Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 08:27:46 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Credible mining rig vendors  (Read 727 times)
GAML (OP)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:09:50 PM

Hi all

I have recently taken an interest in cryptocurrenies and have been reading extensively over the last two weeks.  I am considering buying a 1.2TH/s rig which the company has told me can mine any SHA256 coins and have looked at a few other companies and their products.  I am a bit concerned over the discussions I have read on scams and companies appearing who have never shipped.  Could anyone who has actually purchased a rig share their insights into which companies are genuine, trustworthy and have actually shipped.  I am also keen to hear peoples views on the quality and results of the products they have received.  Thank you in advance.

torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:29:53 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 02:51:50 PM by torusJKL

I can recommend Friedcat (Block Erupter) and Bitmain (Antminer).
They both sell only devices they have on stock and ship within a few days.

There are sellers and resellers who take pre-orders.
Because the delivery date has almost never met by these people and the difficulty is sky rocketing those devices hardly do ROI.

tl;dr: I would recommend only buy devices from known members of this forum and that are in stock.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:38:57 PM

KNC have shipped several batches of 28nm products and are currently taking orders for 20nm products, see link in signature. Out of all the companies taking pre-orders they have maintained the tightest schedule.

Although there is a large amount of hate here for BFL due to their previous delays, they have 65nm products "on the shelf" now and orders are fulfilled almost immediately on weekdays (order today you might not see it say fulfilled or shipped until monday) Their sale price good until Jan 5th is reasonable, and you stand to at least make your investment back.

Block erupters I do not like for reasons of price/performance and electricity usage.

DO NOT buy from any ASIC resale websites, claiming to have other manufacturers or used ASICs in stock, we haven't seen one yet that isn't a scam. The exception is that retailers of ASICminer block erupter hardware may be legitimate such as winnipeg technology and computer renewal, but that does not mean there are not also scammers purporting to sell those.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: