Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Start of a new rally?  (Read 3780 times)
Dragonkiller (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:39:47 PM

Looking at the charts, I think we're at the early stages of a new rally. I think there is a good chance of going to 2000-3000 by the end of February. We would have settled at that level now already if the previous rally wasn't interrupted by the China news.

Thoughts?
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:47:50 PM

Looking at the charts, I think we're at the early stages of a new rally. I think there is a good chance of going to 2000-3000 by the end of February. We would have settled at that level now already if the previous rally wasn't interrupted by the China news.

Thoughts?

That's what it looks like to me. Aside from the investment funds and business interest, it appears to me that the exchanges are still bottlenecking the increasing pressure and demand. This is not on purpose of course, but while I am sure they are optimising their systems and hiring to cope with new interest, this activity will always be lagging behind the actual interest itself. It is not easy to keep up in real time, and I think that all the problems you read about - missing transfers, delays withdrawing, etc. - are mainly caused by problems keeping up with demand. 2014 will be the year of exchanges becoming serious international businesses or dropping out of the game.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
flm

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:05:50 PM

Just hit $900  Grin

Edit: Now $905  Shocked
Bono

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:41:17 PM

Just hit $900  Grin

Edit: Now $905  Shocked

I thinks it's kind of unfair for people all jazzed up about the price to use Gox's standard. The only reason Gox has it so high is because it's nearly fucking impossible to withdraw fiat from your account, so they have to make it worth the extra time to people selling BTC.

Would you EVER sell your BTC on Gox, realistically knowing it would take months to get all your fiat into your pocket?

I personally use Coinbase as an indicator as its price is tied to several exchanges, most heavily weighted by BitStamp - and it's probably the best combination of fast/safe in regards to moving fiat...

Their price says $825 and I'm good with that.

Jeremias

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:21:34 PM

and some said it was china  Grin but seriously what is driving these charts, no major news, nothing, will there be a correction in week or two
aneki

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

and some said it was china  Grin but seriously what is driving these charts, no major news, nothing, will there be a correction in week or two

The correction is happening. We had a major crash in december, we're correcting up again now.
the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:38:16 PM

and some said it was china  Grin but seriously what is driving these charts, no major news, nothing, will there be a correction in week or two

there's been some major news recently, but bitcoin is a viral phenomenon.

We are just at the beginning of most people's awareness of QR codes, never mind bitcoin.

Keep in mind that the VAST majority still don't really understand any of this. I still have to explain to some of my older (50+) friends how to use Youtube.    Grin  
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:58:03 PM

I thinks it's kind of unfair for people all jazzed up about the price to use Gox's standard. The only reason Gox has it so high is because it's nearly fucking impossible to withdraw fiat from your account, so they have to make it worth the extra time to people selling BTC.

Would you EVER sell your BTC on Gox, realistically knowing it would take months to get all your fiat into your pocket?

I personally use Coinbase as an indicator as its price is tied to several exchanges, most heavily weighted by BitStamp - and it's probably the best combination of fast/safe in regards to moving fiat...

What I think is important here is to realize that bitcoin != USA.   Sure, folks in the US might have trouble in dealing with Fiat -> GOX -> Fiat transactions, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world does.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:10:26 PM

well, by now it is probably considered small news, but a billion dollar revenue company just confirmed that it started accepting bitcoin in it's online games (google Zynga).

i am satoshi
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:12:49 PM

Thoughts?

I'm pretty impressed with the performance so far, the hype and enthusiasm of the new year has been great for bitcoin (not so much LTC, but i'm not worried.. it will follow soon). As long as we do not run into any bad news like the stuff that happened in China, I wouldn't be surprised if it does get to 2000-3000 by the end of Feb. And I really hope it does because if it gets that far so early, $10K/btc in 2014 is definitely reachable.

Zynga and Netflix adding bitcoin as payment methods will help it gain more popularity. After seeing Overstock.com's success with bitcoin, if Amazon and Ebay soon follow suit we will be well on our way to widespread adoption. And hopefully there will be other countries like Cyprus that try to become a central hub for bitcoin.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:12:43 AM

I went to a big family gathering over Christmas and almost everyone had heard about Bitcoin. A few were even considering investing. Now this is happening all around the world.....

So I think we still have a long long way to go, lots people are still buying in, I think some of you have got forum/chart tunnel vision.

HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:36:04 AM

and some said it was china  Grin but seriously what is driving these charts, no major news, nothing, will there be a correction in week or two

there's been some major news recently, but bitcoin is a viral phenomenon.

We are just at the beginning of most people's awareness of QR codes, never mind bitcoin.

Keep in mind that the VAST majority still don't really understand any of this. I still have to explain to some of my older (50+) friends how to use Youtube.    Grin  

I deal with people who pretend they don't know how to use email. 
black_swan

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:40:30 AM

I was looking at the chart yesterday and it looks like it's continuing from early November before crash trend.
Have a look at the 1d chart, to me it's a growth not another bubble driven by a number of good news
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:49:05 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/price/ is good too - minor delay but works for my needs.
segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:54:07 AM

I was looking at the chart yesterday and it looks like it's continuing from early November before crash trend.
Have a look at the 1d chart, to me it's a growth not another bubble driven by a number of good news
I got this Impression of the continuing BTC-Price-Rise from early November as well.
BTW: it was never a bubble, because a bubble shrinks to Zero,when it` s bursted.
watch Soap-bubbles and anyone will see that a bubble is
Borbolon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:09:47 PM

I went to a big family gathering over Christmas and almost everyone had heard about Bitcoin. A few were even considering investing. Now this is happening all around the world.....

There is also a big hype with the end of the year news about "Best Investments of 2013" with Bitcoin at Nº1, I think there's a lot of 'new blood'  getting on the train right now.
black_swan

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:12:35 PM

I got this Impression of the continuing BTC-Price-Rise from early November as well.
BTW: it was never a bubble, because a bubble shrinks to Zero,when it` s bursted.
watch Soap-bubbles and anyone will see that a bubble is

Yes bitcoin never went down to absolute zero but it crashed a lot of time from crazy rally.

There is also a big hype with the end of the year news about "Best Investments of 2013" with Bitcoin at Nº1, I think there's a lot of 'new blood'  getting on the train right now.

Where do you see it nominated as Best Investments of 2013"? From whom?
Borbolon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:24:07 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 01:53:53 PM by Borbolon

Where do you see it nominated as Best Investments of 2013"? From whom?

In almost any online media with a 'finance' section, from Forbes to my neighbor's blog Smiley, just google these words and you'll see what I mean: "best investments 2013 bitcoin" (and that's just in English)
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:20:50 PM

Panic buy has started.

Train is leaving the station.

Bitcoin gains +100 USD in 3 days.

People are screaming "to the moon!" (aka "+10,000 in Q1")

But where is the non-speculative part of this economy?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:28:55 PM

Panic buy has started.

Train is leaving the station.

Bitcoin gains +100 USD in 3 days.

People are screaming "to the moon!" (aka "+10,000 in Q1")

But where is the non-speculative part of this economy?

Needs to keep up quick, but I really don't think it's impossible to do!

Whenever the opportunity arises, spend a bit of your bitcoin people, if possible with merchants who will keep it in Bitcoin! Prepare a live wallet on your 'phone with a small amount of your stash in it for just this purpose. You will be supporting a fledgling market in ways so significant you cannot even imagine!  Smiley

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: