Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:53:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to detect scam ICOs ?  (Read 518 times)
Inikoo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:30:43 PM

The whitepaper is a copy, the website is cheap, and low quality, offering irreal bonuses just to get in, members, and advisers are not real people. Just some thought, what make me stay away.

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InGODweTrast3

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:30:51 PM

Be sure to pay attention to the team, it should be people with a reputation in the cryptomir, as well as professionals of their business, and then contact with people and clarify whether their names use the skamers without their knowledge.
BitcoVast

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:43:17 PM

Usually ICO scam provides an unreasonable bonus, If you find ICO that gives unreasonable bonus, you should be careful if you want to invest in follow it
sebastianweyer655@gmail.c

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:55:51 PM

Verify the founders are fairly well known is a good start.
13ex07

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:31:10 PM

I discovered fraud in a simple way. I took a few photos of the project team and searched the picture. The names in the team and in the search results did not match. It is clear that the photos were fraud, like the whole project.

|▌    DAOX    《   Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs   》    DAOX    ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       The product is LIVE       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
WEB-SITE    BUY DXC NOW    BOUNTY & AIRDROPS    ANN THREAD   
czhen

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:36:47 PM

I think for 100% accurate it is difficult.
but many ways to detect them one of them is the revenue target does not match the idea that it takes.
kenborbs

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 04:53:04 PM

Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?

There are ways to detect if an ICO is a scam, you have to look to their website if its professionally made, with a clear road map towards success of the company. They must have a dedicated team with continuous support to their clients. They should not have a to good to be true offers, because other investors might invest immediately with big return in a short period of time.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:35:51 PM

Most of the ICOs come up out of no where and starts scamming naive people by promising them good fortune. Tons of ways to detect scammy ICOs. First of all you will see that they keep on saying and focusing that their tokens will rise "n" number of times in the future. They keep on boasting this so that they can get people attention and use greed to attract them. Secondly, look for ICOs that have good and well known development team. A renowned dev is unlikely to scam someone. Also look for projects that are unique but still makes sense and achievable. Most of the projects are just "all talk". They can't even come up with a working platform.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
vetrovppp

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:42:09 PM

Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?
Yes, you are right now there are a lot of fraudulent ICO projects on the market. You need to be very careful and spend a lot of time analyzing the project before investing in it. You must carefully examine the white paper! (it is very important). You should also pay attention to the people who are in the project team, they should have a good reputation.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Salemmia

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:45:12 PM

so many ico are coming daily in the market but most of them scam and fake ico . so before you join any ico campaign or invest any new ico try check company road-map, project hype and demand , read whitepaper, and join must company main telegram group .
lovemsngr

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:49:53 AM

Every commentator is suffering in here, answering this question billions of times. You may look at exactly the same topics, or here I will just tell you that the team behind an ICO is the key.
Vova.vova

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:12:04 PM

Why am I investing in ICO Vireo? Because it is a reliable ans successful project. I know that investing in this ICO will be a great way to get a good profit! Try it!
SnapFX

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

Lately very difficult precisely to define that the ICO project is fraud.
One of criteria on fraud definitions which I use is check of members of the team on reality.
If after check it turns out that the team consists of fakes, then I don't participate in this project.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
bitcok

Activity: 279

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:44:18 PM

Lately very difficult precisely to define that the ICO project is fraud.
One of criteria on fraud definitions which I use is check of members of the team on reality.
If after check it turns out that the team consists of fakes, then I don't participate in this project.
you are very right that most of us can monitor the team but not only that, we can see about the project or we see roadmap and whitepaper
dimon01

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:32:57 AM

I hate when people are saying about it is easy to define the scam ICO. It is not at all- nowadays there are so many professionals who are turning illegal staff into legal. 
Godday

Activity: 1526
Merit: 397

dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 06:34:22 AM

I hate when people are saying about it is easy to define the scam ICO. It is not at all- nowadays there are so many professionals who are turning illegal staff into legal. 
ico partly is a fraud. when they promise with the roadmap but what proof does not work. big chicks ico great success is also doing fraud. whether we have nothing wrong to be wary of it

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE BEST CRYPTO MARKETING AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
GeckoTrader

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:40:21 AM

Here are my steps in detecting Scam ICO or  I'd rather say ICO which will not succeed in the future.

1. Team members background has low fundamental background. New to entrepreneurship.
2. Red flag to team members who was involved in past pyramiding businesses like bitconnect and other lending platforms.
3. Poor whitepaper
4. there is no clear roadmap and vision
5. They just focus on ICO money.
dianikusuma

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 06:55:36 AM

look at the whitepaper and the team that runs the ICO. If it is reasonably assured and there is no awkwardness, mean that the ICO certainly real and worthy to be used as investment advice. Indeed actually hard to learn and it's also not a sure way to convince. but at least it's been trying to figure out where the ICO scam and not.
clairdelune

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:05:02 AM

You cannot detect or determine a fraud ICO until you look for some review about the ICO it is hard to find.
But here are some of my ways on how I look on the ICO.
◽️Check their team if the member have done a project or if their are newbies.
◽️Check their ICO rating
◽️Check their whitepaper
◽️Check their roadmap

What are listed is just my steps on how I can figure out if the ICO is scam or not. You can also read some threads here about the scam ICO some are listing it here.
tql26101997

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:08:30 AM

The best way to avoid Crypto scams is to do a lot of research. Don't just look on page one of Google, look on pages 2, 3, and 4. Also check them out on Facebook and Twitter, see if they have legitimate followers, or are they bought from other countries.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: