Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Viper Scrypt Miner List of Orders  (Read 12246 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:50:58 PM

That site does not account for possible or probable scammed btc.

We need to see a record of btc paid vs reversible payment methods.

Is there even a real possibility of reversing payment after 2 months with PayPal? (Not that I am aware)
And, as stated on Alpha's website, your final payment can be made however you like.
Not sure exactly what you mean?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 09:48:12 PM

[quthor=Its About Sharing link=topic=398504.msg4313009#msg4313009 date=1388868658]

Is there even a real possibility of reversing payment after 2 months with PayPal? (Not that I am aware)
And, as stated on Alpha's website, your final payment can be made however you like.
[/quote]

I can reverse a cc charge after years.

F PayPal just pay with a $0 liability cc.  Screenshot and save all tos receipt site etc.

This is about a 67% chance of being a complete scam.

Besides let's compare cc to btc odds of recovery.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:02:06 PM

[quthor=Its About Sharing link=topic=398504.msg4313009#msg4313009 date=1388868658]

F PayPal just pay with a $0 liability cc.  Screenshot and save all tos receipt site etc.

[/quote]

They don't take credit cards. But, you can use your credit card when paying with paypal - Thx for the suggestion.

How can you say that these two companies who have been in business, for a fairly long time (10 years for the UK company I believe) and notable (the Indian company is supposedly a pretty trustworthy company and has been working with other notable companies) are scammers? That sounds a bit extreme. And how do you come up with your 67% figure? They have been in communication for a while before accepting payments so it doesn't seem like a typical scam.

Perhaps we should take this to the original thread btw.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:30:00 AM

They don't take credit cards. But, you can use your credit card when paying with paypal - Thx for the suggestion.

How can you say that these two companies who have been in business, for a fairly long time (10 years for the UK company I believe) and notable (the Indian company is supposedly a pretty trustworthy company and has been working with other notable companies) are scammers? That sounds a bit extreme. And how do you come up with your 67% figure? They have been in communication for a while before accepting payments so it doesn't seem like a typical scam.

Perhaps we should take this to the original thread btw.
[/quote]

This thread is listed as "Old" meaning the topic is longer relevant Smiley

Paying through PayPal without an account makes paypal the CC processor it's the same as a direct cc payment.

I'll be honest.  I am not saying anyone is a scammer I am saying that over 50% of asic companies make money the same way: 
1. they don't worry about consumer laws
2. they don't prove they have products or even consider demoing or proving products before asking for money
3. they use customer money to pay for R&D
4. they communicate for a while before accepting payments Smiley

Knowing absolutely positively nothing whatsoever about the companies makes this simple for me: I have no risk using a CC.  I have a lot of risk if I don't have one of these when they ship.

I pulled that 67% right out of thin air where 80% of all statistics come from.  Didn't even use a calculator.  Just thin air.

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:31:36 AM

You guys are already sending in preorders on this? Why don't you just throw money into a fire and hope to get warm. 6-9 months out, new company. Great plan!
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:34:09 AM

You guys are already sending in preorders on this? Why don't you just throw money into a fire and hope to get warm. 6-9 months out, new company. Great plan!

I'll throw one of my credit cards into a fire as well.  Actually I've burned one in a similar demonstration.  I lost $0.00000000000000000

But it did smell.

People are reporting that they paid in BTC.

I bet you can get Gnar1ta$ to do an escrow bet for a few BTC that you will never ROI paying with BTC whether they ship or not!!

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 12:38:20 AM

History never repeats, but it sure rhymes.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
MikeXBT

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:08:54 AM

Why would the site need to account for that? Which authority do you believe will take the XBT back from AT? The only reversible payment method accepted is Paypal, and considering the ship date which will be 3-8 months from now, that really isn't an issue either.
MikeXBT

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:11:53 AM

Which CC company allows you to do this? Of the 40+ CC companies with which I am familiar in North America, not a single one will allow a CC chargeback "after years". Generally they require that it be done within 1-2 months of receiving your statement containing the fraudulent charge. I see no logical reason why a CC company would accept that you received a fraudulent charge years ago, which you didn't bother reporting until now.

Considering the turnover of merchant accounts used for fraudulent sales, your CC company would essentially have to eat your loss by accepting a chargeback "after years". Honestly, i would love to know which CC company you claim offers this as it seems like a business model ripe for abuse.
miaviator
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 03:16:23 AM

Which CC company allows you to do this? Of the 40+ CC companies with which I am familiar in North America, not a single one will allow a CC chargeback "after years". Generally they require that it be done within 1-2 months of receiving your statement containing the fraudulent charge. I see no logical reason why a CC company would accept that you received a fraudulent charge years ago, which you didn't bother reporting until now.

Considering the turnover of merchant accounts used for fraudulent sales, your CC company would essentially have to eat your loss by accepting a chargeback "after years". Honestly, i would love to know which CC company you claim offers this as it seems like a business model ripe for abuse.

Visa.  For everything else there's mastercard.

bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:57:33 AM

guys on page 2 are confusion "List of Orders" thread with "lets all doubt this company" thread  Kiss

ads2003uk

Activity: 176
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 03:34:27 PM

wtf is UNK?

is this some clowns idea of UNited Kingdom?

shall we henceforth refer to the USA as Da UNSA?

The company I work for in the UK state the abbreviation "UNK" on invoicing/shipping doc's which mean's UN-Known.

5 Blocks found by renting rigs @ http://tinyurl.com/qencw96
Free BitCoins every hour http://tinyurl.com/zdwezeo
Free Bitcoin Slots @ http://tinyurl.com/freeBTCslots
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:59:58 PM

guys on page 2 are confusion "List of Orders" thread with "lets all doubt this company" thread  Kiss
Why the hell would you order this! Nobody has a clue who these guys are, the price is just a little better than gpus, the ship date is months and months away....
What are you thinking!
bumface

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:10:59 PM

Why the hell would you order this! Nobody has a clue who these guys are, the price is just a little better than gpus, the ship date is months and months away....
What are you thinking!

perhaps we are thinking 25 mh/s gpu rig would be 49x 250 watt + motherboard , cpu and other power +39/350 dollar + other hardware..........

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:14:26 PM

What are you thinking!

perhaps we are thinking 25 mh/s gpu rig would be 49x 250 watt + motherboard , cpu and other power +39/350 dollar + other hardware..........

Perhaps ? How many times over would that setup pay for itself by 6 months??
bumface

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:26:37 PM

less power usage,less hardware cost, quicker ROI.this is a good thing, not a bad thing......

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:31:56 PM

less power usage,less hardware cost, quicker ROI.this is a good thing, not a bad thing......

A machine that you (maybe) get in six months will roi for you faster than rigs you can buy today?
FreePls

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:34:24 PM

this sucks.. if its really real then hundred people will buy that and if i can afford one its already sold out  Grin

bumface

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:41:19 PM

i dont understand all this doubt people have, just because butterfly labs had problems doesnt mean this is the archetype for every machine ever launched in this crypto industry. this company is registerd in the UK and has an office building, their partner is a reliable company in India....

^CJ^

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:51:38 PM

Well, after a little research, I'm definitely not buying: https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/alpha-technology-(int)

3 guys called Mohammed Akram with different middle names and birth dates? I'm not buying it...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: