Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:37:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Solved]Can't Recover Armory offline Wallet  (Read 1295 times)
coinlovers2 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:07:35 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 06:50:46 PM by coinlovers2

I tried to get my private keys from a paper wallet,i imported wallet to armory.But when i tried to view private keys they are not visible.
I followed this exact method https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=351099.msg3763524#msg3763524

But at step 4 i can't see my private key(Yes Kept tick mark to private key at step 3)

https://i.imgur.com/G3dB0lo.jpg

Please,what am i doing wrong? I am trying to get private keys coz my internet is slow i can't download whole blockchain.
coinlovers2 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:40:16 AM

So nobody on bitcointalk can help with this?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:08:16 PM

So nobody on bitcointalk can help with this?

Maybe you can explain more clearly what the problem is? I don't really understand what you did/didn't do.

more or less retired.
coinlovers2 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:36:15 PM

1:I imported wallet into armory(I just downloaded the armory and i don't have bitcoin client installed on my pc coz i don't want to download all the blockchain)
2:i imported from paper wallet,
wallet version:1.35c
backup type:single-sheet (unencrypted)
and wallet successfully restored
3:i want to get private keys,
so i went into "wallet properties".
clicked on "backup this wallet"
clicked on "see other backup options"
Selected "export key lists"
and then a window came,there i selected private keys but below private keys are not visible,i can't see them

Do i have to make armory to online to see the private keys?
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:05:36 PM

1:I imported wallet into armory(I just downloaded the armory and i don't have bitcoin client installed on my pc coz i don't want to download all the blockchain)
and then a window came,there i selected private keys but below private keys are not visible,i can't see them

https://bitcoinarmory.com/about/using-our-wallet/

You must be in “Advanced” or “Expert” usermode to use offline wallets.  “Advanced” is the default mode when you first install Armory, but some users change to “Standard” to simplify the interface.  You can switch modes from the main window menu under “User”

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
coinlovers2 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:21:13 PM

You must be in “Advanced” or “Expert” usermode to use offline wallets.  “Advanced” is the default mode when you first install Armory, but some users change to “Standard” to simplify the interface.  You can switch modes from the main window menu under “User”

I tried to view them in all 3 modes but i can't see private keys.I even created new wallet and tried on them but still private keys are not visible.
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:38:10 PM

Someone is free to correct me but my limited experience with armory, before creating my own method for making deterministic wallets (I felt Armory backups were not secure for my needs, because of how obvious it is what they are, or at least how obvious I expect Base58 strings and four-letter series to be in the future) was that you have to have been completely synced at some point? And that you'll need to sync before going offline? Idk. I'm sure the armory dev will come to your aid soon, but I've seen this for a few hours now. If it's importing your backup without an error, I wouldn't panic yet. If this is still an issue I'll be a Good Samaritan when I wake up and take a look. I'm scheduled for a nap and can't delay it any longer.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 01:45:40 PM

I tried to view them in all 3 modes but i can't see private keys.I even created new wallet and tried on them but still private keys are not visible.

did you try unticking the private key hex box,

im sure their would be a youtube video of it, just search for armory, be sure to let us know what it was  Smiley

also try looking at the thread you posted again and follow the steps and read what everyone posted below

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

coinlovers2 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:53:20 PM

I tried almost everything but can't get private keys,so i will try to make armory online.It will take few of days but i think its the only option.

After making armory to online i hope i can send my bitcoins out of this...
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

did you watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGvrai3JxxI

change the setting to 144p is your struggling with bandwidth

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:39:28 PM

Go in Expert mode, and make sure you have clicked "Include Unused (Address Pool)"

With the options you chose, you are only displaying visible addresses, which you can reveal one at a time clicking on "Receive Bitcoins" in the Wallet's Properties Dialog.

coinlovers2 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:49:31 PM

Go in Expert mode, and make sure you have clicked "Include Unused (Address Pool)"

With the options you chose, you are only displaying visible addresses, which you can reveal one at a time clicking on "Receive Bitcoins" in the Wallet's Properties Dialog.

This worked thanks man  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: