Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Video Cards Wanted - See Outlined Deal in this Post.  (Read 921 times)
c0op3r (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2011, 01:22:20 AM

I have a proposition for someone with (2) extra nice BitCoin Mining Cards, see I built one mining rig already, and would like to build another, the other/future rig has everything needed but the Vid Cards.

So here is the proposition:  Someone that has (2) Cards, I will put them in my machine at work and run them 24/7, and pay you for the cards via BitCoins as they are produced (I have 6 BitCoins now, to pay out). ( I sent these to someone and I am pretty sure I got Scammed)

The rig that is mining 24/7 now consist of a C2D Processor, 4GB RAM, Win7Ultimate, 250GB HD & (2) XFX 6950 1GB Video Cards - this machine Runs 24/7.

The second Machine has a ASUS P5D-N MB, Intel Pentium D, 4GB RAM, Win7 Ultimate & 160GB HD - this is the one that needs Vid Cards!

So here is the catch even though its not really a catch - Anyone that wants to do this, we will agree on a price in BTC, for the cards, I will pay you that price in lots of 5 BTC at a time(as produced by both machine / 4 video cards), until the debt is paid, at which point the cards and any further BTC is mine to keep.

I will provide verifiable information about myself to anyone that is interested in this deal, upon the time that we have come to an agreement, the advantage here is that someone gets to mine coins, with out: Paying for the Electricity, the Cable/Internet Connection, or the additional Hardware that is associated with Mining.  I have a rack at work that runs 24/7 and is completely battery backed up and cooled in an Air Conditioned Building and has an additional fan blowing on the machine(s).

Why am I doing this: because I enjoy playing with the BitCoin Miners, but will not have enough coins for a bit to afford the TWO new cards, and really once I do have coins I have nothing to do with them except spend them on more BitCoin Mining Hardware.

c0op3r

email: email (at) c0op3r (dot) com if you are interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coolhwip

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2011, 05:28:41 PM

This deal is pretty bad for the seller. With your deal I will be down 2 cards, without being paid anything that would put you (the buyer) in the hook/guaranteeing a purchase. On your end you get a free card to mine and on top of that I have no way to verify that all your mining production is going towards paying for the cards.

I have a better deal which I've already done in the past. I was paid a downpayment of 75% of the value of the card and I kept the card. I mined with the card and kept everything it produced until the buyer paid the rest of the balance with his own mining efforts. We also set a hard price on dollars or the equivalent in bitcoins and a hard deadline to completely pay off the card approximated from his current hash rate. I protected myself against a drop in bitcoin value by accepting them with a 20% lower price than market value.

I have a spare pair of XFX HD5870 XXX Edition (overclocked to 950Mhz core and memory underclocked to 165Mhz doing ~460Mhash/s). If you are interested let me know.

P.S: I'm also going to need pictures of this "rack at work" with your username and the date handwritten on a piece of paper please. I will also need your heatware or any other references you may have vouching for your rep. Thanks.

c0op3r (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 01:28:39 AM

I don't see how this is such a bad idea for the seller, the deal is basically designed for a person that wants:

• BitCoins and was going to buy them anyway
  • The person that bought cards and figured out that Mining is hot, noisy and uses a good bit of Electricity
  • Upgraded to better cards and does not want two of the ones they have
  • Insert any other reason here

Also the person that would sell the cards to me would be getting 2 x the BitCoin mining power to pay for the cards, (my current cards and the (2) cards they would sell me).

As far as the price, that of course is completely negotiable, I don't mine paying a little extra for used cards, as I am trading my time, other hardware use, and electricity for the cards.  As to your point about the price being based of some sort of fixed amount, I would have no problem with that.

As far as your deal, I would not be interested in that at all as if I wanted to spend 75% I would just go over to CompUSA and spend the extra 25% and be done.  The point of this deal is that, I already spent about $600.oo on my first mining rig, just to see it work, I want to hit the GigaHash mark, and really don't want to spend the additional $600.oo it would cost to do it,  this is just a Toy / Experiment for me.  I have no use for the BitCoins Except to buy more Cards.

Your deal in most ways is my deal in reverse.

As to a picture of the RACK I will post that tomorrow when I get to work, its not much to look at, but then again why does it need to be, its black boxes in a rack that run 24/7.  I am not out to pull anything over on anyone, I am not hiding who I am or how to get in touch with me. 

LMK what your think

c0op3r

PS:  I sent the BTC that I already had, to someone and got scammed, it seems a common problem with the BTC Community, not that everyone is a scammer (far from it) I think that its just something that is new and it is easy for the scammers to exploit as it was designed to be anonymous.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 02:59:45 AM

c0op3r, put youself in the sellers shoes. should i do a normal sell to someone and get the money right away? or should i just ship the card to someone with 9 posts and have absolutely no reputation, and if you were legit, i would get full payments months after i gave you the card? in these months, i could have just used the cards to mine some of the BTC myself, while still being able to keep the cards after these months.

c'mon now... if you want the video cards, front the money.

c0op3r (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 04:03:42 AM

c0op3r, put youself in the sellers shoes. should i do a normal sell to someone and get the money right away? or should i just ship the card to someone with 9 posts and have absolutely no reputation, and if you were legit, i would get full payments months after i gave you the card? in these months, i could have just used the cards to mine some of the BTC myself, while still being able to keep the cards after these months.

c'mon now... if you want the video cards, front the money.

I can agree with you, but I might as well post it and see if anyone is interested, as there seems to be a lot of people that get started in this and then bail, having extra hardware.  They might also still want to have BitCoins but no longer have interest in Mining for them themselves.

Oh and to reputation, yes I only have a few post, but a quick Google search shows that I am not new to Forums and the Internet, my 300+ eBay rating shows that I am not some 'tween' scammer, I run my own web server (with pictures) out of my house that has the registration information to match, and I will gladly send a scan of my power bill to anyone that does want this trade.  I could spam the list to get my post count up, but there really is no point in that.
c0op3r (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 03:28:02 PM

Ok here is the photo of the 'rack' at work:

http://www.c0op3r.com/images/bitcoin_rack.jpg

The top unit is works virtual machine, we used to have 4 seperate machine to do what this one boxes does now.

The next Box down is the current BitCoin Miner

Third Box is basically doing nothing right now as it will the future home of some new video cards.

The bottom is the UPS, it got its face kick off a while back and no one bothered to put it back, but the batteries just got replace less then 2 weeks ago.

Also I have another of the big black 4U boxes that might later get put in if I locate some more Video Cards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: