Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:26:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I implement a payment system from a dedicated windows app?  (Read 464 times)
jratcliff63367 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:08:37 AM

I am developing a windows application, which runs in full 3d graphics and written in C++, that I want to release as sort of 'shareware'.  In other words I want users to be able to pay me a modest bitcoin fee and they will *immediately* be able to unlock the full features of the application. I do *not* want to have to launch a web-browser or anything like that.  I don't care about any form of payment other than bitcoin. I just want to be able to display a QR code/key and get an 'ack' that says 'payment received'.

I see that blockchain offers a great free way to handle payments like this, pretty much just the way I want, but it's all implemented assuming your are running a web-based application in a browser.

I'm not really much of a web-developer, my background is developing 3d graphics applications for the game industry.

What I would ideally like is a windows 32/64 bit DLL which I could demand load in my app.

I would like to be able to send to this DLL a 'purchase request', which essentially amounts to "send this much money to this address".

The DLL would then bring up a modal dialog box with a QR code for the end user to scan as well as the address if they need/want to copy/paste it.  The dialog box would stay up until the payment was received or the user hit cancel.  The DLL would then just return a success/fail to me.

I suppose the first question is, does such a thing already exist?  And, second, if it doesn't how hard would it be for someone to write?  And, third, if you answered 'that would be easy', can I please pay you to write it for me?  This is a very important feature I want to have in my product but I'm very much not interested in writing the code to do it myself.

Thanks,

John

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jratcliff63367 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:46:23 AM

Here's a follow up question.

Apparently there is some API called 'websockets' (I apologize, I know *nothing* about web based programming) which is some kind of standardized way to do communications over the internet and might talk to things like the blockchain.info service.

So, would the strategy I need be to integrate a lightweight C++ implementation of a websocket client, something like:

https://github.com/dhbaird/easywsclient

And then just put my various payment requests to the blockchain.info site?

Sorry, I apologize for my ignorance but this really just isn't my area of expertise.  Ask me about how to program game engines and I can help you out there....

Thanks,

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: