Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:16:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox just re-hit $1000...  (Read 2477 times)
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:50:50 PM

Alright, I call the bearish was over.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:01:31 PM

Right now I do think that Bitcoin price is 90% manipulated BS. However, it is also combined with unprecedented demand.

What happens when you have an unregulated trading market combined with rampant speculators buying in at any price, I think you get $10k bitcoin in a hurry.

I wouldn't be surprised if we surge into the thousands before we correct back to where we are. Just way to many forces in play right now though, this train has left the station.

Think of how much USA QE money is sitting in the hands of the greedy wall street speculators who just finished fleecing the stock market in 2013. I am certain there are many many millions floating around that are willing to throw a little cash into the Bitcoin speculative pool and drive the price rapidly.

My biggest fear right now is that if all the miners, pool operators, and coders become 100+ millionaires in the first quarter that they will flee to Fiat and maybe even disappear for 10 years on an island far away. I don't think most current holders of BTC could resist.

Then we will left with a commitment and leadership void among the new wave of investors with less than 100 BTC.... could get ugly.

Right now the price is driven by speculators wanting more fiat not by investors fleeing Fiat. I would prefer the later and this surge makes me very nervous. What the hell are we witnessing?!??!

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:15:19 PM

Right now I do think that Bitcoin price is 90% manipulated BS.

I believe you may not be giving enough credit to simple chaos.

I know the feeling you mention but what worries me is that I might start believing in some kind of conspiracy where the top 50 Bitcoiners - those rich ones - are all in league with eachother, rubbing their hands with glee as they fleece everybody.

An unlikely scenario, I think you'll agree?

No, things are more chaotic than that. That's not to say that there aren't large whales about, but as I've said before and as has been backed up here by at least one big whale, I do not believe that generally they are in cohorts with eachother to get as much out of the market as possible.

But yes they may try to move the markets individually. But then I bet they lose out often enough when the market swings back and slaps them across the face. Just look at this weekend for example. Magic!

It's also important to note that certain large whales probably want to keep most of their coins for the long term, as by doing so they will own significant "shares" (for want of a better word) in a great global payments system. And that will count for a lot.

It might sound like a joke, but I believe that in the markets the day of the plankton is coming now. Arise plankton, with your micro-payments and your Bitcoin burgers!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:56:57 PM

Where the pro´s here were speculating that we wont reach $1000 today, we reached it minutes after they said that  Cheesy

You have to love Bitcoin.

The pros keep their mouths shut for the most part. 

And then they can say "look, exactly what I thought happened"  Cheesy
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:59:46 PM

Where the pro´s here were speculating that we wont reach $1000 today, we reached it minutes after they said that  Cheesy

You have to love Bitcoin.

The pros keep their mouths shut for the most part. 

And then they can say "look, exactly what I thought happened"  Cheesy

Or silently gloat.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:01:43 PM

Right now I do think that Bitcoin price is 90% manipulated BS. However, it is also combined with unprecedented demand.
Looking at volume, is demand unprecedented? Compare, say, 11/2-11/28 and 12/21-1/4.
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

if only it weren't impossible to get USD out of gox...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: