Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:20:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Contest to name the 0.0001 BTC unit (0.1 BTC prize!)  (Read 8571 times)
coinage

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:27:50 AM

0.0001 bitcoins is a pip.

Make that

1 bip

and I'll buy it.

(Pip is familiar to currency traders, but bip is a pleasant enhancement which fits bitcoin ideally.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:28:11 AM

Following on from my prior suggestion of 1 Nakamoto :

1 Satoshi can be shortened to 1 Sat, then
1 Nakamoto can be shortened to 1 Nak.

So I also put forward "Nak"

coinage

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:32:56 AM

(credit for 'bip' goes to arcke at post #53; i'm just highlighting a rationale for it above.)
westkybitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:52:06 AM

1 botcoin
1 betcoin
1 batcoin

Provided I haven't missed a prior claim, these three can be yours.

"V"

coinWonder

1 chaum

So I also put forward "Nak"

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
westkybitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:54:36 AM

Put all the names in the poll, if it is obvious then let the voting say so.

I'm sorry, but that's just not going to happen. Sad

If a different name becomes commonplace, I can't stop that, and I have no intention to try.

And of course, others can host their own contest.

But I have criteria that I'll be applying to the initial selection process, and I've provided said criteria... plus there are a few names that I'm just not going to give money for. The forewarned bias rears it's ugly head!

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
westkybitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:57:02 AM

Just a few minutes, if anyone is contemplating last-minute suggestions.

I'll lock the thread shortly after time is up.

jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:59:52 AM

Scrambit is my last offering  Grin
westkybitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:06:56 AM

Scrambit

And... that's it! I should have the poll up within 24 hours. Thanks to all who participated!

westkybitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:46:46 AM

0.0001 BTC = Ittibit or IttiBit

Forgot to confirm this one, which seems valid enough.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: