Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:55:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hacked at cex.io  (Read 778 times)
johningreece (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:47:18 PM

Earlier today my cex.io account was hacked and also my email. The hacker sold the GHS I had and withdrew the funds. I had deposited 10 btc into my cex account. My cex account is now frozen by cex and they are investigating - whatever that means. Does not cex have the obligation to make this right??
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

Earlier today my cex.io account was hacked and also my email. The hacker sold the GHS I had and withdrew the funds. I had deposited 10 btc into my cex account. My cex account is now frozen by cex and they are investigating - whatever that means. Does not cex have the obligation to make this right??

CEX has no obligation whatsoever. Account security is the responsibility of the user as long as the website offers sufficient security.

Let me make a wild guess: You had no 2FA enabled on your account.
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:16:20 PM

Did you use 2fa authentication process to secure account?

How he got access to your account?
Did u clicked anything on other websites?
bornkiller

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:15:07 PM

So am I. I haven't 2fa. My mailbox is on the big public service, password on account and email was different. I didn't click anywhere and didn't start any application from suspicious sites.
I've check my pc by drweb cureit with last bases and found nothing. Ms Essential is always run. Now I waait for mail support to undelete messages from my mail if any.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:27:45 AM

Does not cex have the obligation to make this right??

Why would they have an obligation to make it right by you for something that you've done wrong. If you haven't taken the necessary measures to ensure that your account is secure it's hardly Cex's fault.
johningreece (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:08:24 AM

Cex did not take the necessary precautions. 2fa is an option, should be mandatory. And they need additional security for withdrawals.

http://mentaso.com/bitcoin-news/cex-part-2-the-hacked-account-and-children-playing-grownups.html
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:03:59 AM

2fa is an option, should be mandatory.

If you think it should be mandatory, then why didn't you have it enabled?
Olly_K

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:19:05 AM

wait, what ? you had set inadequate security on your account and now you want CEX to make it right ?

lol
kickbit

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:21:36 AM

wait, what ? you had set inadequate security on your account and now you want CEX to make it right ?

lol

Agree.
I don't understand that kind of users.
Cex.io give all necessary possibilities to protect your account. Why not use them? Smiley

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: