Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:05:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to Connect to CoinEx pools since yesterday  (Read 3852 times)
crackedeggs1 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:55:05 AM

Hi,

I have been unable to connect to any CoinEx.pw pools since yesterday. I see that other users on the site are still mining without issue, so it doesn't seem like there is a problem with their site or the pool. At first I thought it was only a problem with stratum proxy for sha pools, but then I tried changing which scrypt coin I was mining and have not been able to reconnect to any pool for over a day.

Since I was able to connect before yesterday with the same miner and configs, I don't think it is a software/config issue either. I can connect to pools on other sites fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not my firewall taking things up a notch since I restarted my computer last. Even so, my firewall logs don't show any blocked traffic when I am trying to connect.

The only thing I can think of is that CoinEx blocked my IP address yesterday when a friend tried to check their account from my computer and they forgot their password and used up all the login attempts. I can still login to my own account though, so I don't see why that would have only locked me out of the pools.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful.
Artlover

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:49:09 AM

Yeah, a LOT of people are having problems connecting to their pools, and they apparently aren't in any rush to fix it.  Angry

About 4 days ago in the chat window, CaptainFuture was talking to another admin suggesting it's their DDOS prevention system blocking people out (while ignoring everyone else asking about the problems).

I opened a ticket with them 3 days ago, I got a reply yesterday about them adding my IP to their no block list. But as of now, I STILL can not connect to any of their pools.

Don't understand why I need to jump through hoops and give them my IP for them to add to a no block list at all. Their DDOS prevention is obviously broken and they need to FIX THAT instead of screwing over legitimate users and putting the work and effort of them to get unblocked. And I can't even say that much because jumping through the hoops doesn't actually help anyways.

Totally ridiculous. I'm about ready to say screw CoinEX as both a pool and a exchange. There are just too many constant problems with them. It's no wonder CoinWarz doesn't even reference them anymore and considers their exchange offline.  Roll Eyes
Artlover

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:42:11 PM

Well, according to CaptainFuture in chat this morning, I'm on their list, they just haven't processed it yet.  Undecided

Whatever. Ultimately, there are other better pools with lower fee's out there anyways. So it's them that are loosing free money, not me.
Artlover

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:32:33 PM

Was able to connect for a few hours yesterday. Except their stratum connection keep dropping out every 30-60 seconds. cgminer was generating more rejects than accepted because of it. Then can't connect at all anymore. It's been going on a week now. It's really simple. Whatever the hell they did a week ago that broke everything, they need to undo it and figure something else out.

Really poor start to the new year for everyone (mostly CoinEX and Cryptsy). Not even two weeks in, and both have managed to do nothing but cripple their systems to a point of near uselessness.
Artlover

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:20:45 AM

It seems like the connection problems may not be associated to CoinEX or their anti DDOS.

Did some research, and it seems that one of the main routers (buc-ird-02gw.voxility.net) used by the ISP Voxility.net downstream of CoinEX is failing. It's listed on DSLReports as being lossy. So I suspect that is where the bulk of the problem is.

That said, connection seems to be pretty good today. Been connecting just fine all day and evening. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: