Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 11:03:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]PLEASE STOP DOING MORE COINS, THATS BAD TO ALT COINS  (Read 4806 times)
Marsenault

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:51:27 PM

Yes, all the coins are getting ridiculous, but it is something that just has to run it's course. It's just part of the growing process. I expect it to get worse, before it gets better. Won't surprise me if we have people naming them after themselves byt the end of the month. But soon their will be no hype or excitement that develops around them. Even now, the time that people are hyped about a new clone coin only lasts about 6-8 hours after it's launch, compared to weeks/months of interest  that would be generated just a short time ago.

Here's the addy it puts it in, or else it gets the hose again...
BTC:16kWLsTvdmJL8R7dw6RqqwsRboAK8e1Dfq
or...
BTC Scrypt!  126yRe5jhtGV2UQfNZQDC1saWUtoSntfF8
satosh007

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:26:37 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 11:35:26 PM by satosh007

Let them be thousands shitty Alts, let the newbies and losers mine this SHIT, therefore less hash rate and low difficulty for REAL coins.

Just my 0,02$

this is true
No low difficulty will come (soon/late) because they will be back sooner than you think Roll Eyes
It's all about the rapidly raising difficulty on BTC & LTC  i think folks with high end miners are surviving but all other down who are trying to climb the ladder some how; will continue to mine the new alt's to get any kind of profit out of their current hashing power.
It's a Free Market.

suchnoob

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:33:43 PM

This is like the colonization of America by europeans. 1st the explorers (bitcoin, litecoin), then the colonists (altcoins) then all the opportunistic shits who couldn't get by in their country (all the latest shit coins).

Imo if the altcoin is bad, no dev support or rushed release just to get faster money out of it we shouldn't support it. There must be set a standard. Even if we'd lose a few bucks now it would be better for the market in the long run.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:36:14 PM

My 2 Cents:

as soon as an altcoin enters coinmarketcap, the people dont care about specs and innovation.
wait are you saying that's just all marketing bs? 

say it ain't so. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
suchnoob

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:40:10 PM

My 2 Cents:

as soon as an altcoin enters coinmarketcap, the people dont care about specs and innovation.
wait are you saying that's just all marketing bs?  

say it ain't so.  

It is all marketing bs. What do you things all these giveaways are for? Except for a few, altcoins are 100% marketing and hold no value other than to make some money out of new people into crypto.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:41:14 PM

Coincidentally I am releasing PleaseStopCoin this afternoon.

If you would like mining info PM me. 

PS-  PM coin will be launched tomorrow. no premine!

PPS-  PSCoin due out Wednesday.

PMScoin arrives next week, if we are lucky. You can only mine it for a few days a month and your wallet drains automatically the rest of the time.

That last one was too far wasn't it.

ANNOUNCEMENT:    PleaseStopCoin

dev:  release source and provide wallets; will start solo mining. 

everyone else:  this is the real thing; the specs are good for PleaseStopCoin.  get in before we go to the MOON!

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
hope4me

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:44:42 PM

Everyone should make his own coin, it is open source code afterall. This way maybe some interesting altcoin come.
stewart2012

Activity: 560
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:27:37 PM

Please stop this no sense of coins, if we focus in 5-10 alt coins perhaps they take some value, with this number of bad coins miners dont mine together and coins are forgotten soon. This could erode public confidence in all new coins. Please dont support more coins, we could choose some of them, then we can do some money, if not we are lose money, time and opportunities.

Thanks for reading.

I agree with you 100000%
mbenga (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:55:03 PM

I am reading lots of opinions, thanks for support this debate. Perhaps these coins born died but i think we dont have to feed the troll. (¿no trollcoin yet? please lets do it!! Wink )
wakasaki808

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:57:42 PM

I am reading lots of opinions, thanks for support this debate. Perhaps these coins born died but i think we dont have to feed the troll. (¿no trollcoin yet? please lets do it!! Wink )

there was a tr011coin...it died Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=367303.0
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:09:27 PM

It's called an open market. Anything is allowed. Things will get figured out in time.

Everyone wants to cash in on early low difficulty mining.

I think it's going end up being a waste of time for most people because they will realize only 1 out of the 20 coins they mined made it to an exchange and their coins will be dirt cheap on the exchange. After that, no body will mine new coins and people will stop making them. The problem will solve itself.

jerrybusey

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:45:38 AM

Yes, all the coins are getting ridiculous, but it is something that just has to run it's course. It's just part of the growing process. I expect it to get worse, before it gets better. Won't surprise me if we have people naming them after themselves byt the end of the month. But soon their will be no hype or excitement that develops around them. Even now, the time that people are hyped about a new clone coin only lasts about 6-8 hours after it's launch, compared to weeks/months of interest  that would be generated just a short time ago.

I was thinking of releasing a proof of concept coin with some ideas I've had but I couldn't think of name until now. JerryBuseyCoin! Brilliant suggestion sir.

BTC love: 13pBauoSCJBF5Vdb1AuMYg1kDvrKzNSthU
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:16:55 AM

Im convinced that those shitty coins appearing now are actually a good thing. Its a test of strenght. New coins with strong community will survive.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
robzordoge

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:19:34 AM

I agree, but this was bound to happen. I'm just glad it's going to be over really quick. Through this we'll see better alt coins show up because there is a new standard that must be met to not be just another dump coin.
koprobo

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:23:00 AM

+1 it's killing the market, new shitcoins with imaginary reason why this coin will be the greatest and used in future (giftcoin for gifts, lotto for lottery)
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:54:39 AM

How about at least having some imagination for christs sake. it's like a 9 year old is designing these coins. it's sad.
johnngbluntzky

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:22:35 AM

Please stop this no sense of coins, if we focus in 5-10 alt coins perhaps they take some value, with this number of bad coins miners dont mine together and coins are forgotten soon. This could erode public confidence in all new coins. Please dont support more coins, we could choose some of them, then we can do some money, if not we are lose money, time and opportunities.

Thanks for reading.

you're wrong. altcoins serve one important purpose other than improving on bitcoin and that is; to introduce and involve people into the much larger game of bitcoin without having to invest exorbitant amounts of $$. since it's value has risen so high, a lot of middle to lower class individuals find it harder to buy in, even though you can buy in fractions.

i paid $2500 for my 2.7mh rig and now have BTC6+ through trading up altcoins and cryptsy. 1.5 months so far.

some people will say that's a scam and i'm leaving bagholders.. but that's the collateral damage of having a free market. poor speculators can't blame anyone but themselves.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:08:07 AM

@DJTrey
This bump is for you Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400066.0

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All