Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NDL Charity Auction - sealed bid Noodlyappendagecoin sale  (Read 3292 times)
His Holy Noodliness (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:42:55 PM

His Holy Noodliness hopes that the launch of NoodlyAppendageCoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=396227) will enable a sizeable donation to be made to a charitable cause that supports the teaching of the scientific thought process, and promotes the upholding of and respect for the power of reason.

As stated in the OP, the first candidate for donation is the Richard Dawkins Foundations for Science and Reason (RDFSR). Their stated mission is:

"...To support scientific education, critical thinking and evidence-based understanding of the natural world in the quest to overcome religious fundamentalism, superstition, intolerance and suffering."

Some of the details are yet to be settled - in particular, it is not clear yet whether RDFSR will be able to accept bitcoin for donation, His Holy Noodliness has made contact to enquire whether they can do so and to ask that they publicly display their BTC address on their site so that the donation can be made in a transparent and verifiable manner. Another option (and I don't wish to be involved in handling large quantities of fiat for this purpose) would be for a trusted forum member, or preferably a group of them, to convert NDL or BTC to fiat and donate it in some verifiable way, if acceptance of BTC by RDFSR proves problematic we'll explore these options further at a later point. If it is not possible to arrange this donation in BTC, we will instead donate the money to the BitGive foundation, but given the scientific/reason links of Noodlyappendagecoin the RDFSR is preferred.

The total NDL for donation is 1% of the money supply, or 137.98m NDL.

I'd like to get things started now, and give some early adopters a chance to obtain a large block of NDL and help a worthy cause, so I am opening up the first sealed-bid auction for 5 lots of 1 million NDL each. Bids in BTC only.

The auction will close on Tuesday, 7th January 2014 at Midnight UTC.

I have a reserve in mind, which I do not wish to make public at this point, but some indications of prices can be had in the WTS/WTB thread for NDL at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397076.20, If the reserve is not met the transactions will not proceed at this point.

I wish to make clear that this thread is entirely to sell NDL for the charitable aims of the project, and I am not selling any of my own NDL at this point - if I decide to sell any, they will be sold in the normal open-market fashion, any BTC you send here will 100% go to charity.

Please submit your bids by PM, remembering that this is a BTC only bids auction, and that no smaller quantities than blocks of 1m NDL are offered at this time.

Given my newness to the forum, and the potential size of some of these transactions, escrow will be used as a matter of course to ensure everyone has confidence in the process. Escrow fees will be payable by the bidders, to ensure that all the purchase price goes to charity. It would be appreciated if some highly regarded, trusted forum members could step forward and offer to do low-fee or no-fee escrow for these transactions to maximise the amounts that make it to the charitable cause.

Get Free ONIONs https://deeponion.org/apply TOR Integrated Crypxo
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator