Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:52:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FedoraCoin Android Wallet Development [NEW UPDATE]  (Read 1203 times)
denwaotoko (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:51:42 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 05:30:25 AM by denwaotoko

Hello Bitcointalk!

Although some could say FedoraCoin is a dying coin, I can't seem to just give up on it and recently have picked up a project.
With my rather limited knowledge of Java, I poked around trying to port the DogeCoin Android wallet...
But for that I needed to first change up the bitcoinJ library, which had already been ported to DogeCoin.Then, just change the network constants appropriate to FedoraCoin.
However, I seem to hit a brick wall and seemingly making no progress in solving it. So I ask the community if you guys would like to check out my github!

CURRENT PROBLEM: Won't sync past Block 9! Please open an issue in github if you have any clues or full solutions please Cheesy

https://github.com/denwaotoko/fedoracoinj

I hope I won't embarass myself showing you all this, but if anyone would like to feel free to fork it and fix it up Smiley

If I get this working, I'd like to give back to the crypto community by porting more altcoins to the Android Wallet, but at this current stage I'm too dumb to figure it out on my own.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help I get, my ears are open to all suggestsions!
novaboy2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:23:13 PM

Hello Bitcointalk!

Although some could say FedoraCoin is a dying coin, I can't seem to just give up on it and recently have picked up a project.
With my rather limited knowledge of Java, I poked around trying to port the DogeCoin Android wallet...
But for that I needed to first change up the bitcoinJ library, which had already been ported to DogeCoin.Then, just change the network constants appropriate to FedoraCoin.
However, I seem to hit a brick wall and seemingly making no progress in solving it. So I ask the community if you guys would like to check out my github!

The problem is that I can get it to compile and all, but my bitcoinj port fails horribly at all the tests before it's done compiling.
That being said, the original port (DogecoinJ) which this comes from does not pass all the tests either (I have confirmed this with the original developer). However, if done correctly, should pass all of the early tests.
My best guess is that I screwed up somewhere in NetworkParameters.java or MainNetParams.java. Those are the places I mainly suspect, but I could be wrong.

https://github.com/denwaotoko/fedoracoinj

I hope I won't embarass myself showing you all this, but if anyone would like to feel free to fork it and fix it up Smiley

If I get this working, I'd like to give back to the crypto community by porting more altcoins to the Android Wallet, but at this current stage I'm too dumb to figure it out on my own.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help I get, my ears are open to all suggestsions!

If you pull this off, expect allot of "Tips" coming your way!

Darkcoin, the only fungible crypto currency.
CoinPN

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:25:27 PM

Make one for IOS to and the tips will be huge  Cheesy
HashEngineering

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 05:25:33 AM

I checked out your github account and you have already fixed the problem.  For me, the difficulty transition checking code is the hardest to design, debug and fix.

One thing that I discovered in my work with these wallets is that it is not necessary to rename all the "bitcoin" to "dogecoin" or the other coin name.  Only the Android package name needs to be different.  All that renaming may make it more difficult to merge changes from upstream.  In the least, it saves much time doing find/replacing.

Good luck!  there are many coins out there to make wallets for and much coin to be made doing it.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: