Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:48:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bail-ins possible in Europe?  (Read 2878 times)
Mikcik (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:00:49 PM

Well yeah i have read the articles (mostly on zerohedge), but i think they are quite over-reacting and blowing things out of proportion... Like when science say that they found a micribiological evidence of extraterestrial life and suddenly all news mediea are reporting on scientist founding out little green/grey men... Total overreacting and total blownout of proportion...
I came across these "conspiracy economy theories" (us dollar dead, supression of gold etc. etc.) in aprial 2013, so im quite new to the topic, but i remember that a lot of poeple said that the US (or global) economy will fail in spring 2013, then in summer, 2013, then in autumn, then in winter 2013... and still nothing... And it goes on and on (jsut put "economic collapse YEAR" in youtube search (e.g. economic collapse 2006 or other years) and youll find out that the economic collapse (which bailins are a part of) has been here since i dont know... 2005 or even earlier and still nothing has happened... the world should have ended at least 10 times now (due to economic problems) and still nothing happens. So even when i belive LONG term that th US will fail, there will be quite big economic problems in the world (worlwide stron depresion?) I also belive that the news media (even the alternative ones) are hugely exaggerating the issue... So when they say "Get ready to bailins in europe" i think we are still maybe even years away and it wont be as painfull as they painted out.
Thats why im writting here (probably not the best place due to the over-enthusiastic people around here) for different opinions...

Hey Mikcik, curious as to how old you are?

The economy did collapse in '08 and it has not much recovered unless you're in a minority segment of the economy (you likely are).

Someone will always predict imminent collapse. It sells news, and also the paranoids among us just push the clock two minutes forward. But people wrongly predicting does not mean a thing will not happen.

What you should also do is go back to 2007-2008 and watch CNBC clips and FBusiness news of the experts predicting how perfectly fine everything was and would continue to be. There are two sides to that coin.

Nobody knows. All we can do is take calculated risks.

But the world will not end even if the economy evaporates altogether, that is a part of it. People adapt, you look around and see everything okay, I compare it to c. 2000 and it is all not okay. It is disintegrating slowly and there are huge problems at the periphery. But this was also true in 1937. It's all relative... and yes bail-ins will happen the next time there is a major banking crisis, rest assured of that. I don't see that as imminent, but long term inevitable.

Im in my 20-ties...

Someone will always predict imminent collapse--- Yeah thats the point, not only that the "public" government lie and manipulate but the alternative news sector je lieing also, thats sad :-).

I watched that clips... loved it, it was quite and eye opener for me, love the ones with peter schiff how were all other mocking him, that the economy is OK, and then it a month it went KO :-), loved that. I just wished the news and reporting (of the "alternative" media were more honest, more correct and less fear morgering.
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:41:23 PM

Where did you get that 70 number?

Well leased out is one thing, not being present at USA is another thing, i almost belive they dont even have the gold there physicaly (or its been replaced by tungsten), they didnt even allow germans to SEE the gold... i really belive there is no, or only a little gold.

where did you got the 70 number please?

That number is all over the internet, I have read it from a ton of different people really, that's why I have no doubt about it anymore. I have also sometimes read 100 times and remember having read 50 times somewhere. I never saw somebody denying this.

It's one of several reasons precious metals should skyrocket at some point. When that is, is impossible to say though.

They don't have it physically anymore, I believe so too. In case of most countries (Finland, Sweden, etc..), they have the bigger part of their gold not physically stored at home, but in London or New York vaults. This is because it's easier to roll some gold from one vault to the next in London (or maybe even just transfer it via accounting) than it would be to fly it from Stockholm to Madrid or whatever in case they lease or sell. So when they lease it, the gold is not physically relocated. It's not under their control anymore and its leased and re-leased.

That makes it a little easier to lose the overview...

I believe there is relatively little gold left in the west. It's all going towards Asia...

PS: Peter Schiff is a master in regards to PMs. He just needs to figure out BTC, ha ha...
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:35:45 AM

Well i belive Schiff understand BTC but he just has to interve for BTC because je is invested in it.

Well yeah, the germany situation with gold is really weird, the only explanation for is that they really dont have it there anymore, even physically not (because they would show it without any objection... since they didnt even show it to germans (i think they showed them only FEw (1-5)? Bars... :-D!? Is it even possible, and why isnt there any outrage because of this...?

The other reason might be, that USA has the gold, but doesnt want to give it back to their respected owners, and USA is betting on  the fact, that in the years ahead, there will some situation in which they simply refuse to give it back (under some pretex).

BTW whats your take on BTC... i have a little conspiracy of mine... I really belive that BTC was made by some USA agency (NSA, CIA etc.).
The reasons might be 2:

1) Counterback china, as the USD is dying, and china will want to conquer the world via their currency, usa comes with special new "undercover" currency- bitcoin.... to fight with the spreading yuan... That might also explain, why are the chinesse so bearish (bad) on bitcoin lately...

2) I belive that bitcoin might have been created also to supress the price of gold of similiar ways of protecting wealth... (well yeah... gold and silver mainly)... Because with all that money printing i think they might be worried that their current supression methods might not be so effective anymore... so they came out with a different method... make some other "place" that people might use to invest, instead of gold... Because lets face it... Bitcoin might be cool, but something physical like gold, is and always be sometinh physical... So they might have created something to "divert" attention of investors (savers) from gold, to bitcoin... and if they want, the might crash the bitcoin price with minimum effort (jsut bann the merchants from accepting it, and its finished)...

What do you think about this 2 little conspiracies about bitcoin?
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 05:55:54 AM

+1 for bail-ins and wealth taxes being more "likely" than "possible". I'd say it's almost a certainty. The only real question is "when". I'd hazard a guess that we'll see them sometime before the end of 2017.

Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:06:22 PM

Well i belive Schiff understand BTC but he just has to interve for BTC because je is invested in it.

Well yeah, the germany situation with gold is really weird, the only explanation for is that they really dont have it there anymore, even physically not (because they would show it without any objection... since they didnt even show it to germans (i think they showed them only FEw (1-5)? Bars... :-D!? Is it even possible, and why isnt there any outrage because of this...?

The other reason might be, that USA has the gold, but doesnt want to give it back to their respected owners, and USA is betting on  the fact, that in the years ahead, there will some situation in which they simply refuse to give it back (under some pretex).

BTW whats your take on BTC... i have a little conspiracy of mine... I really belive that BTC was made by some USA agency (NSA, CIA etc.).
The reasons might be 2:

1) Counterback china, as the USD is dying, and china will want to conquer the world via their currency, usa comes with special new "undercover" currency- bitcoin.... to fight with the spreading yuan... That might also explain, why are the chinesse so bearish (bad) on bitcoin lately...

2) I belive that bitcoin might have been created also to supress the price of gold of similiar ways of protecting wealth... (well yeah... gold and silver mainly)... Because with all that money printing i think they might be worried that their current supression methods might not be so effective anymore... so they came out with a different method... make some other "place" that people might use to invest, instead of gold... Because lets face it... Bitcoin might be cool, but something physical like gold, is and always be sometinh physical... So they might have created something to "divert" attention of investors (savers) from gold, to bitcoin... and if they want, the might crash the bitcoin price with minimum effort (jsut bann the merchants from accepting it, and its finished)...

Maybe I'm naive, but Schiff is no opportunist, he always goes against establishment and stays true to his principles. His dad is in jail for refusing to pay tax (not evasion, just outright rufusion). I believe he just doesn't get BTC and is badly informed, like many commentators out there.

The gold thing makes sense to me just as we wrote in the last posts, that's what I believe. There is no outrage because the media is a propaganda machine and people are sheep and have enough to worry about in their day-to-day lifes. Goebbels would be proud of the fine propaganda machine the Western media are at the moment.

Those BTC theories sound pretty wild to me, I have no reason to believe that. Satoshi being some government agent? I don't know...
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:34:39 AM

The reasons might be 2:

Maybe I'm naive, but Schiff is no opportunist, he always goes against establishment and stays true to his principles. His dad is in jail for refusing to pay tax (not evasion, just outright rufusion). I believe he just doesn't get BTC and is badly informed, like many commentators out there.

The gold thing makes sense to me just as we wrote in the last posts, that's what I believe. There is no outrage because the media is a propaganda machine and people are sheep and have enough to worry about in their day-to-day lifes. Goebbels would be proud of the fine propaganda machine the Western media are at the moment.

Those BTC theories sound pretty wild to me, I have no reason to believe that. Satoshi being some government agent? I don't know...

Well... why not :-), there have beem crezier stuff happening than this, and i belive it totally makes sence, its creative, efective and covert, i belive satoshi isnt even one person but rather a team.

dont forget the briliant move that (i belive) kissinger done when gold was unplugged from dollar, he managed to peg it to oil... how genial, all deals for obtaining oil had to be dealed/payed in dollars from then. And now, when dollar is failing.. here comes bitcoin...
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 01:30:27 AM

Here you have a brand new article about the latest developements with Germany's gold (Title: Monkey Business):

http://blog.milesfranklin.com/

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: