Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:56:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Toyota Prius - $12k  (Read 2119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 05:48:02 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 01:43:17 AM by CrazyGuy

95k Miles.
Great condition, no issues during past 3 years. Blue Ribbon Metallic. Avg 47 miles per gallon. Pickup in Dallas Texas.

I'll post some recent pictures soon

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HemiTruck

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:37:33 PM

Hey CrazyGuy. Let me know how it goes. I am in Dallas as well and I am thinking in selling my truck in BTC. Good luck.
sandrig

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:04:17 PM

Great car! I have a 2008 with 120,000 miles on it and it's never broken down or needed anything other than routine maintenance. For anyone looking for a reliable, low maintenance, and fuel efficient vehicle, the Prius is definitely the way to go!
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:58:52 AM

Ok, this isn't really fair but I've posted the only picture I could find, which is when I first got the car in early 2010. I'll take some new pictures within the week if anyone is interested.

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:41:01 AM

Updated with rate

Rawted

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:20:23 PM

For a moniker like 'CrazyGuy', that sure is a sensible car! Good luck to you.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:36:10 AM

Hey based on the post below, you're still selling it. Since this thread is about 6 months old, is it still 14 btc?

Also, I'm in California, so is there any way to make the sales work from Texas to Cali?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646170.msg7224387#msg7224387

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:42:31 AM

Hey based on the post below, you're still selling it. Since this thread is about 6 months old, is it still 14 btc?

Also, I'm in California, so is there any way to make the sales work from Texas to Cali?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=646170.msg7224387#msg7224387

Yes, still for sale but 14 BTC is a little low now given the rate. I'd let it go for $12k in bitcoins. If you're interested, you can come pick it up, or we can arrange some kind of shipping service.

bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 03:46:59 AM

why would you buy a prius?
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:50:38 AM

I suppose individual preference is involved. My question might be why wouldn't you?

bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:32:03 AM

I suppose individual preference is involved. My question might be why wouldn't you?

I spend a lot of time driving. I want it to be a pleasure. I like luxury and superb build quality. With sex appeal.  I'm young and have no family to burden me. Smiley

From a pure investor perspective, you made the right moves.  Cheap. Excellent MPG.  Low insurance rates. And spend your money on things that would rather appreciate than the other way round. 

Buuuuttt... what's the point of having nice toys when you're an old fart.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:49:45 AM

I spend a lot of time driving. I want it to be a pleasure. I like luxury and superb build quality. With sex appeal.  I'm young and have no family to burden me. Smiley

From a pure investor perspective, you made the right moves.  Cheap. Excellent MPG.  Low insurance rates. And spend your money on things that would rather appreciate than the other way round. 

It appears you've answered your first question with your second paragraph. I enjoy driving my Prius and will likely get another fuel efficient car. They aren't for everyone, but the same thing holds true for any material object.

bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:54:30 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 06:06:05 AM by bitmarket.io

I spend a lot of time driving. I want it to be a pleasure. I like luxury and superb build quality. With sex appeal.  I'm young and have no family to burden me. Smiley

From a pure investor perspective, you made the right moves.  Cheap. Excellent MPG.  Low insurance rates. And spend your money on things that would rather appreciate than the other way round.  

It appears you've answered your first question with your second paragraph. I enjoy driving my Prius and will likely get another fuel efficient car. They aren't for everyone, but the same thing holds true for any material object.

What about a Tesla? I took the P85 for a testdrive the other day.  Very fun.  What are your thoughts on it?

Wizkid got one recently and he seems to love it.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 06:22:05 AM

I spend a lot of time driving. I want it to be a pleasure. I like luxury and superb build quality. With sex appeal.  I'm young and have no family to burden me. Smiley

From a pure investor perspective, you made the right moves.  Cheap. Excellent MPG.  Low insurance rates. And spend your money on things that would rather appreciate than the other way round.  

What about a Tesla? I took the P85 for a testdrive the other day.  Very fun.  What are your thoughts on it?

Wizkid got one recently and he seems to love it.

Awesome car, but a tad more expensive than my Prius. I do think it's pretty cool that tesla is open sourcing all their patents.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 11:16:57 AM

Teslas are the shitz. My housemate has one, and now it makes me wanting one so bad. One thing holding me back is that there is this fear if I run out of battery while on a road trip, then I'm fuked. There are not many charge stations as there are gas stations. At least with a Prius, it also runs on gas in case you're in a pinch.

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:16:54 PM

Where are you getting the 12k figure? I'm seeing $8.5k to $10.5k on KBB for private party. How well does a child's car seat fit into one of these things?
bitmarket.io
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 07:06:47 PM

Teslas are the shitz. My housemate has one, and now it makes me wanting one so bad. One thing holding me back is that there is this fear if I run out of battery while on a road trip, then I'm fuked. There are not many charge stations as there are gas stations. At least with a Prius, it also runs on gas in case you're in a pinch.

Statistically how often does that happen though?  You can always pull into a gas station or a nearby hotel an and use the wall plug charger to give yourself some juice to finish the trip.

The acceleration on the P85 was amazing.  Loved it.  Makes me wanna challenge all the M3/4 and Audi RS5s on the road. Smiley

Right now I'm juggling between the new BMW M4 and Tesla S.  The tesla has so much cool tech but man the exterior design just pisses me off. It doesn't say 'hey, i'm a $90k car'. and looks too much like an ordinary family sedan.   I may just get the M4 and switch to a Tesla in 5 years. It ought to have superb polish by then.
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:24:54 PM

Statistically how often does that happen though?  You can always pull into a gas station or a nearby hotel an and use the wall plug charger to give yourself some juice to finish the trip.

The acceleration on the P85 was amazing.  Loved it.  Makes me wanna challenge all the M3/4 and Audi RS5s on the road. Smiley

Right now I'm juggling between the new BMW M4 and Tesla S.  The tesla has so much cool tech but man the exterior design just pisses me off. It doesn't say 'hey, i'm a $90k car'. and looks too much like an ordinary family sedan.   I may just get the M4 and switch to a Tesla in 5 years. It ought to have superb polish by then.

The tesla is very sexy but it could use some exterior work. I love the retractable door handles!

One day!!!!

As for the Prius for sale would you be able to get the sticker for california to drive in the car pool lane?

aBITfedUP

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:44:59 PM

Where are you getting the 12k figure? I'm seeing $8.5k to $10.5k on KBB for private party. How well does a child's car seat fit into one of these things?

Yeah, that was my thought.  On top of that you have to pay to get it back to you (plane ticket & gas?) which would further increase the price.  I'm interested, but 12k seems a bit high.
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:50:03 AM

Move along spammer!

How is this car still be sold if this was posted back in January? I would imagine someone would have took the offer if not in btc then with cash. IS there a lack of vehicle maintenance history or something we're missing?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: