Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:05:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should i use 300$  (Read 2753 times)
garcias (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:54:53 PM

garcias,

Curecoin I am not sure of the exact launch date, but it should be in the next 1-2 months I'd imagine. It's best to go check out their forums for updates.

eMunie will be ready Q1 this year, but you can get in on the pre-launch sale this month if you sign up at their forums.

REMEMBER, due diligence! I would spend at least a week reading up on them, don't just take my word or anyone else word. The only way to see through the clutter is due diligence.

Read the forums for different altcoins. Don't do your research on these forums as so many people will bash one another to try to make the coin they support look better. In the end the best advice you can be given is the advice you give yourself through due diligence!

Regarding paysafecard, I would see if anyone want's to trade paysafe for bitcoin, maybe you could avoid the 20% that way? Why can you only use paysafe? You don't have a bank account? Or you already have the paysafe and want to use it on coins?

Thanks yeah reading a lot on forums is a good way to know more about new coins
I have a bank account but now im on my parents house and closer bank is 20Kms from my house -.-
And at beggining of march i will have acess to my other credit card, that one i can use online
This one i have cant be used for online shooping -.-
What sites do you recommend to buy bitcoins from, deposit from my bank account? Trusted sites ofc Wink
I only have 1 paysafe atm but the reason i was using this is because i didnt have a better way
but i forgot virwox and paysafe last days due to some people saying with that kind of fees my 50€ will endup near nothing
Thanks man for your help Wink

Support DigiByte Smiley
DGB:DLLC7PPEZ7zxnB1RJd9hsvwr1HdJxFfGcb

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 10:55:57 PM

Hi all,
English ins't my native language so im sorry for spech mystake.
I'm new on bitcointalk, i´ve been following this website to see some posts since i started care about crypto currencies some moths ago...
So i have like 300USD to use in some cryptocurrencies
I dont want to buy Litecoins nor Bitcoins or other of this currencies with a high price.
I want other currencies that are under 1USD right now, wich in future could be at 5-10USD or something like that.
I want to use it in multiple cryptocurrencies, like 50USD for NXT 50 for NET...etc
If you have this money for with this conditions what you will do?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english Sad
What I'd say the best investment would be is the millibit (mBTC). It's at around $1 right now but a few months ago it was ten cents, I think it will hit $100 someday Wink
garcias (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:05:16 PM

Hi all,
I'm new on bitcointalk, i´ve been following this website to see some posts since i started care about crypto currencies some moths ago...
I dont want to buy Litecoins nor Bitcoins or other of this currencies with a high price.
I want other currencies that are under 1USD right now, wich in future could be at 5-10USD or something like that.
I want to use it in multiple cryptocurrencies, like 50USD for NXT 50 for NET...etc
What I'd say the best investment would be is the millibit (mBTC). It's at around $1 right now but a few months ago it was ten cents, I think it will hit $100 someday Wink

i will watch it Wink
Forums and communitty to see if the people are good and this shit
Thanks

Support DigiByte Smiley

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
Mistercoinz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:10:39 PM

CoinyeCoins, you should buy CoinyeCoins
garcias (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:48:12 PM

are they out already?
I've seen them on geek.com( geeky website) but dont know when they will be out Sad

Support DigiByte Smiley

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
FireBTC

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:04:49 AM

If I were you I would by BTC on BTC-e
garcias (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:10:13 AM

If I were you I would by BTC on BTC-e

ill give it a try to see if they are good
Thanks

Support DigiByte Smiley

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
nerobie

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:32:37 AM

I would advise reading up and making your own decisions
garcias (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:30:04 PM

I would advise reading up and making your own decisions

Thats what im doing Smiley
this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0
is the best to know what one do exist and wich ones are dying or dead etc
I have now 2000Lottocoins by giveaway
Didnt bought a single coin, searching for the best one to invest but CureCoin and Emunie got my attention Smiley

Support DigiByte Smiley

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
CapitolCoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:41:25 PM

@garcias Wow, thats a useful writeup. I'm saving that link for later, thanks!

Obviously, any investment has a potential to not pan out and that holds true especially for crypto currencies. However, I did pretty good on BTC-e recently. I noticed that when Bitcoin takes a hit, all the alt's are affected too. Bitcoin is essentially the reserve currency of all Alt coins since it is the easiest way to get them, so this makes sense. But often the alt currencies go down against bitcoin as well (probably because people are trying to convert them to BTC so they can cash out), so their reaction is kind of overstated.

I saw this pattern a few times and moved a good chunk of Bitcoin to BTC-E the next time it happened.

I didn't just buy everything though. My take on the Alts:

Peercoin: First to market with Proof of stake, this coin actually solves something so it could go the distance. Bought a bunch at $2~, sold it for $6~ on the rebound.

Novacoin: Secondary bet on PoS- seems like it may be more actively developed, and for some reason the market seems to value it higher. I bought some at $15, sold it at $17. Not my best performance, but it seemed to hit a price wall so I was happy to not loose any money on it.

Litecoin: If I'm long on Bitcoin, I'm kind of medium on Litecoin. On one hand, I don't think it solved any real problem with Bitcoin (because "It's hard to Mine bitcoin" isn't a real problem). On the other hand, its 2nd to market so there is value in the adoption rate. Bought at $17 sold at just below $24.

Feathercoin: I'll be honest, this one was more of a lark. Just going by what the market seemed to believe it was worth before the crash, I thought it was undervalued so I could buy a boatload. I bought at 27 cents and sold half of them at at 46 cents.

Biggest regret: Not buying Namecoin. It's stupid because I really believe in it- the possibilities for distributed DNS, messaging, etc. are awesome. But I had a over 10 from merged mining, so my brain checked out like I already had some. I could have bought it at $3 a pop and made bank selling at $6.5.

I should probably mention that I left a a little in each currency so that if it kept shooting up I could still make some money on it. Not sure that was the right call- probably would have made more if I did a full exit and just waited for the market to dip. We'll see..
eazyc14

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:55:24 PM

Buy a beer for yourself or a good dress.
garcias (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:23:09 PM

Buy a beer for yourself or a good dress.

dont like beer  Grin

Support DigiByte Smiley

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
garcias (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:25:56 PM

@garcias Wow, thats a useful writeup. I'm saving that link for later, thanks!

Obviously, any investment has a potential to not pan out and that holds true especially for crypto currencies. However, I did pretty good on BTC-e recently. I noticed that when Bitcoin takes a hit, all the alt's are affected too. Bitcoin is essentially the reserve currency of all Alt coins since it is the easiest way to get them, so this makes sense. But often the alt currencies go down against bitcoin as well (probably because people are trying to convert them to BTC so they can cash out), so their reaction is kind of overstated.

I saw this pattern a few times and moved a good chunk of Bitcoin to BTC-E the next time it happened.

I didn't just buy everything though. My take on the Alts:

Peercoin: First to market with Proof of stake, this coin actually solves something so it could go the distance. Bought a bunch at $2~, sold it for $6~ on the rebound.

Novacoin: Secondary bet on PoS- seems like it may be more actively developed, and for some reason the market seems to value it higher. I bought some at $15, sold it at $17. Not my best performance, but it seemed to hit a price wall so I was happy to not loose any money on it.

Litecoin: If I'm long on Bitcoin, I'm kind of medium on Litecoin. On one hand, I don't think it solved any real problem with Bitcoin (because "It's hard to Mine bitcoin" isn't a real problem). On the other hand, its 2nd to market so there is value in the adoption rate. Bought at $17 sold at just below $24.

Feathercoin: I'll be honest, this one was more of a lark. Just going by what the market seemed to believe it was worth before the crash, I thought it was undervalued so I could buy a boatload. I bought at 27 cents and sold half of them at at 46 cents.

Biggest regret: Not buying Namecoin. It's stupid because I really believe in it- the possibilities for distributed DNS, messaging, etc. are awesome. But I had a over 10 from merged mining, so my brain checked out like I already had some. I could have bought it at $3 a pop and made bank selling at $6.5.

I should probably mention that I left a a little in each currency so that if it kept shooting up I could still make some money on it. Not sure that was the right call- probably would have made more if I did a full exit and just waited for the market to dip. We'll see..

Thankyou for the inpuut
And your last quote is something ive been thinking, when we see Bitcoin value over time we want to keep a little of each one maybe we get lucky on one Smiley
Wich sites do you use for deposit money and exchange for bitcoins/litecoins whatever?
I use cryptsy for save my coins but seems like they have a lot of bugs on their code and are slow Sad

Support DigiByte Smiley

this is a scam:
69.5 BTC

[/quote
ChilledTamale

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:53:59 PM

Bitcoin or Litecoin no question
CapitolCoin

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:50:04 PM

Thankyou for the inpuut
And your last quote is something ive been thinking, when we see Bitcoin value over time we want to keep a little of each one maybe we get lucky on one Smiley
Wich sites do you use for deposit money and exchange for bitcoins/litecoins whatever?
I use cryptsy for save my coins but seems like they have a lot of bugs on their code and are slow Sad

Heh, not sure if that was the right call- especially right now, with all the cryptos down. But hey, gotta think long term, right?

As for which sites, I use BTC-E for everything except DOGE. BTC-E seems to only trade in coins that are notable enough, so they only have 7 alt coins there. Cryptsy kind of takes the other route- I think they have something like ~150 different alt coins! I manage monitor them all on MyAltCoins.com. A bit buggy, but pretty graphs, and its nice to see all of it in one place.

I only buy my BTC on Coinbase. I haven't had enough money to spend to make any other site worth the hassle.

Right now is actually probably a really good time to buy, I just don't have the cash right now. Good luck!
chocomav

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:13:03 PM

Coinbase is probably the easiest and most convenient way to buy bitcoins as they link to your bank account and also allow you to purchase a small amount instantly each week. Dogecoin could potentially crash but it does seem to have a lot of active users so it can still have some longevity.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:31:36 PM

Bitcoin or Litecoin no question

OP deliberately mentioned "I dont want to buy Litecoins nor Bitcoins" lol.
oxfardk

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:03:39 AM

Go to buy some BTC with these 300$

lol this altcoin is no more hype Grin

rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:16:51 AM

Hi all,
One thing i still don't understand is if so many alt coin releases and say few of them succeed doesn't it make decline in BTC rate..? can anyone send me a link to a thread/post where i can read all this in details.

R0yalAir

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:31:43 AM

One thing i still don't understand is if so many alt coin releases and say few of them succeed doesn't it make decline in BTC rate..?

BTC is the first cryptocurrency and altcoins are clones simply

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: