Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to detect scam ICOs ?  (Read 519 times)
cikey

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:06:14 AM

There is no special way. My way is to check the white paper, team, ICO rating and community activity.
redmnt78

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:45:23 AM

In addition to everything that was suggested before me I would like to share this service - https://icocheck.io/ People are submitting all found info through github and try to create a full picture of top projects with "real" advantages/disadvantages. Anyone can suggest his thoughts, this is one of the best ways to check a project.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:50:50 AM

There is no single strategy for accurately detecting fraud. But you can avoid very dubious ones. Pay attention to the following things:
- MVC – it's good is a team is already working on a product.

I believe you have a good post but you must be referring to MVP which stands for Minimum Viable Product and not MVC which doesn't make any sense.

To add, I would say that having a professional website is an easy indicator of a scam ICO. By professional i mean nothing fancy or too loud with so much special effects. A website that focuses on simple and straightforward content is best for me.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:32:15 AM

Bitcoin is the best crypto currency of all time but the is scam about ISO which impact on the crypto market and this is an bad impression for crypto market also. Bitcoin does not rely on others and it is not really bothered regarding others. Bitcoin only functions for its traders.
ichi ocha

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:32:50 AM

Now there is really a lot of ICOs crooks and they are quite difficult to detect. Be sure to check out people from the team, carefully read the paper. You need to spend a lot of time before investing.

which I know to know the ICO's that scam we can see the project we are following well or not we can see the white papper and its project team because the ICO's scam project is in effect because many investors are taking funds from people who want to follow the ICO project
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:33:23 AM

For me this is a lesson for me. one time I've experienced things related to scam. from there I learned that, not just any decision-making. I have much to consider. starting from product, team, rating, progress of the project and many more
jimlyon

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:00:55 AM

there is no other ways then knowing the game perfectly, you have to research more and learn. dig down as much you can, learn about the Team check their history, communicate with them. make Whitepaper is you bookmark. learn it before you earn it. Shocked Sad
jasonkirbi

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:31:46 AM

Scams ncan hardly be recognised now a days. They make so many posts which affect the price of crypto currency market. But, you'll see some long negetive posts without any valid links. Most of them are scams. However, steps need to be to eradicate them. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
angelfaria

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:08:54 AM

It's very difficult nowadays to detect which ICOs are scammy and which are not. You have to closely observe them at first. Observe the team, study the paper and then make a proper decision.
take_off

Activity: 396

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:02:07 AM

Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?

Fast way to detect scam ICO is search avatar of team, found linked profile, copy and search everywhere in whitepaper of they (because most people don't check whitepaper when they invest project), then check community
emanbea07

Activity: 193

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:06:06 AM

I think its pedends the handle of the ico. Much better just research first befor you entry the ico or join or invest . Read a white paper and if the white paper is good . The ico is good.
borjois56

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:08:54 AM

Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?

do not blame ico, blame yourself wrong choosing ico, i suggest before buying ico, better you browse first, who is the team and what is their project, if it is so, you know which ico is true and not true

the official Chainx referral exchange event with a prize of 200 usd.
bastiankey03

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:12:30 AM

always check on their whitepaper, team, roadmap, and their team linkedin. and more important you should check on their telegram group for their ICO progress, you should ask if they didnt update anything about their progress.
zxfffz

Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:14:24 AM

I think it's hard. Now ICO fraudsters are meticulously laying out their scams and making everything look like they are true. Their white papers, websites, teams, consultants are all complete, but they are also fake. So I personally invest very little in ICO now. This is the simplest and most effective way to avoid being cheated.
padcoin

Merit: 3

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:25:47 AM

Hi, you have to follow the community you will know real quick compare to the real project
nawosecad68

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:29:07 AM

Hello everyone,
I find it very difficult to determine a genuine ICO project or a scam. But, you can start by checking the white paper and the existence of the site. Then, you can check the team and its advisors, whether experienced or not. Next, you analyze the benefits of the project and the extent of its potential to grow. Things get tough, now cheats are increasingly seen not as frauds, so should be more careful in making decisions.
JumpHIGH

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:33:18 AM

I think there should have project that will stop the fake ICO in order to detect them. By that kind of project they can be able to detect and notice cthe scam ICO in crypto. It is much better crypto market if the stop the fake will give everyone a warn.
azhariejaya

Activity: 546
Merit: 112

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:34:05 AM

what about ICO project without telegram group chat, I participate bounty in some project but there is no telegram chat group,
they only have telegram channel and then all of them is SCAM Shocked
I do not know if this is just a coincidence or it can be one factor to detect a scam project or not.
Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:51:17 AM

You can detect scam ico by view their team and the owner of ico. Many owner have using fake data to keep their data itself. They are using another person information for thei ico and we can see at the source of hosting using by their ico website. Many fake we can find at the scam ico, if you are smart and know about hosting and domain work you will know about the ico scam or trust. Which you can prticipated or not.
juchin

Activity: 290

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:58:10 PM

Scam ICOs are usually similar then other projects because they actually didn't have anything without copying others. So that means they only want to base on other efforts to earn money for their personal purpose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: