Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:27:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin / Litecoin Compiling Error  (Read 793 times)
NoahBuscher (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 01:45:39 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 02:14:18 AM by NoahBuscher

Hiya! I am working on a new dummy coin for testing and when I try and compile the Windows client I keep getting the error:

Code:
../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ldb_cxx

I have the Berkeley DB installed at C:\deps\db and I compiled it with:

Code:
  ../dist/configure --disable-replication --enable-mingw --enable-cxx

I am following the amazing tutorial for creating a clone over here, but I also tried the instructions on StackOverflow and the error was the same. If it helps, I'm running Windows 8 x64 with MinGW 20120426. All the versions for the dependencies are the same as the ones on the tutorial linked to above.

I checked in the C:\deps\db\build_unix and sure enough there is a file called db_cxx.h, but no library to be found.

I'm not trying to compile the non-Qt version, so no need to worry about that. Thanks so much for any replies! Smiley
bryhardt

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:02:15 PM

I am stuck at the same point... I have a working wallet qt for mac and linux, but no windows yet.
timewave0

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:39:24 PM

Did Berkeley DB build correctly? If you can't find the library file, the linker sure won't be able to either. If you know where it is, add an -L/path/to/db_cxx.lib to the LDFLAGS environment variable.

Whenever I build an altcoin daemon in Linux, I have to add an -I/path/to/db_cxx.h to my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS. Libraries work the same way, but with -L and LDFLAGS.
bryhardt

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:50:51 AM

Did Berkeley DB build correctly? If you can't find the library file, the linker sure won't be able to either. If you know where it is, add an -L/path/to/db_cxx.lib to the LDFLAGS environment variable.

Whenever I build an altcoin daemon in Linux, I have to add an -I/path/to/db_cxx.h to my CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS. Libraries work the same way, but with -L and LDFLAGS.

You are correct, I realized a couple of hours ago that the DB build had not completed when I thought it did. On to the next obstacle...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: