Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:44:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Monero  (Read 588 times)
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:17:19 AM

Well, finally, at least one answer on the topic. Thanks for the info.
I work as a Webmaster and I have more than 200 websites running. On such a number of sites, it seems to me, you can make money.
I'll try - I'll see what happens in a month.
Lol, 200 websites
if the amount like that you get rich without having to think of electricity payment, internet also you don't need to buy any hardware it's like "cloud mining", but i have one question:
do you ask permission when entering "code" into the website?

He owns it, he does not need permission adding code to his sites

@Op, think of the outcome, adding this to your site

does your visitor benefited from it?

worst is that the code might detected as malicious forcing them to go away with it

AV's might also block those scripts

manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:47:10 AM

@leonix007
I predict "I have more than 200 websites" doesn't means 100% his own, i think it's the website of his client but he has access to those website because of he who created it (Webmaster) ~imo~

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:56:41 PM

@leonix007
I predict "I have more than 200 websites" doesn't means 100% his own, i think it's the website of his client but he has access to those website because of he who created it (Webmaster) ~imo~

Yeah probably

coz when I say, I have it, means, I own it

could be a website unpublished, or whatsoever

however one thing I'm pretty sure, site visitors aren't happy when they found out some code are sneaking on their CPU resources without their permission

nazaroenko1 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:51:09 PM

It is legal if you tell your users that you will be mining with there systems. It is illegal if you do so without there consent. Addis a way to make money from visitors also and so is mining. Strange that for adds we don't need to give consent but mining we must.

Good afternoon. Everything is fine. The script hung up, monroe slipped, customers did not complain, the search engines are still unclear - in two weeks we'll see.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:18:11 PM

It's effective as long as you have some active members/visitors on your website. However, it can lead to SEO black-out, with a kick-out from Google search results. Google has throughout remained against the hidden/small iFrames and popups, and mining Monero using hidden javascript plugin is something even worse.

If you've monetized your website and you're earning good through Google Adsense or any other ad network with some generation of traffic through search engines, I'll suggest you NOT to enable anything like this. Sooner or later, it'll bring down the number of your website visitors, as I think that no one would like to get their computer/laptop/tablet burn hot just for going through a website.
Nimblecrown

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:42:09 AM

Have you guys read the reports of a new form of Malware out there that has been used to hijack people's Apple Macs to use to mine Monero. It's called something like "'mshelper". All of this after Mac users used to say that their devices do not get affected by the troubles of us "common folk" but guess that's old news now. Beware Mac users!

https://www.coindesk.com/new-strain-of-malware-hijacks-apple-macs-to-mine-monero/
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 08:03:30 AM

It's effective as long as you have some active members/visitors on your website. However, it can lead to SEO black-out, with a kick-out from Google search results. Google has throughout remained against the hidden/small iFrames and popups, and mining Monero using hidden javascript plugin is something even worse.

If you've monetized your website and you're earning good through Google Adsense or any other ad network with some generation of traffic through search engines, I'll suggest you NOT to enable anything like this. Sooner or later, it'll bring down the number of your website visitors, as I think that no one would like to get their computer/laptop/tablet burn hot just for going through a website.

So very true. Do not risk your revenue and SEO ratings just for some a few hashes on Monero.

I learned this the hardway when i added coinhive to my website landing page. Lots of users complained and probably some of them reported this to google adsense and i suddenly was banned from using adsense. Violation of terms and conditions.

Hidden javascript miners are not worth it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:12:32 AM

Good afternoon. Everything is fine. The script hung up, monroe slipped, customers did not complain, the search engines are still unclear - in two weeks we'll see.
If this script/code/program continues then slowly but surely, those websites will leave by the visitor, don't bet your reputation with a few of coin.

nazaroenko1 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:13:58 PM

These sites were originally created to make money. I used them to place paid articles. Now this direction is not very interesting. I decided to try another direction. I now include about 100 new sites.
nazaroenko1 (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:27:31 PM

So very true. Do not risk your revenue and SEO ratings just for some a few hashes on Monero.

I learned this the hardway when i added coinhive to my website landing page. Lots of users complained and probably some of them reported this to google adsense and i suddenly was banned from using adsense. Violation of terms and conditions.

Hidden javascript miners are not worth it.

My sites were created specifically to receive money. Traffic is received from social networks. And how do you monetize your sites?
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:40:57 AM

Hello! It's impossible. It's illegal!!Buy yourself a gps and get legally. It's identity theft. Do not share illegal methods!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: