Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:45:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining pool comparison  (Read 1356 times)
marketgarden (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:42:27 AM

Im planning to make a comparison site for crypto currency mining pools, aiming at doing it from a newb perspective.

Ive bought coinminingpools.net, just curious as to potential interest, would there be any?

If somebody thinks they can do a better job of it than me I'll sell the domain, would rather not sell to an existing pool who will just rate themselves as the best and the rest as scams lol
marketgarden (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:47:17 PM

Guess not then, I'll work on it this week.

Could be a decent affiliate opportunity.
EZ Hashing

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:48:30 PM

really like your idea, keep us posted on the progress.
Pita

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:51:33 PM

I would like to see a comparison and perhaps a poll of pools that do coin mining based on best profitable coin such as multicoin.com or middlecoin.com. Would love to see which people prefer better and what pros and cons are of any.
marketgarden (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:42:13 PM

I think communal involvement is important but ratings from users can be a nightmare when you've pool owners putting down the competition, time will tell.  Im not sure Im experienced enough for the job but I've help available.

aznboy84

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:49:04 PM

dat was a lonngggggg domain name  Smiley

marketgarden (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:45:58 PM

I thought that but hey what else could you call a coin mining pools site BTC
Thom

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 10:02:26 PM

I would like to see a comparison and perhaps a poll of pools that do coin mining based on best profitable coin such as multicoin.com or middlecoin.com. Would love to see which people prefer better and what pros and cons are of any.

Seconded. I've been multipooling and middlepooling myself in a pool-off of sorts.
I was also planning to point two identical raspi + block erupter rigs at BTCguild and cex.io to have a pool-off.

On the other hand if you want to beat me to it, all the better. Or if you want a hand, (i dev web) that's plausible for some coin or affil linkery.

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
marketgarden (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:52:09 PM

The whole things a no-go without affiliate money to either hardware or the pools themselves.

Experienced help welcome Thom, it was only when I was looking for a no BS comparison of whats out there and what would work best for me as a beginner that I decided a directory was required.

Web development isn't my biggest issue, its the guts of how to rate the pools themselves.  Pool-offs and that sort of thing are beyond me, I can put the platform together and give people the space to rip each other apart, post articles, strategies, reviews, plugs and give pool owners the opportunity to promote themselves.

I'll struggle to add much in the way of meaningful content given I've only been interested in the issue for about 12 hours.
marketgarden (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:31:39 AM

I'm not invested in this idea emotionally at all btw, if somebody else wants to do it I'm more than willing to help or sit by and consume rather than help produce.

As I say I know I'm not the man for the job.
marketgarden (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:34:37 PM

I think I'll just make it a free for all as I'm in no position to rate pools myself.

Throw some wordpress up, let the people do all the reviews and ratings for the various offers.

As for affiliate/sponsorship, I'll see what happens in time.
R0yalAir

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:50:11 PM

I think it doesn't need to be changed, very nice idea.

marketgarden (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:25:57 PM

Everything I've tried with coinminingpools.net has turned to rubbish lol.

I'm scrapping it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: