of attack, be it XSS or database injection, etc, etc..." - "most" doesn't cut it these days.
Khanduras (OP)

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:58:42 PM

If the site involves sending / receiving bitcoins, personally I would specify "must be secure from attack" rather than "Must be secure from most forms of attack, be it XSS or database injection, etc, etc..." - "most" doesn't cut it these days.

Point. Updated.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:43:01 AM

Point. Updated.

Cool. Any idea on price? You will get lots more interest if you post a price you are prepared to pay.
Khanduras (OP)

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:05:11 AM

Point. Updated.

Cool. Any idea on price? You will get lots more interest if you post a price you are prepared to pay.
Really depends on the quality of the work. Lots of people have different ideas of what constitutes as "experienced" as well. So the price highly depends on what they produce. I'm also wanting to do a second site which whomever gets this job would likely get first dibs on, unless they don't want it.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:23:19 AM

Point. Updated.

Really depends on the quality of the work. Lots of people have different ideas of what constitutes as "experienced" as well. So the price highly depends on what they produce. I'm also wanting to do a second site which whomever gets this job would likely get first dibs on, unless they don't want it.

You are expecting people to produce a site first then pay them? Good luck finding a developer that will do that ....

And yeah, I understand finding a good devver is a nasty business. Just look at freelancer.com, full of scammers pretending they know every language under the sun when in reality, they know next to nothing.
Khanduras (OP)

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:20:44 AM

You are expecting people to produce a site first then pay them? Good luck finding a developer that will do that ....

And yeah, I understand finding a good devver is a nasty business. Just look at freelancer.com, full of scammers pretending they know every language under the sun when in reality, they know next to nothing.

No, I'm honestly looking for people with a decent site or two under their belt already. Hence why I'm looking mostly for devs with portfolios. I've already turned down a few offers because nobody would provide any proof of competency.  If they're competent enough to demand a decent payment, they should already have a portfolio of sorts to begin with.

Their payment will be based on past works, not what they'd be making for me. If I like what I see, I'll have no problems splurging. If I don't, I suppose I could do it myself, or they'd have to deal with working for less. Lack of time is the only thing stopping me from doing so.

gamybtc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:22:55 AM

No, I'm honestly looking for people with a decent site or two under their belt already. Hence why I'm looking mostly for devs with portfolios. I've already turned down a few offers because nobody would provide any proof of competency.  If they're competent enough to demand a decent payment, they should already have a portfolio of sorts to begin with.

Their payment will be based on past works, not what they'd be making for me. If I like what I see, I'll have no problems splurging. If I don't, I suppose I could do it myself, or they'd have to deal with working for less. Lack of time is the only thing stopping me from doing so.

Hi, You are right, but not completely, in past they may have done a lot of other works, but that doesn't mean they can do your work easily, Unless if work is same. Like, I have completed lot of coding works, but still I can say, most of them don't like to show previous works, because it can be anonymous, or private works.

So if you can let know, what you are planning to create, then people can decide if they can do or not.

BTC : 1fDTCkVcJ7SaVnoFjA5U1xfHQVfv1BWCb
General

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:47:32 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=382886.0

Check my thread out and let me know if my skillset will suffice for your project & ideas.

Khanduras (OP)

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:53:36 AM

What I want done isn't really the primary concern. Either they can do what I listed above or not. There is no gray area where it comes to those. For further clarification, this will be the basis of a framework which will be used for multiple sites I plan on making or having made, whether time permits for me to make it myself or not.

but that doesn't mean they can do your work easily, Unless if work is same.

If they can't take their knowledge and make something different from what they made before, then they're clearly copy and paste developers, in which case, they need not apply. At all. I want coding competency, not general computer literacy skills.

Like, I have completed lot of coding works, but still I can say, most of them don't like to show previous works, because it can be anonymous, or private works.

There's no reason anyone should hide work they've done before unless under an NDA, which typically only lasts until the project launches give or take a year, or unless they simply aren't proud of their work. In which case, they also need not apply.

kezzyp

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:29:22 AM

Its actually hard to figure out what your looking for exactly, you want this and don't want this, too be straight with you, you might not even find anybody willing to work with you on here, again with the attitude believe me i have tried, lots of professional developers  are on this forum, and i mean real professionals, i worked with some of them, but they wont give a damn about your project if you keep setting rules, they will just read and move to the next page, i am a web designer myself but not as best as others on this forum, i have done few coding for small time companies anyways try http://iwill4coin.com might not be ideal for you now but who knows you might change your mind!

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:16:43 AM

Its actually hard to figure out what your looking for exactly, you want this and don't want this, too be straight with you, you might not even find anybody willing to work with you on here, again with the attitude believe me i have tried, lots of professional developers  are on this forum, and i mean real professionals, i worked with some of them, but they wont give a damn about your project if you keep setting rules, they will just read and move to the next page, i am a web designer myself but not as best as others on this forum, i have done few coding for small time companies anyways try http://iwill4coin.com might not be ideal for you now but who knows you might change your mind!

You are right. The "spec" is as clear as mud. Many people that want sites / services developed don't seem to understand that developers need to work from a real spec / design, not "it doesn't matter what I want made".
Khanduras (OP)

Movin' on up.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:23:08 AM

You are right. The "spec" is as clear as mud. Many people that want sites / services developed don't seem to understand that developers need to work from a real spec / design, not "it doesn't matter what I want made".

The fact of the matter is that if a developer were interested in the first place, they'd contact me requesting more information, as many already have. As a developer myself, I'm well aware of what's needed to be stated immediately and what can wait for interested parties. I would take up the project myself, only other endeavors are taking up most of my time.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: