Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:56:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: check multiple altcoin balances without wallet  (Read 959 times)
lithod02 (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:42:42 PM

Is there a place to check multiple addresses for different alt coins with out spending a week opening all the different wallets and letting them catch up?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 04:45:34 PM

Is there a place to check multiple addresses for different alt coins with out spending a week opening all the different wallets and letting them catch up?

Yes, just check out the addresses on the blockchain.
lithod02 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:04:13 PM

Think that only works for btc addresses. Unless Im not seeing it on blockchain.info
I am wanting to check for altcoin balances I have like DOGE, EAC, FRC, FFC, etc. without having to open each one of those wallets. Just input the altcoin receive address to see if I have a balance for that address.
Smileyftw

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:58:09 PM

yes, just use the official wallet it's a good place to check multiple address.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

Think that only works for btc addresses. Unless Im not seeing it on blockchain.info
I am wanting to check for altcoin balances I have like DOGE, EAC, FRC, FFC, etc. without having to open each one of those wallets. Just input the altcoin receive address to see if I have a balance for that address.

Blockchain.info wallets and blockchains are two different things. All cryptos have their own blockchains.
r4d15h

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:12:07 PM

I transfer balances to cryptsy where you can see them side by side and trade them. There are probably other online wallets that allow you to store more than one coin.
lithod02 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:17:22 PM

I transfer balances to cryptsy where you can see them side by side and trade them. There are probably other online wallets that allow you to store more than one coin.

That's what I am starting to do now with cryptsy. I have about 10  different alt coin wallets then I create different receive addresses in each for different pools. So it leaves me with a shit load of addresses overall. Guess it was a bad idea. But makes it easy to see if you didn't get paid. Just figured there may be a quicker way to see all balances in one place other than opening each wallet to see if I have a balance.
r4d15h

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:29:11 PM

That's what I am starting to do now with cryptsy. I have about 10  different alt coin wallets then I create different receive addresses in each for different pools. So it leaves me with a shit load of addresses overall. Guess it was a bad idea. But makes it easy to see if you didn't get paid. Just figured there may be a quicker way to see all balances in one place other than opening each wallet to see if I have a balance.

I know there are some apps that use API keys to show multiple accounts in one place but I don't know if a wallet has an API key or that's just something for viewing pool details
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

What if you or they get hacked? You'll lose all your coins then.
lithod02 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:27:48 PM

What if you or they get hacked? You'll lose all your coins then.

True, still learning like everyone else :-)
nocoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:33:39 PM

All major coins must have their own block explorer. Just try.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dogecoin+block+explorer
https://www.google.com/search?q=earthcoin+block+explorer
https://www.google.com/search?q=freicoin+block+explorer
lithod02 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:41:01 PM

All major coins must have their own block explorer. Just try.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dogecoin+block+explorer
https://www.google.com/search?q=earthcoin+block+explorer
https://www.google.com/search?q=freicoin+block+explorer

ahh nice, now i will have to create a script with the urls and addresses so i can check it on the fly! Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: