Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:45:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Get your Bitcoiner facebook badge!  (Read 746 times)
osmosis (OP)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 11:51:35 PM

http://www.picbadges.com/bitcoiners

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 01:14:56 AM

The Facebook badge is a nice idea. I followed the supplied link to http://howmanycoins.info/ and read the tagline The #1 source for Bitcoin information. It piqued my interest, although I thought it could have read like this: The #1 Source for Bitcoin Information. I scrolled down a tad and read the following.

HowManyCoins.com is the number one source of all your bit coin information. We stay ontop of this exciting market and all it has to offer.

Afterwards, I quick reading. I couldn't take it any longer. Why? Grammar=C+ & Spelling=F I'm not too concerned with the grammar, but there shouldn't be any excuses for spelling errors. I probably would have stopped reading after the first sentence if the paragraph was longer. Really! Bit coin as two words as opposed to Bitcoin? On top of that, I encounter the word "ontop" in the very next sentence.

Please PM me when you have the spelling errors corrected so that I can enjoy what you have to offer.

Cheers!

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 01:43:53 AM

Afterwards, I quick reading. I couldn't take it any longer.

Same hear.  Grin

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
osmosis (OP)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 01:45:55 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  Ive fixed the spelling errors on howmanycoins.com.  Please let me know if anyone spots any other errors or has a suggestion for the site.  Im aware of one issue, the contact button isnt working correctly. Havent found the fix yet.

And just so I dont hijack the thread...go get your facebook bitcoiner badge!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 03:00:36 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  Ive fixed the spelling errors on howmanycoins.com.  Please let me know if anyone spots any other errors or has a suggestion for the site.  Im aware of one issue, the contact button isnt working correctly. Havent found the fix yet.

And just so I dont hijack the thread...go get your facebook bitcoiner badge!

I applaud your efforts, osmosis. I did take the time to read through the home page. It is an awkward read, as so is your font choice. Please don't take this the wrong way. If anybody else here has corrected criticism for osmosis, please offer it up to him, for I feel he has Bitcoin's best interest at heart. He also has proved to be the type to adjust whatever may need be adjusted (damn, that doesn't read quite right, but this is just a forum, whereas if I were writing copy for a website, I would make sure each sentence made sense). It looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you with your site.

Cheers!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: