Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:55:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Viper Scrypt Miner List of Orders  (Read 12246 times)
GanjaFarmer23

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:03:08 PM

https://images.weserv.nl/?w=800&url=i.imgur.com/AFBVVna.jpg&fnr

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 08:09:39 PM

i dont understand all this doubt people have, just because butterfly labs had problems doesnt mean this is the archetype for every machine ever launched in this crypto industry. this company is registerd in the UK and has an office building, their partner is a reliable company in India....

Which ASIC company made statements and promises and then delivered on time for an ROI?

ButterScamLabs NO
KnsCam NO
ScamFast NO
CoinScammera NO
Etc
Etc
Etc

...this is the archetype for every machine ever launched in this crypto industry.

I agree.

sevoque

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:15:59 PM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that I spoke to a guy a few weeks back called 'IamRichard' as he also had a thread in regard to Alpha-T.

The reason I messaged him is because this company is about a 15min drive from where i am in Manchester and I am keen to check them out and actually speak to the owner and understand time frames before committing any money.

Does anyone actually have any realistic idea of timescales?

Please let me know, also, if there are any other manchester locals, make yourself known!

Thanks

Sev
Zworf

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:32:23 PM

Seems a bit odd, if you look on streetview, the company next to Alpha Technologies address:
https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-2.22018!3d53.452213!2m2!1f136.94!2f95.6!4f75!2m9!1e1!2m4!1sJPqlIRH0yAPcgdzSihCGig!2e0!9m1!6sStanley+Avenue!5m2!1sJPqlIRH0yAPcgdzSihCGig!2e0&fid=5

Has "M. Akram & Co - Certified Accountants", while the Alpha Technologies company is registered to Mohammed Akram. Could be this is just a common name or coincident.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:37:24 PM

Seems a bit odd, if you look on streetview, the company next to Alpha Technologies address:
https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-2.22018!3d53.452213!2m2!1f136.94!2f95.6!4f75!2m9!1e1!2m4!1sJPqlIRH0yAPcgdzSihCGig!2e0!9m1!6sStanley+Avenue!5m2!1sJPqlIRH0yAPcgdzSihCGig!2e0&fid=5

Has "M. Akram & Co - Certified Accountants", while the Alpha Technologies company is registered to Mohammed Akram. Could be this is just a common name or coincident.

I emailed the company and hopefully they can comment on all the attacks here.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
^CJ^

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:48:44 PM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that I spoke to a guy a few weeks back called 'IamRichard' as he also had a thread in regard to Alpha-T.

The reason I messaged him is because this company is about a 15min drive from where i am in Manchester and I am keen to check them out and actually speak to the owner and understand time frames before committing any money.

Please let me know, also, if there are any other manchester locals, make yourself known!

Thanks

Sev

Well, if this turns out to be a scam, you can probably collect lots of BTC donations by going there and delivering some punches Wink

No but seriously, please go and talk to them, I'd love to know what they have to tell you.
sevoque

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:50:44 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Sev

Well, if this turns out to be a scam, you can probably collect lots of BTC donations by going there and delivering some punches Wink

No but seriously, please go and talk to them, I'd love to know what they have to tell you.

They are in a disgusting area of Manchester, not going to lie, its horrible. haha.

Yeah, one guy I've been speaking to on irc has actually popped past and said its nothing but a sign fronted shop, although, he and I are keen to talk to the owner and have a discussion. Obviously he would get some positive PR from hte meet too because we can provide some honest reporting on our findings!
^CJ^

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:59:52 PM

They are in a disgusting area of Manchester, not going to lie, its horrible. haha.

Never been to Manchester, only to Birmingham once. Saw lots of similar areas there so I assumed it must be normal... Wink
sevoque

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:06:33 PM

Never been to Manchester, only to Birmingham once. Saw lots of similar areas there so I assumed it must be normal... Wink

no no, manchester is very divided. there are obviously nice areas, but Longsight is not particularly nice :/
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:14:23 PM

The company just emailed me back regarding the addresses and names:

We own both buildings 64 Dickenson Road is our Accountancy firm. You can google this.

It is a family run business, first name Mohammed is common, middle names are different.

Now, I doubt it is a multi year in the making Family scam! LOL

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:35:36 AM

i dont understand all this doubt people have, just because butterfly labs had problems doesnt mean this is the archetype for every machine ever launched in this crypto industry. this company is registerd in the UK and has an office building, their partner is a reliable company in India....

Which ASIC company made statements and promises and then delivered on time for an ROI?

ButterScamLabs NO
KnsCam NO
ScamFast NO
CoinScammera NO
Etc
Etc
Etc

...this is the archetype for every machine ever launched in this crypto industry.

I agree.

Knc delivered quite well, and their customers did very well. Maybe a few had issues but for most the process was excellent.
cerberre

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:27:27 PM

Someone managed to go there ?

This stuff looks weird. Here is the linked in profile of Mohammed Jafar Akram:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=307390318&authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=AIM8&locale=en_US&srchid=39760291389043294223&srchindex=1&srchtotal=2&trk=vsrp_people_res_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A39760291389043294223%2CVSRPtargetId%3A307390318%2CVSRPcmpt%3Aprimary&_mSplash

They are using their real names so that is a good point but what about their credentials ? Do you think they will manage to get the job done ?
tolguen

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:11:38 PM

Partial Order Number (omit last digits): 55xx
Pay Date: 2014.01.04
Method of Payment: PayPal
Number of Machines Ordered: 1 x 25MH/s Viper
Delivery Country: Germany
mehmehspazumweh

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:46:56 AM

Partial Order Number (omit last digits): 51xx
Pay Date: 4th Jan 2014
Method of Payment: BTC
Number of Machines Ordered: 1 X 5mh
Delivery Country: UK
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:40:12 PM

So they are closing the first round of oreorders. Found enough suckers to loan them money interest free for as long as they want to use it. Still just would like to see a company that could release a product when it was ready to ship instead of this horrible setup. They never addressed the illegal refund policy, or really anything else. Just in this mode of putting out press releases and emails with a little info and not responding to anything else.
miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 05:24:16 PM

So they are closing the first round of oreorders. Found enough suckers to loan them money interest free for as long as they want to use it. Still just would like to see a company that could release a product when it was ready to ship instead of this horrible setup. They never addressed the illegal refund policy, or really anything else. Just in this mode of putting out press releases and emails with a little info and not responding to anything else.

I thought all asic companies were required to screw us over using the BFL method?

Are you saying there are options?

minerdetail

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:29:53 PM

Have you checked their address? I have myself, another one here at Bitcointalk did take some pictures...
minerdetail

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:42:34 PM

What will happen with the presumed ASIC-miner when the developers behind Litecoin will change the algorithm to prevent ASIC-mining?

PS: They promised to change it Grin
Davidbc

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:34:21 PM

Hahahahaahaha I love seeing people being scammed lmao history repeating itself over and over again.
Eron

Activity: 735
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:12:10 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Sev

Yeah, one guy I've been speaking to on irc has actually popped past and said its nothing but a sign fronted shop, although, he and I are keen to talk to the owner and have a discussion. Obviously he would get some positive PR from hte meet too because we can provide some honest reporting on our findings!

So Have you been there or not ??
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: