Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:35:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have an innovative coin idea, but am not sure where to start...  (Read 522 times)
Joshuamcd22 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:52:15 AM

Hi,

I have an idea for a new alt coin (not crap coin) It is actually innovative, and has some features that I don't think have been seen before.

That said, I have NO idea how to implement the coin....

Here are the features it would have:

• Instant block loading or synchronizing with network
  • No one would have any advantage mining, no matter what kind of computer you have, you mine at the same speed as everyone else
  • No processing power is used in mining, so the computer of someone mining is not slowed down (this also allows it to be mined at the same time as other coins )

That is the general idea, and I know how it could work, but as I said before, I have no idea how to implement it....

Any pointers on what to do/how to get started???

Thanks,
Josh
sighle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:03:10 AM

You might try starting with a computer science degree and learn to program. That should get you on the right track.

[DOGE]: D6EBXikfCaPqcEJULsR2qzrLWyGBdYEwGv
[LTC]: LbPrmVGKnVhn6G8FFGFdthPyP1tjFucZHu
BTC: 1JpJ4tTM2ZCCLQf1jAnTmQbKMq7LGbrmQG
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:07:07 AM

So who owns/has access to the most computers make most money?

Sounds like BotnetCoin.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:15:00 AM

Hi,

I have an idea for a new alt coin (not crap coin) It is actually innovative, and has some features that I don't think have been seen before.

• No one would have any advantage mining, no matter what kind of computer you have, you mine at the same speed as everyone else
  • No processing power is used in mining, so the computer of someone mining is not slowed down (this also allows it to be mined at the same time as other coins )

That is the general idea, and I know how it could work, but as I said before, I have no idea how to implement it....

Thanks,
Josh
I think you'd better understand why PoW or PoS is required in the first place. One of the main reasons is to avoid people to spawn a lot of instances to attack without any cost. Your idea is exactly something they love. They can even create thousands instances in one computer.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 06:12:45 PM

Knowing how it would work and knowing how to implement it are the same thing.

If you don't know how it can be implemented then you basically do not even know whether it is possible/feasible.

I know how letting people personally fly could work: sprinkle them with fairy-dust.

How to implement that fairy-dust? Who cares? That is someone else's problem...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:14:59 PM

Hi,

Thanks,
Josh

I also have a great idea on how to upgrade bodies:

• Self-healing capabilities
  • High-speed flying
  • Force shield

I'm not sure were to start, do you have any advice?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
lololol3

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:16:32 PM

hey, I know how you feel. This is something I am thinking about: to make coins more equal for everyone. This would be huge. But I am also weak at programming.
I am collecting contacts to all the people interested in this idea - something like EQUAL COIN, PEOPLE COIN or something like that.

I am going to make a board in the future to discuss it.
Hit me up if you are interested
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:27:30 PM

hey, I know how you feel. This is something I am thinking about: to make coins more equal for everyone. This would be huge. But I am also weak at programming.
I am collecting contacts to all the people interested in this idea - something like EQUAL COIN, PEOPLE COIN or something like that.

I am going to make a board in the future to discuss it.
Hit me up if you are interested
This is so flawed deeply in the roots that I'm not sure were to start to bash it...

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:41:12 PM

what about a coin that does one hash every second.  so it's the same on each computer
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:43:28 AM

what about a coin that does one hash every second.  so it's the same on each computer
A main concern in p2p software is that you cannot rely on the assumption that no one will change your code. You may easily add a sleep in the code to control the generating speed, but you cannot avoid others to remove this 'sleep' from his code. Remember being a decentralized application, there's no central point to control anything in the global level. That's why PoW is introduced because they can avoid such kind of cheating. Everyone has to finish some kind of computing before they can generate a block and the interval of generating blocks can be adjusted by changing the difficulty.   

Before we come out some innovative ideas, we'd better understand the rationale of current system first. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: