Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:28:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to detect scam ICOs ?  (Read 519 times)
Oladejielisha

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:37:29 AM

It not that easy to detect a scam ICO but you need to go through their whitepaper and know what the project is all about and to understand what brings about the project and also check maybe this not their first project and to know more about the manager because some managers are well known that they don't deal with a dead project, then you can carry on.
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 02:34:10 PM

You should directly see that an ico is a scam when you want to visit an ico review and to know their review result. But if you want a full depth  review, you can see if they had already have an mvp. Make sure also to verify the team and to see their tokens smart contract if its valid. Also ask your group on what they can see on that ico. Sometimes the opinion on others can open up your mind.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
robynmario

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:48:08 PM

One of the ways I often use to validate the of an ico project is "Proof of concept". You can talk to them about it. Before or during the ICO. If they can publicize it. It is worth investing in your money or vice versa. It is not a way to define or evaluate ico. But to me, it brings great peace of mind when investing in ico.
p i e c e

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:37:17 PM

today it is very difficult to recognize Scam Ico. first comes the pre-sale. then they have some money and make big advertising for the ICO. they buy good websites and people think it is a great project. all people buy this token and a hype arises. so quickly 20-30 million dollars come together. and when ICO is finished they disappear with the money and write.....we have been hacked  Grin

Man, here you are 1000% right! It is incredibly difficult to understand if this ICO is a scam or not. If before all recommended to look through the whitepaper attentively, now these documents are always OK in each ICO.
pidonkmo

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:33:33 PM

Scam ICOs are hard to detected. Honestly until now I don't now how to now it well which one is scam or no, because sometimes a scam ICO is doing all the things willingly to show themselves as good one. Everyone has their own method of assessing an ICO, and for me i would not easy to trust a new ICO, it will be better put my trust in to an old ICO and there are a lot of people use it, and the ICO can be proofed with real project.
DikkieD

Activity: 560
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:37:06 PM

Very difficult to detect. Even the hype ICO's are able to run off with everyone's money if they chose to do so. Luckily it doesn't happen that often and most people already got out since at some point it should be possible to detect a scam. However, even when they do not run away with your money (the obvious scam where the website and everything else is suddenly gone) they can still scam you. How about an ICO where team gets 50% and 30% is sold with absurd bonuses. You could call this a scam too and though many will stay away, many others will fall for it....
ljubitelmedvedej

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:44:46 PM

The only thing you can do is do heavy research into the project.

Ask questions, read their white paper, see how the community responds to them, work out the value in their project and token. If there is anything that seems a little shady, move onto another project.
oleg-mihlov

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:46:51 PM

You can try a lot of techniques, templates and tips. You can't fool intuition. Trust her and you'll never make a mistake. And if you make a mistake, then she does not have enough experience and it is necessary to recruit.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:47:44 PM

Although, this might be difficult, but there are ways to detect scam ICO. There are times that some of these ICOs claim what they are not. I think the easiest way is to properly investigate what they claim they are or that they do and confirm if it is true.
ZaBelyi

Activity: 127
Merit: 2

Product almost ready flycare.com

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:48:43 PM

First check the team and the project itself, then look for the concept and clues in the network. Further study the white paper, and then he cryptotoken. And in the process of all this, try to find out whether the token will be supported in the future, after the fundraising.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      flyCARE.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
MEDICAL, WELLNESS AND PERSONAL CARE
ACCESSIBLE TO EVERYONE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
$Darkloard$

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:38:18 PM

The criteria for fraudulent projects are considered to be the lack of certain information, as well as the impossibility of its confirmation or direct refutation of the data submitted by the authors. Providing false data to users for the purpose of collecting funds without subsequent fulfillment of obligations determines scam as the main risk of investing in ICO.
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:05:03 PM

For me its hard to detect the scammer because they act also as a real one, this is only my advice don't trust anybody here and always be an observer anytime, if you have doubt in one member here you can check his profile and check where he always put his posting this will help you to know the information about this guy but not exactly to find a scammer.

Dexit

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

Well, if you have even a one percent of uncertainty about joining an ICO, or anything such related- then do not get in there. Professionals are underlining some points, as: ratings, market gap, team behind, concept, whitepaper. Good luck, fighting, hehe.
RAMZA

Activity: 205

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:26:00 PM

In the first stages, it is very difficult to determine scam projects. Therefore, you have to accept that you can not get anything for your work.
xaker74

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:45:44 PM

Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?
To avoid fraudulent ICO, you need to first check the organizers of the project and links to their official accounts in social networks, so that there are confirmations about participation in the project.
iamreal

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:47:48 PM

There is not particular way to actually detects if an ico is a scam but their are some red flags you could see and you will suspect, for me I normally check the ico team, if they are hiding their team members, then it is a red flag for me, If i search the google and find no video or interview of any of the team members speaking about the project then it is also another red flag for me, i will avoid it.
xAnima

Activity: 69

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:48:38 PM

It is hard to detect or determine fraud ICO's or ICO's that were set to scam people. You wont know it until the last minute because to earn money, they need to at least invest their talents to make people believe that what they are launching or campaigning for is real and legit. I guess the gut feeling of the person joining that ICO will decide what is good for himself.
Illia_Avdeichik

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:10:57 AM

It's easy. If the Project just talking and doing nothing taht is definetly scam. Check the Cryptics- relly nice project. I have been posted the info in the same Topic
tutorroma

Activity: 255

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:13:35 AM

It takes a lot of experience to identify a fraud, and it's hard to judge whether this project is a fraud. I think the social media dynamics of this project are as much as possible to judge the project.

xet3cualong

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:14:32 AM

I think that any ico can cheat even though it has good information. So luck is always the first factor when investing in a certain ico.
You should carefully study the information on the project and a white sheet. You need to read the reviews.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: