Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:16:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good bye and farewell lite.coin-pool.com  (Read 826 times)
Colin Miner (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:24:23 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2014, 08:51:54 PM by Colin Miner

Wednesday, January 4th, 2014

This pool will be CLOSING on January 11th, 2014. A hacker stole the LTC out of the wallet via a mysql injection exploit. I am pretty sure I fixed the hole but the damage was done. Anyone who had a balance before Jan 28th has been reset to 0 due to the LTC being stolen. Anyone who continued mining with the pool has been paid for all blocks found after block 487,780. Payouts are enabled again.

This pool never charged a fee to mine. That is why there is no funds to repay users. Most users had a small balance because they did withdraws on a regular basis. Several users lost 10+ LTC because they kept their LTC on the pool instead of withdrawing. I apologize for your loss. I never wanted this to happen but it has. I tried to dream up ways to keep the pool open and pay back users but none were feasible due to constant DOS attacks, increased costs to try to mitigate the attacks, and the server costs.

http://lite.coin-pool.com/index

More news  Cry  http://lite.coin-pool.com/news

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Colin Miner (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 06:09:38 PM

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

The pool is closed. Point your miners to a new pool please.

Thank you for all the LTC, sorry to see you go  Cry

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
HashHound

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:19:32 PM

Sorry to hear about this bad news. Sad to see this one go..

I made the bulk of my LTC from this humble pool. 

This was the first pool I ever mined at and  I had no problems, whatsoever. 

Pleb
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: