Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:32:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Viper Scrypt Miner List of Orders  (Read 12246 times)
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:57:23 PM

Cancellation policy sucks.
Information looks ok if they can get their "ASICs" cheap in bulk

An FPGA is NOT an ASIC Smiley.

FPGA = Field Programmable Gate Array (CAN DO ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN PROGRAM ON IT)
ASIC = Application Specific Integraded Circuit (ONE FUNCTION OPTIMIZED)

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:34:15 AM

I took the chance

ordered 10/01/2014
1x5mh
paid with bitcoin
Canada
9XxX
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 08:53:16 AM

I took the chance

ordered 10/01/2014
1x5mh
paid with bitcoin
Canada
9XxX

So did I - decided it made sense as well to pull the trigger on this one - too bad their estimates push these devices out to July 2014 before delivery. Go on trollers...give us your worst  Tongue

nous

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:28:56 AM

Has anyone actually contacted Dexcel Designs to confirm their alleged partnership?
nous

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:39:38 AM

is this your asic seller?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/killer-sex-attacker-mohammed-akram-2900333

good luck:
Document: AD01 - Change of registered office address
REGISTERED OFFICE CHANGED ON 29/12/2013 FROM
64 DICKENSON ROAD
MANCHESTER
M14 5HF
Filed on: 29 Dec 2013

these guys are far gone with your money

But, sir, Alpha Technology is located at 66 Dickenson Road! I'm confident you're reaching here Cheesy
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:42:02 AM

Has anyone actually contacted Dexcel Designs to confirm their alleged partnership?

Why not just look on their website and see it as news before asking?
Come on people, it is getting crazy with the hate here.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
nous

Across the Universe

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:18:57 PM

I apologize, you're right. It was the very first article in their scrolling news frame though and I must've missed it.

Anyway, it's not hatred, just plain scepticism. A £405 deposit for the 5 MH/s is not an amount I can really afford to spare in case this thing turns awry.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:21:13 PM

I apologize, you're right. It was the very first article in their scrolling news frame though and I must've missed it.

Anyway, it's not hatred, just plain scepticism. A £405 deposit for the 5 MH/s is not an amount I can really afford to spare in case this thing turns awry.

If you can't just throw away this money DONT MAKE A PREORDER FFS

Come on, there is a big chance for a total loss with one of these, never mess with things you can't afford. If you have money and want a real product, build gpu rigs.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:50:59 PM

No problem being skeptical. I still am. At least we don't have to put the full 1350 pounds down. So hopefully they have a working unit before final payment!

I actually wouldn't have put the whole amount down, just too much of a chance. I've been bit by BOTH Avalon and BFL, but got a refund from the former.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:53:07 PM

No problem being skeptical. I still am. At least we don't have to put the full 1350 pounds down. So hopefully they have a working unit before final payment!

I actually wouldn't have put the whole amount down, just too much of a chance. I've been bit by BOTH Avalon and BFL, but got a refund from the former.

But these guys will take more of your deposit the longer it takes them to ship! So if you get tired of waiting after nine months pass, you're screwed. If they even are around to give refunds at that time. The policy isn't even legal, anywhere that I can tell, but people keep giving them money.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:56:17 PM

But these guys will take more of your deposit the longer it takes them to ship! So if you get tired of waiting after nine months pass, you're screwed. If they even are around to give refunds at that time. The policy isn't even legal, anywhere that I can tell, but people keep giving them money.

There is no comparison to losing 30% of your money and 100%.
I will take the 30% chance. As I've said before, this is a special experiment to take part in. If the owners are genuine (and time will tell), we are behind them and we go in this together.
Also, substantial progress has been made with ASIC's, so even though they are applying it to LTC, we have some history helping us out now.

BTC = Black Swan.
anzy

Activity: 263

I like helping people

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:53:05 PM

If anyone wanted one of the big Viper's (25Mh/s), I'm selling my spot here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=410595.0

I like building things
jomay

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:52:36 PM

is this your asic seller?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/killer-sex-attacker-mohammed-akram-2900333

good luck:
64 DICKENSON ROAD
MANCHESTER
M14 5HF

these guys are far gone with your money

But, sir, Alpha Technology is located at 66 Dickenson Road! I'm confident you're reaching here Cheesy

ALPHA TECHNOLOGY (INT) LTD
64 DICKENSON ROAD
MANCHESTER
M14 5HF

you smile when you can

Yes, they moved from 64 to 66 Dickenson Road:
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/alpha-technology-%28int%29

Your sex attacker is a cab driver from Glasgow:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3459361.stm
(this is his 2004 attack also mentioned in your link)
Akram - a driver with Glasgow firm Pacific Cars - claimed he had been at home when the incident with the 16-year-old happened.

Check out Mohammed Jafar Akram on LinkedIn to find the right guy.

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
loader140

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:31:59 PM

I have read (can't remember where if I find the link I will put here) that GDDR6 is coming out in 2014 and one GPU with GDDR 6 on should be able to hash at about 2M/Hash +/- 10% for the cost of a 280x today, so I might skip on the first ASICs until they bring out a faster ones for the same value (like BFL with the 600G/hash cards for the same value as 100 a year ago) and that will allow me to see if it is a scam or not.

And I can spend my money on more GPUS for the time being XD to make money now to add up to more GPUs to add up to more and more, I could probs turn my 10GPU rig into about a 50 GPU rig and pay for itself a few times over before the ASICs even hit (25+M/hash total for the 50 card rig) which will be the same as the ASIC but pay for itself a lot quicker. The ASIC will probs pay for itself but for now I think GPU mining until they hit will be the best for miners as they can continue to make money and make more before it hits rather than having money tied up into a nearly non-esictent company which never replies to emails.

Just my 2 cents.
Jaime Rufia

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:19:36 PM

So, tel me if I'm wrong:
1- There is no especific agenda or schedule to deliver the equipment.
2- The difficulty Mh/s is potentially growing on Litecoin.
so
The equipment devalues each month acording to it's performance/income.
so
if the dificultty average increases 15% a month
and
the equipment arrives in about 9 months,
probably
people buy a peace of junk (the hardware don't pay itself in the further months, and, further more, the simple work will be a loss).

Conclusion: it's a 3D high-risck  Shocked

That's the way I think
but I wish I'm wrong to those already spend their money on this (supposed) hardware.

bitciondad

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:02:13 AM

Order #51xx made on January 4, 2014. Order status: processing.
1 x 25
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:26:52 PM

EDIT: Looks like Mux has created a much easier deal that will update itself and total the ordered hashing power. I'm going to abandon this and refer everyone to his website:

http://alphat.emux.fr

OLD POST:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'm starting a list of orders placed for Alpha Technologies' Scrypt Miners; basically what Tigggger did for KnC Neptune orders and others have done previously for other projects. Please list your:

Partial Order Number (omit last digits)
Pay Date
Method of Payment
Number of Machines Ordered - Please Specify Model & Quantity
Delivery Country

Thanks to all those who participate.

Code:
User                              Order No      Pay Date       Payment Method       Machine(s) Ordered       Country
-----------------------------     --------     -----------     ---------------     --------------------     ---------
bumface (bitcointalk)             48XX          20140104         Bitcoin             1 x 5 MH Viper         Netherlands
medialab101 (bitcointalk)         49XX          20140104         UNK                 UNK                       UNK
Alpe1981 (litecointalk)           49XX          20140104         PayPal              1 X 5 MH Viper          Germany
SirCoureur (bitcointalk)          50XX          20140104         Bitcoin             1 x 25 MH Viper        Nederlands
rosmo01 (bitcointalk)             52XX          20140104         Bitcoin             1  (unknown model)       Norway
ninjaboon (bitcointalk)           53XX          20140104         UNK                 UNK                       UNK
Its About Sharing (bitcointalk)   54XX          20140104         PayPal              1 x 5 MH Viper          Germany
Kenshin (bitcointalk)             55XX          20140104         Bitcoin             1  (unknown model)         UK
nightengale (bitcointalk)         56XX          20140104         Bitcoin             1 x 5 MH Viper            USA
AGOOSTER (bitcointalk)            56XX          20140104         PayPal              2 x 25 MH Viper           USA
tagged (bitcointalk)              57XX          20140104         Bitcoin             1 x 25 MH Viper           UNK
AGOOSTER (bitcointalk)            57XX          20140104         PayPal              1 x 25 MH Viper           USA

Sorry can you take my name off. I have got a refund, because I can't bother to wait till July.
funktrust

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:00:20 AM

Order number: 89XX

4x 25Mh/s Vipers - Paid for on Jan 9.
nightengale (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 12:18:21 AM

Things have really changed . much faster hashing rates http://dexceldesigns.co.uk/

Their website is alpha-t.net -- are you in on that scam site?
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:21:15 AM

Things have really changed . much faster hashing rates http://dexceldesigns.co.uk/

Their website is alpha-t.net -- are you in on that scam site?

https://alpha-t.net/news/big-announcement/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: