Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:48:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Customized Bitcoin Keychain (Giveaway)  (Read 3739 times)
BitPappa (OP)

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 09:29:30 PM

Nice work to the winners.

@OP
Just a suggestion but perhaps the reason there were so few entries is because you limited it to USA only? There is a vast community of miners especially in europe and shipping isn't that much more complicated or expensive just for 2 packages.

I'm not disappointed at the response, I'm just surprised. I actually like that a higher percentage of entries has success. Though I should note that I didn't have a huge response back in July when I held a giveaway of the standard Bitcoin keychains, which was not limited to the U.S.

Based on sending lots of stuff overseas, I have found the level of complication can vary quite a bit, depending on the destination country. I've tried to create customs forms for some international shipments online, only to be told at the end of the process that I couldn't generate the form, and needed to bring the package to post office to send (lines at the local post offices mean the entire process can take over an hour). Loss in transit, or very long waits for delivery, are other issues I've encountered much more frequently when sending packages to certain countries outside the U.S. So I made the informed choice, based evaluating my time and other factors, to keep the giveaway simple and not ship internationally.

While I'm very sorry that this wasn't open to everyone in the world, I hope my explanation makes sense to you.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
phoenixsilverbird

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

That's no problem, no need to apologise. It was free after-all!

If I was a customer I would want delivery to UK but free stuff? Can't complain!

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 12:11:52 AM

Congratulations to the winners!

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
BitPappa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:23:24 PM

I wanted to let everyone know that there were some quality issues with the first test production run, so there is a delay in getting these out to winners. Hoping to get it all figured out soon. Thanks for your patience.

bmoconno

Activity: 280

New In Town...

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:19:30 PM

I'd say it's definitely worth waiting to get it right the first time.  Wouldn't want someone else getting my BTC when people scan my QR code. Wink

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:50:22 PM

I'd say it's definitely worth waiting to get it right the first time.  Wouldn't want someone else getting my BTC when people scan my QR code. Wink

+1
BitPappa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 12:23:31 AM

Ha, misdirected Bitcoin is one thing I'm not worried about! QR technology seems pretty good at being binary; it either (1) reads correctly, or (2) doesn't read at all.

BitPappa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 10:59:23 PM

Sorry it's taking so long to get the customized Bitcoin keychain biz launched. Today I finally sent the last of the winners their customized keychain, after there were some issues we had to figure out. While I thought the imaging process was perfected, I learned during our test production runs that there were still some rough edges to work out…

I'm talking to some potential partners about doing a lot more than just customizing these keychains, so as we work out more details, it still may take a little while before I/we launch the customized keychain biz.

If anyone is eager to get a customized keychains, and just can't wait, send an email to: custom-btc@papercliprobot.com (or PM me), and I may be able to include you in some pre-launch runs. We can print your public key QR code, your B&W business logo, your Gliph, whatever suits your fancy. Or else just follow this thread, and you'll be the first to know when I/we officially start selling customized Bitcoin keychains.

geoffreyqp

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 06:21:33 AM

thanks!

Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:07:12 AM

How on earth can it be complicated to post an envelope outside of the us.
BitPappa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 02:15:00 PM

thanks!
Thanks for showing your keychain!

How on earth can it be complicated to post an envelope outside of the us.
I gave the very clear reasons earlier in the thread (customs forms, trips to the post office, etc.). But this was a giveaway of 2 keychains, I don't think it impacted the world much that I limited the two keychains to people in the U.S.

BitPappa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 12:19:51 AM

I wanted to post an update, for anyone interested in the customized keychains. After having a customized QR code banging around on my keychain for a couple of weeks, I have some concerns about the longevity of the custom image. I certainly don't want to sell customized keychains if the QR code could get too scratched up to function after nine months of real-world use. So we're doing more testing, and also trying some alternative production methods, to make sure the image will endure.

Sorry for the delay, but I just want to be sure the quality of the product is rock-solid before accepting anyone's hard-earned Bitcoin.

bmoconno

Activity: 280

New In Town...

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:41:42 AM

I just got back into town and had this waiting for me in my mailbox, thanks Bitpappa!

I put my keys on it, and I'll let you know how it holds up.  So far is seems pretty solid and very well made.

Side:

Other Side:

Thanks again!

P.S.  Sorry about the low quality and huge size of these pictures.  I don't have superb lighting in my office... mostly just Amazon boxes.  Wink

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
BitPappa (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 05:44:07 AM

I just got back into town and had this waiting for me in my mailbox, thanks Bitpappa!

I put my keys on it, and I'll let you know how it holds up.  So far is seems pretty solid and very well made.
Thanks, it would be great if you could let me know in a few weeks if you see any degradation of image.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:09:05 PM

Thanks, it would be great if you could let me know in a few weeks if you see any degradation of image.
Just wanted to add my thanks too. The keychain looks great and the QR code works well -- it'll be rattling around with my keys for a while so I'll be sure to let you know if anything changes.

Is it possible to engrave QR codes?
BitPappa (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 05:54:35 PM

Just wanted to add my thanks too. The keychain looks great and the QR code works well -- it'll be rattling around with my keys for a while so I'll be sure to let you know if anything changes.

Glad you're happy, and the QR code is working well. But I have concluded that the image doesn't endure rough treatment well enough for me to feel comfortable selling the product. It seems to be an issue with the image coating not bonding well enough to the plating of the keychains (the imaging process is much more permanent on other metals).

We are working on mechanical engraving solutions and other similar products, I hope to announce some better solutions on this thread in a couple of weeks.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 04:30:56 PM

Have you tried a powder coating or is the base metal not the type that can handle that?

Glad you're happy, and the QR code is working well. But I have concluded that the image doesn't endure rough treatment well enough for me to feel comfortable selling the product. It seems to be an issue with the image coating not bonding well enough to the plating of the keychains (the imaging process is much more permanent on other metals).

We are working on mechanical engraving solutions and other similar products, I hope to announce some better solutions on this thread in a couple of weeks.

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:14:22 AM

Great key chains! Good luck with your business!
BitPappa (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 10:11:14 PM

Have you tried a powder coating or is the base metal not the type that can handle that?
Issues are with the base material and/ or the plating. But don't worry, we wil have some new product announcements in a couple of weeks.

ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:37:37 PM

Nice...

That could come in handy. Still accepting random tries to win?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: