Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:57:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to detect scam ICOs ?  (Read 519 times)
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 06:28:02 AM

Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?

First you refer the ico’s ratings. I highly recommended the icodrops website. There team is very impressive and smart.   
If there ratings satisfied do your ratings

Log to telegram app and shoot questions about vision and etc.
See the road map
When they going to lauch the main net and test net.

Please refer those

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
PrivateEnemy

Activity: 315
Merit: 13

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:40:43 AM

There is no universal way to find out scams. If the scam is done well, it will look like the best project. There are obvious signs, for example, using someone else's photos in the team section. But this happens very rarely.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:48:43 AM

Here are some advises: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/choosing-an-ico-common-pitfalls-of-scam-icos it should be useful!

3kpk3

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:52:38 AM

Research and luck are the key factors in determining whether a particular ICO is legit or scam. You need to research the ICO that you are interested in based on various factors like development team experience, social media interactions by the development team, whitepaper analysis, regular github updates etc which will help in differentiating between a legit and scam ICO. Luck is also essential here since research does help, but does not always guarantee success.

1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:14:57 AM

Hello everyone,
Recently scam ICOs are growing rapidly and it has become a severe problem among the investors and bounty participators. Can you guys please tell me how to detect them ?

Did you say recently? Were you just born last year? I don't mean to be rude but there are many reports in the past years on how much money have been scammed in ICOs in either a slow or quick way so please research them.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:41:44 AM

There is no universal way to find out scams. If the scam is done well, it will look like the best project. There are obvious signs, for example, using someone else's photos in the team section. But this happens very rarely.

May disagree, because there are some universal methods exactly. As you said that photos can be stolen - it is really easy checkable information, also team members provide their personal information like LinkedIn account, FaceBook, Twitter and others, and if they are real, there is less chance to be scammed. Also check information about the website, recheck if team had mentioned participation in previous projects, see github, and so on.
I prefer to go another way - I don't need to prove that ICO is scam because they all are scam for me Cheesy I prove that ICO is NOT a scam, spot good ICO that use escrow for example. If I found good(not "not bad") I can invest

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
$Darkloard$

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:16:59 AM

Transparency of the token allows investors to decide whether to invest their funds or not. If the ICO refuses to provide data on the sale of tokens, this is a sign that its team is hiding something and possibly pursuing fraudulent goals.
hiburak

Activity: 1655
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:20:05 AM

You need to make sure if they have a working prototype and well-written codes in their github.
0Shendy0

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:29:30 PM

I would recommend to pay attention to these factors: they should have a good Whitepaper, read it scrupulously, cause some ICO just steal somebody's else Whitepaper and just change the name of the project. They have to have MVP on their website, cause lots of projects like to write how cool they are, but don't have anything except these pompous words. Their employees should have profiles on Linkedin, for example, cause scammers are afraid of revealing their personality and often they whether don't have any profiles of steal somebody's photos. I was written by one scammer who had a woman's photo and man's name. Check their groups on the different social networks, they should be active and not filled with bots and fakes. Check their profile on GitHub. Take a lool at Cryptics - forecasting platform which does use 100% AI. Their project does satisfy with all these requirements.
Barrueco

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:48:16 PM

You need to make sure if they have a working prototype and well-written codes in their github.

A working prototype is one of the most important things for understanding that the ICO is a scam or not. Even a scam ICO can have a prototype but the probability is very low.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: