Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:12:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mooncoin - what can be done to boost it?  (Read 1867 times)
Mole. (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:25:32 PM

Hi All,

I've been lurking around for a while now, and Moon coin was the first launch I had got involved with, I got in early and mined myself a nice pot of coins and was hoping that Moon coin would actually start moving in the right direction. Considering the Hype and the Ghash that were on the network for the first few days I decided to keep hold of most of my coins because I thought it wouldn't be long and Moon would start popping up on more exchanges, games and the likes.

But time has now passed and the value of Moon has plummeted, obviously people are still buying up Moon at the .00000002/3/4 area but what do these people expect out of the coin with the Dev doing nothing but defending himself in the first few days and not pushing the coin forward at all.

Today I saw this - http://www.reddit.com/r/MoonCoin/comments/1uf3g7/help_spread_the_moon_petition_links_and_status/ And this is the first I have really seen of people trying to push and promote this coin.
But other than vote to try and get Moon onto other exchanges and sites can the little guy really do to boost a coin?

Even at the low price that Moon is currently at it is still fairly profitable to mine because of the drop in difficulty recently down to 33, you can make as much or more than mining litecoin.

Any thoughts?
meade16

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:29:18 PM

I have 400,000 that I'm stuck with  Smiley

I stopped mining it a while back.
MasterTLT

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:16:10 AM

I think the issue is, that until the bigger exchanges start trading Mooncoin it will remain low in value.
sameev29

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 11:59:59 PM

I think the issue is, that until the bigger exchanges start trading Mooncoin it will remain low in value.

Yes like that.Coinedup is still a relatively small exchange.Mooncoin needs to get n cryptsy to go ahead.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:05:14 AM

crap coin dump it for litecoin as fast as you can.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:07:46 AM

Yes like that.Coinedup is still a relatively small exchange.Mooncoin needs to get n cryptsy to go ahead.

With 400 Billion coins, it'll never really gain any value.
It was hyped before release. Then released. People mined a ton of them. Exchange opened. Everyone dumped. Coin died.

Moon was never meant to be anything other than quick pump and dump. That was all the dev ever promised. We (everybody that got in the first 2 days) all made a little profit and now coin is dead.
Trying to revive it will only frustrate a person.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

pretty much.

i never even bothered to get a wallet for mooncoin. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:19:50 AM

sorry i need to disagree. Look at COL!!! Plenty of coins there too, and it was moving a lot of cryptsy, and what about ADT is also a coin with a lot of coins. I didn't mine MOON, but i'm thinking of buying it. I believe 0.00000008LTC would be a nice price. A coin can be worth $1,000,000 and moon can be worth $1,000,000 too. No other then Klondikecoin that is now started to become a huge hype. No exchange and 300Mh/s mining, that means something!!!!
wontonforevuh

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:25:43 AM

sorry i need to disagree. Look at COL!!! Plenty of coins there too, and it was moving a lot of cryptsy, and what about ADT is also a coin with a lot of coins. I didn't mine MOON, but i'm thinking of buying it. I believe 0.00000008LTC would be a nice price. A coin can be worth $1,000,000 and moon can be worth $1,000,000 too. No other then Klondikecoin that is now started to become a huge hype. No exchange and 300Mh/s mining, that means something!!!!

any coin could be worth $1000000, theres no good reason for mooncoin to be. and COL is pure shit too.

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:29:10 AM

any coin could be worth $1000000, theres no good reason for mooncoin to be. and COL is pure shit too.

That is the point, my friend. NXT is shit too, and look how big they are... $60M for shit.... All marketing/promoting/pumps and dumps...
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:33:41 AM

That is the point, my friend. NXT is shit too, and look how big they are... $60M for shit.... All marketing/promoting/pumps and dumps...
so you're saying you want to market/promote, pump and dump mooncoin?  or that mooncoin's $40,000usd market cap is not shit somehow?

i haven't seen much going for this coin since i initial mined. let me know when you're pumping, i'll know when to get my mooncoins in a wallet.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:45:29 AM

I didn't say that i'll pump it, in fact on coinedup you cannot pump anything so... if you buy for 1BTC then you're already 500% higher. Moon first need to hit cryptsy before you can work with it.
Eex77

Activity: 160

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:45:48 AM

Essentially nothing. The coin was dead soon after launch, and it got dumped as soon as it ended up on coinedup.

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:50:20 AM

pretty much.

i never even bothered to get a wallet for mooncoin. 

Good, cos initially it had a dogeface on it  Roll Eyes
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 12:51:07 AM

At current levels it is a good investment to buy. Check it this morning, when mining this with 3000Kh/s you will earn less then 1LTC!!! so it is stupid to mine it, you can better buy it. So i'm mining KDC that will hit the exchange soon, but it seems that nobody cares Smiley
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 01:00:56 AM

If it is an scrypt coin it is just a honeypot for suckers, waiting to be PWNed if some idiots ever do pile enough value into it to make it worth PWNing.

The number two hashrate scrypt coin is still DOGE I think and even it is pathetic compared to litecoin and the nearest contenders even more pathetic than DOGE are way the heck lower still so even just the tiny few miners mining DOGE could PWN any other scrypt coin except litecoin.

Basically all the scrypt coins except litecoin are total garbage, most having less than half the pathetic hashrate that DOGE has, which in turn is way less than half what litecoin has. While even litecoin is still pathetically vulnerable itself until scrypt ASICs become widely available and widely deployed.

If it is a SHA256 coin then even if it is merged mined it likely has only an insanely pathetically low hashrate but at least with merged mining you can mine it almost for free while still mining all the serious coins that actually have not so insanely pathetic hashrates.

If for some idiotic "reason" you actually imagine it is worth your while to set up merged mining for this "moon" piece of crap, by all means go ahead and implement merged mining in it, then maybe at least a few lone miners might add it to their merge. Stranger things have happened.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:15:20 AM

If it is an scrypt coin it is just a honeypot for suckers, waiting to be PWNed if some idiots ever do pile enough value into it to make it worth PWNing.

The number two hashrate scrypt coin is still DOGE I think and even it is pathetic compared to litecoin and the nearest contenders even more pathetic than DOGE are way the heck lower still so even just the tiny few miners mining DOGE could PWN any other scrypt coin except litecoin.

Basically all the scrypt coins except litecoin are total garbage, most having less than half the pathetic hashrate that DOGE has, which in turn is way less than half what litecoin has. While even litecoin is still pathetically vulnerable itself until scrypt ASICs become widely available and widely deployed.

If it is a SHA256 coin then even if it is merged mined it likely has only an insanely pathetically low hashrate but at least with merged mining you can mine it almost for free while still mining all the serious coins that actually have not so insanely pathetic hashrates.

If for some idiotic "reason" you actually imagine it is worth your while to set up merged mining for this "moon" piece of crap, by all means go ahead and implement merged mining in it, then maybe at least a few lone miners might add it to their merge. Stranger things have happened.

-MarkM-

I totally disagree, i believe that you didn't notice KDC!!!! Scrypt, increasing hashrate and NO EXCHANGE YET!!! So those are all miners that believe in that development team. KDC is run like a little company!!! I'm pretty sure that KDC can be next to LTC. Not all scrypts coins are garbage, infact it is a based on blocks. BTC is also simple block, the same blocks as those garbage coins...
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 01:19:02 AM

The so called development team are a bunch of pie in the sky idiots who have not enough hashing power between them to even match DOGE's hashrate.

They are just scamming everyone like all the others, heck maybe they are even scamming themselves.

It has nothing to do with blocks, it has to do with what percent of the world's hashing power is defending/securing the coin.

Less than 51% of the world's hashing power and pretty much any world power or alliance of world powers could PWN it easily.

Only bitcoin is anywhere near being reasonably secure, and even it might not yet have enough ASICs dispersed among enough different interest-groups / demographics to be secure yet.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Benezivas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:34:01 AM

The so called development team are a bunch of pie in the sky idiots who have not enough hashing power between them to even match DOGE's hashrate.

They are just scamming everyone like all the others, heck maybe they are even scamming themselves.

It has nothing to do with blocks, it has to do with what percent of the world's hashing power is defending/securing the coin.

Less than 51% of the world's hashing power and pretty much any world power or alliance of world powers could PWN it easily.

Only bitcoin is anywhere near being reasonably secure, and even it might not yet have enough ASICs dispersed among enough different interest-groups / demographics to be secure yet.

-MarkM-

Sorry, I am going a bit off-topic here, but I have seen you post your statement, that any coin that doesn't possess 51% of the world's hashing power (I guess you are going for the actual computing power that every household/company could potentially deliver) is to be treated as potentially highly insecure in several threads by now. While on a hypothetical basis this sounds all neat, dandy and logical, you don't seem to take into account that this kind of percentage will never _actually_ flow into cryptos by a level of even 5% or so. Your argument seems to follow the thesis that everyone that knows about cryptos and is probably even accepting them as a daily feature in the yet-to-be-seen future would actually bother putting a relevant level of personal computing power into it.

Don't get me wrong - I am not trying to say that your point is invalid - 51%-attacks are currently an easy option as the overall hashing power of the whole cryptocurrency scene is still laughable at, but the actual issue to me would be a relevant spreading of the _actual_ hashing power that is currently pointed at cryptos.

TL;DR: My point is that "world's hashing power" is a term that bothers me when you are using it. No offense intended.
Pitstop

Activity: 238

We who are about to Mine, Salute You!

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:38:54 AM

Didn't even pay out on Giveaways - Dead and no one cares!!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: