Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:43:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Mining Rig?  (Read 2773 times)
SomeoneInNeed (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:27:35 PM

What is the best Mining Rig I can get for about $6000, that ships by the second week of February? (Give or take a couple of weeks)

I did a bit of a research and found out that many websites out there are a scam, so wanted the help of some experienced folks.

NOT THAT I'M GOING TO BUY A RIG. I'M JUST CURIOUS.

Thanks for your help in advance. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmericanBit

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

None
SomeoneInNeed (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:34:49 PM

None

Any upcoming Mining Hardware?

CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:41:17 PM

For $6000, Why dont you get a couple of Scrypt Miners going, you'll make more BTC converting Alt coins than you will straight mining with a small btc miner. Plus then you have hardware you can sell afterwards if you dont like it.
SomeoneInNeed (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:14:26 PM

For $6000, Why dont you get a couple of Scrypt Miners going, you'll make more BTC converting Alt coins than you will straight mining with a small btc miner. Plus then you have hardware you can sell afterwards if you dont like it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:26:34 PM

I've done both. We just bought ~6k work of Scrypt miners, and we also spent ~20k to purchase a bunch of pre-orders. If you don't want pre-orders, those AntMiners look pretty solid.

For Preorders, Check out CoinTerra, BFL, KNC, or BlackArrow.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:00:05 PM

First off dont buy shit from BFL, that dude had 1 good experience, but now hes getting a taste of what the rest of us went thru. I cant say KNC anymore and the rest probably suck. So yeah, i would go with the scrypt miners...mine alt coins and exchange them for btc. You can make a killing if you guess the right coin to mine. That coinye west is gay as shit, but it will probably be worth something in the short term if dogecrapcoin can be
lordcameltoe

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:25:42 PM

You could also try purchasing cloud mining hardware instead if you don't want to have to deal with finding a proper supplier.  Its expensive (bout the same price as Butterfly labs), BUT its really easy to resell after too.  You may even make a profit when reselling depending on the current market demands.

Its also instant - no backorders (or risk of not getting your hardware delivered)

I think CEX is your best option for cloud mining.
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:52:55 PM

thats probably, nay, that is his referral link. So he benefits from you buying from them. But with a name like lordecameltoe, i think hes to be trusted...jk. Its an option, but i dont like it.
complang

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:04:02 AM

Yah, either buy cloud hashing power or buy IN HAND (used KnC saturn?) mining hardware.
lordcameltoe

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:06:29 AM

thats probably, nay, that is his referral link. So he benefits from you buying from them. But with a name like lordecameltoe, i think hes to be trusted...jk. Its an option, but i dont like it.

Yeah there's no secret, that is my referral link.  I'm not trying to sell him anything, simply offering him alternative solutions to his question. If it helps him, then I'll get a small reward in return for my time.

Here's the direct link if you don't want to sign up under me : Cex.io

And my name is meant to be weird.  Its so you remember me Smiley  Lordcameltoe.com.  It's branding 101.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:36:53 AM

What is the best Mining Rig I can get for about $6000, that ships by the second week of February? (Give or take a couple of weeks)

I did a bit of a research and found out that many websites out there are a scam, so wanted the help of some experienced folks.

NOT THAT I'M GOING TO BUY A RIG. I'M JUST CURIOUS.

Thanks for your help in advance. Smiley

What a weird question. You specify an amount, a date, and then say "NOT THAT I'M GOING TO BUY A RIG. I'M JUST CURIOUS."

What's going on here?
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:18:33 AM

Yeah there's no secret, that is my referral link.  I'm not trying to sell him anything, simply offering him alternative solutions to his question. If it helps him, then I'll get a small reward in return for my time.

And my name is meant to be weird.  Its so you remember me Smiley  Lordcameltoe.com.  It's branding 101.

Its branding 101 for retards, no offense. You really think anyone will take you seriously with a name like that? Hey, I heard bitcoin is going to take a dip. Where did you hear that? Lord Cameltoe! Embarrassing, i would never go to a site called cameltoe anything...sounds like some HS kids domain. Reminds me of that beer startup on bitcoin starter, "The Department of Awesome. My god... This is money we are talking about here. But good luck
lordcameltoe

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:23:14 AM

Its branding 101 for retards, no offense. You really think anyone will take you seriously with a name like that? Hey, I heard bitcoin is going to take a dip. Where did you hear that? Lord Cameltoe! Embarrassing, i would never go to a site called cameltoe anything...sounds like some HS kids domain. Reminds me of that beer startup on bitcoin starter, "The Department of Awesome. My god... This is money we are talking about here. But good luck

Don't worry about me, if you knew what I did full time for a living you would understand Wink 

There is always going to be nay-sayers and haters. It's part of the game.
SomeoneInNeed (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:58:12 AM

First off dont buy shit from BFL, that dude had 1 good experience, but now hes getting a taste of what the rest of us went thru. I cant say KNC anymore and the rest probably suck. So yeah, i would go with the scrypt miners...mine alt coins and exchange them for btc. You can make a killing if you guess the right coin to mine. That coinye west is gay as shit, but it will probably be worth something in the short term if dogecrapcoin can be

This was helpful, and I did a lot of thinking about it. I think I'll go with mining LTC? What do you suggest?

MegaHashing

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 08:19:55 AM

I've been mining LTC for a while using a PC with a couple of AMD 7970 graphics cards in it. Start here for a good comparison of what you can get for your money.

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

Keep in mind that you'll be working the cards hard, so they will put out a lot of heat and noise so you will need somewhere cool and out of the way to run your mining rig. Also consider the cost of your power, you don't want to spend $6K on a mining rig only to find you can't afford to run it and the air conditioner you need to keep it cool Smiley

The other option if you are willing to wait a bit and take a chance would be to pre-order a next generation ASIC Scrypt miner. These promise to run faster and cheaper than anything currently available, but nothing has come to market yet so your taking a chance by paying now and hoping they can deliver. Alpha Technology announced pre-orders for the first such ASIC script miner a few days ago...

http://www.coindesk.com/alpha-technology-pre-orders-litecoin-asic-miners/
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:11:06 AM

I've been mining LTC for a while using a PC with a couple of AMD 7970 graphics cards in it. Start here for a good comparison of what you can get for your money.

Keep in mind that you'll be working the cards hard, so they will put out a lot of heat and noise so you will need somewhere cool and out of the way to run your mining rig. Also consider the cost of your power, you don't want to spend $6K on a mining rig only to find you can't afford to run it and the air conditioner you need to keep it cool Smiley

The other option if you are willing to wait a bit and take a chance would be to pre-order a next generation ASIC Scrypt miner. These promise to run faster and cheaper than anything currently available, but nothing has come to market yet so your taking a chance by paying now and hoping they can deliver. Alpha Technology announced pre-orders for the first such ASIC script miner a few days ago...

Those ASICs aren't even being delivered until 2nd half of 2014 are they? Way too far in the distance to even think of pre-ordering, you have to put down 30% deposit I think.
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:47:43 AM

Those ASICs aren't even being delivered until 2nd half of 2014 are they? Way too far in the distance to even think of pre-ordering, you have to put down 30% deposit I think.

I ordered the 25 MH...that beast will probably be pulling in 2 or 3 litecoins a day even after another 6 months. And not to mention all of the other coins that will be coming out in the future. Im sure there were a few people that thought that way when Avalon announced they were taking pre orders, and avalon made a lot of the people who took the gamble millionaires. No risk, no reward... They offer refunds too
AmericanBit

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:55:22 AM

This was helpful, and I did a lot of thinking about it. I think I'll go with mining LTC? What do you suggest?

Well thats the catch too...people are realizing the cheap money is in scrypt mining so all of the good grafix cards you need are on backorder because they are all manufactured in CHina, so they get first dibs. Is a little late to come into the game and find something now. If you can build your own rig great. Put in some orders for those raedon 7970s or something compatible. Or hit up ebay and i think people sell prebuilt scrypt rigs for a decent price, but try and talk them down.
repairguy

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:31:09 PM

You can buy prebuild rigs on ebay, I sell them (among others).  I also provide (reasonably priced) hosting, if you don't want that loud heater in your house.

If you have some skill you can build it yourself.  Gpus are increasing in price and decreasing in availability.

79xx cards are powerhouses, but can also be finicky as hell.

69xx cards are not as fast as the 79xx series but they are solid.

r9 series cards are the cats meow, but are very difficult to come by and price per khs is outrageous compared to the 79xx or 69xx series.

If you do decide you want to btc mine the antminer is really solid.  The price isn't terrible and you can have it in your hands in less than a week.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: