Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGWatcher - Scheduled Actions Don't Run?  (Read 1206 times)
KiwiSi (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:33:29 PM

Hi,

I am running CGWatcher v1.3.4.4 and when creating any scheduled actions (eg: change profile, start miner, etc.) nothing ever happens.  The time just passes with no message, notification or similar.

I am running it under Windows 7 x64 and apart from this CGWatcher is working fine in all other aspects.  I've had a look into the CGWatcher logs and there isn't anything relating to scheduled actions or similar in there.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 06:44:54 PM

Can you please email the file called cgwatcher.log from your cgwatcher folder? Also include a debug report in the email (go to Tests tab, click Create Debug Report button). I'm working on a minor update right now that fixes some things so I'll try to find and fix any scheduler-related problems as well.

Justin

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
dima_a123

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:22:34 PM

I have exact same problem

milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 06:47:16 PM

Make sure you're using the latest version (1.3.4.5). Go to Log, check the "Show Debug Entries" checkbox. Look for entries explaining why a action was ignored. It may be ignored or postponed for several reasons:

- the profile it is switching to is already the active profile
- the miner has been running for less than 30 seconds
- the miner is currently being started, restarted, or stopped (does not apply to event-triggered actions)
- CGWatcher has been running less than the startup period (dependent on a couple factors, but typically 30 seconds
- hardware information has not fully loaded (this usually happens by the time the main window appears when starting)
- the action is unnecessary (e.g. a "start mining" action when the miner is already running)
- the action failed more consecutive times than the allowance (in Monitor tab) so will not try to re-run until the miner has been restarted

For any actions ignored because CGWatcher or the miner had just started, the actions are just postponed until after this startup period.

And of course there may be times where the action is triggered but fails for some reason, in which case this would also be recorded in the log.

I didn't create a find option for the log, but you can copy and paste it into Notepad and do a search for "scheduler" (no quotes) as this should start the log entries for anything related to scheduled actions.

CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
bitlynx

Activity: 83

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:08:05 PM

I am having this issue as well.  No scheduled actions ever run and even after turning on Show Debug Entries, zero entries ever appear in the log related to the scheduled actions.  They simply never run.  I even let it sit for 24 hours in case there was some strange time mismatch going on.  I tried this on two different computers, and I can send commands to the miner using the Tests tab and those commands work as expected.  I have tried changing intensity (both of a specific card and all intensities) and opening an external program, etc.  It's as if the scheduled actions don't exist.  If you have any "extra strength" debugging versions I can try, I'd certainly be willing to give it a shot.

milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:46:48 PM

Please try this test build: http://bit.ly/cgw134test

I'm not sure that it will fix the problem but it should provide more info in the log. A few users have reported this but I was unable to reproduce it... even creating the same actions that others were having problems with ran fine on my computer. So if you can email me the log after actions are skipped I'll hopefully be able to see what is going wrong and what conditions are causing it.

Thanks for the feedback.

bitlynx

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 10:03:21 PM

Thanks for the quick response. 

I ran the test (1.3.4.Cool version and scheduled actions worked right away, firing the action as expected.  I didn't even have to look at the log.

I tried again with the current 1.3.4.6 version, and no dice - schedule actions were ignored.

I tried using the 1.3.4.3 version and it worked.

I copied my original version of 1.3.4.6, wiped out all config files and tried it again, and it worked, so there must be something in the settings I was using that were preventing the events from firing.

Would you like me to send you my config files, and, if so, where?

I also humbly suggest one more logging level: "Notice" or "Info" or even just "Coin" and allow showing/not showing just like the Debug entries.  While it's nice to see the coin info in the log, such as "A Scrypt coin has appeared on CoinChoose..." it muddies up the log a bit when troubleshooting local issues, although I understand it helps with non-local issues such as when CGWatcher has problems getting coin profitability, etc.

bitlynx

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 10:27:29 PM

So here's what I discovered with further testing:

• Enable "Launch Miner automatically when CGWatcher starts, after XX seconds."
  • Scheduled actions never run.
  • Disable "Launch Miner automatically when CGWatcher starts, after XX seconds" and Save Settings and all scheduled actions that didn't run suddenly run all at once about 10 seconds later.
Huh
I have no idea how that setting would be linked to Scheduled Actions, but at least now you have a culprit.  I'm surprised more people don't have the issue since that's kind of a major setting that I suspect most would enable (but perhaps most don't use scheduled actions.)

After that much testing, I'm going to enable Donation mining, because if it took me that long to test that one thing, I can't imagine how many hours you've put into this fine and FREE product! Smiley

milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 11:40:38 PM

bitlynx: You found it. I had set it so that scheduled actions would not run between the launch of CGWatcher and the auto-launch of the miner. This idea wasn't the problem.. it's that it wasn't correctly setting the flag saying the miner had been launched.

The log thing is a good idea and is something I've done in CGRemote. (By the way, if you're not already participating in the beta and would like to, send me an email and I'll add you as a way of saying thanks for solving this.) Someone else had just requested an option to disable logging because it was preventing the hard drive from turning off... so as soon as I get some time I'll revamp the logging in CGWatcher.

Version 1.3.5 is now available and should solve the scheduling problem. Thanks again.

Moxymore

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:34:37 PM

Hi milone,

Instead of creating a new thread, i'll post here because I have seen another bug in your scheduler tool : it's about the "change intensity of GPU n°x when no longer IDLE".

My minning rig is my personnal computer, and I use it for other thing that minning. That's said, I wanted to configure my CGWatcher to tell him to decrease intensity when my computer isn't in IDLE mode (1), and to increase intensity when it switches to IDLE mode again (2).

- For the (1), it always works
- For the (2), it only work one time. I have to edit this schedule, save it, and after few seconds it's able to switch.

Can you please tell me if I have do something wrong, or correct this bug if I'm not responsible?

Thank you in advance. Regards.

♥ Digibyte ♥ "THE" Digital currency of the future ♥
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: