Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: can't cut and paste into BTC Wallet  (Read 1347 times)
aporklips (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:37:36 AM

This problem just started the other day.  I can't right click and copy, then click into a Bitcoin wallet and paste.  The paste option is grayed out.  I can't control C and V either.  I can copy and paste every were else except crypto wallets.  I've tried copying and pasting into notepad and copy and paste from there - same problem.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  I half wonder if the problem started when I installed Office 2013.  Am I the only one in the world with this issue.  It's obviously fairly serious.

Thanks
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:53:36 AM

Which wallet exactly can't you copy from?
aporklips (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:09:27 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 04:14:55 AM by aporklips

So far I've just tried BTC and FTC.  Not sure about the rest.  For example when I try to send and copy an address from anywhere I can't paste it into the address field in the wallet, but can paste it every where else (word, ie, notepad).  In other words, if I'm copying an address from a webpage or Cryptsy I can't paste it into the address field - all grayed out.  Also, obviously typing in these wallet addresses is crazy.  I'm worried about a Key Logger (did get hacked last summer and rebuilt the computer).  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I can paste from wallet history in both cases.

Uninstalled Office 2013 didn't help.  Scanned the piss out of my computer and didn't find anything.  Suppose that doesn't mean nothings there. 
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:12:19 AM

So far I've just tried BTC and FTC.  Not sure about the rest.  For example when I try to send and copy an address from anywhere I can't paste it into the address field in the wallet, but can paste it every where else (word, ie, notepad).  In other words, if I'm copying an address from a webpage or Cryptsy I can't paste it into the address field - all grayed out.  Also, obviously typing in these wallet addresses is crazy.  I'm worried about a Key Logger (did get hacked last summer and rebuilt the computer).  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I can paste from wallet history in both cases.

No I mean which wallet are you using? bitcoin-qt, armory, electrum etc
aporklips (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:19:17 AM

aw geez - Feeling like a fool.  I just installed a premium version of Webroot - That's what it was.  Some identity dealio.  When it turned it off everything worked again.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:26:42 AM

aw geez - Feeling like a fool.  I just installed a premium version of Webroot - That's what it was.  Some identity dealio.  When it turned it off everything worked again.

OK - glad its working again anyway!! Didn't want you trying to type bitcoin addresses lol
aporklips (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:32:31 AM

I know right - so small and yet so extremely frustrating  Grin.  Anyway, simple enough.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:35:45 AM

I know right - so small and yet so extremely frustrating  Grin.  Anyway, simple enough.

I've never actually typed one, but I do know if you mistype any of the  characters your money won't disappear to a stranger's address, the wallet software will reject the address, so that's good to know if you ever *really* have to type an address by hand Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: